Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

[Alcohol] Why do american rhums taste like shit ?

• Thread starter Fancy Alcoholic
  • Start date
Fancy Alcoholic

Fancy Alcoholic

Living by the name
★★★★★
Strong alcohol is a good cope. But american rhums are just plain awful.

They always put a shitton of sugar and other weird additives of vanilla and toffee to hide the poor taste of their shitty product. Meanwhile, french rhums from the old colonial plantations of the remaining "outre-mer" territories taste like heaven, just like scotch or bourbon when they are well assembled and aged with know-how.

How is that ?

Last edited:
The first time I had Jack Daniels Whiskey made me want to quit alcohol for good, that's how bad the taste was.

The first time I had Jack Daniels Whiskey made me want to quit alcohol for good, that's how bad the taste was.
It's not good, but not that bad honestly. But yeah, it's "americanized" to the point where it tastes like it has sugar in it ... Real bourbons are more subtle.

Americans love sugary shit. Our entire diet is basically high fructose corn syrup.

Alcohol tastes like shit in general

Americans love sugary shit. Our entire diet is basically high fructose corn syrup.
Makes sense lol.

No, don't get me wrong people, I was not referring to the US, but to the whole continent, as most rhums are from coutries situated in central America. Talking of which, France do still own territories here, that are famous for their "terroir" in that matter, while most cheaper rhums from other countries around can't really compete, honestly. I wanted to know if some connoisseur had an explanation or eventually a good bottle to recommand.

Alcohol tastes like shit in general
If you buy a really good bottle of any alcohol one day, you will change your mind.

Every alcohol tastes bad my man. It's poison overall. I guess "girly stuff" like white claws or fireball whiskey is fine but then it just feels like you're cheating.

Every alcohol tastes bad my man. It's poison overall. I guess "girly stuff" like white claws or fireball whiskey is fine but then it just feels like you're cheating.
I only drink "strong" alcohols, not because it's "manly" (honestly I don't care about that), but because alcohol is a powerful taste enhancer and all the natural tastes coming right from a local tradition, know-how and authentic local master craftmanship can be better perceived through the action of both aging and preparation. And also I'm allergic to sulfites and wine is full of those shits so no wine.