Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Any drawcels here?

Manletmancer

Manletmancer

Banned
-
I really want to learn how to draw but find it difficult to get into. I'm 25 and feel like it's already too late for me, though apparently Van Gogh started at 28. I just want to feel like I'm good at something, a specialty if you will. Any advice?

My drawing is sucks ass and I dont give shit

I once tried to get into it but become demotivated pretty quikly because i sucked at it.

@Weeee likes to draw.

Nope. And drawing needs massive motivation

Not enough Asians on this fourmm
I really want to learn how to draw but find it difficult to get into. I'm 25 and feel like it's already too late for me, though apparently Van Gogh started at 28. I just want to feel like I'm good at something, a specialty if you will. Any advice?
Just draw using reference from hentai artists

Not enough Asians on this fourmm

Just draw using reference from hentai artists
I heard somewhere that you should learn normal drawing first before transitioning to the anime/manga artstyle, otherwise you end up drawing weird proportions.

I heard somewhere that you should learn normal drawing first before transitioning to the anime/manga artstyle, otherwise you end up drawing weird proportions.
If you copy well that won't happen, just try to study some realism while drawing anime. To improve observation.

my motor skills are terrible and I was never into drawing, but I try to learn to draw My Little Pony style
I've seen some improvements already: it's mostly pattern recognition (I try to take an image/screencap, break it down into easier shapes and redraw) and muscle memory (after some time you can draw from memory), you can learn it with lots of exercise (I try to draw for at least 1 hour daily)
maybe crazy realist paintings require real talent, but everything else is just hard work, accessible to anyone

Can't say I am.

I used to sketch owls as a kid. Got pretty good at drawing them. But I suck with human faces.

Nope, I’m oppressed since I’m not talented enough.

Well, I started at just copy other drawings, and in practice you getting all the knowledge you need. But I'm too lazy (about 2 hours per week) to have a good result, i'm on 14yo schooler level.

Practice everyday and use references.

How did you draw those perfect round eye shapes?
I used to use like a cross as a guide to how big the circle was, mostly using small strokes to sketch it. I orginally just copied other people's owl drawings till I got the hang of it. I might try drawing again and see if I can still do it.

@GameDevCel

Eskimocel

my drawings are really ass

Well, I can draw anime characters in general.