Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Any tips for an alcoholic?

Autoimmunecel

Autoimmunecel

Greycel
I am currently drinking so much alcohol to help with the pain and mental anguish. I believe if I stopped I would get cirrhosis of the liver like my grandmother did. Any tips to wean off it? I though maybe I could replace it with tea or something slowly.

drink pure alchool to damage your brain and become numb

Get a liver transplant

tea is the best replacement for me. non caffeinated tea at night with just a bit of sugar or honey.

as far as quitting, you can either try going cold turkey or slowly ween off of it. experiment with both methods.

weening off of it works better than going cold turkey imo. what you wanna do is limit your drinking sessions to once a month and after that session, don't drink for another 5 weeks and after that drinking session, don't drink for another 6 weeks etc... and keep increasing the pause. before you know it you don't even wanna drink anymore.

drinking only once a month is fine too.

drinking once or twice a week is way too much. as you'll feel shitty all the time, tired, depressed, anxious, and unmotivated.

you want to use your weekends wisely to get ahead in life financially or with school.

also someone already said it, try changing your environment as best as possible. your current environment of stress and suffering is causing you to drink away the pain.

Last edited:
tea is the best replacement for me. non caffeinated tea at night with just a bit of sugar or honey.

as far as quitting, you can either try going cold turkey or slowly ween off of it. experiment with both methods.

weening off of it works better than going cold turkey imo. what you wanna do is limit your drinking sessions to once a month and after that session, don't drink for another 5 weeks and after that drinking session, don't drink for another 6 weeks etc... and keep increasing the pause. before you know it you don't even wanna drink anymore.

drinking only once a month is fine too.

drinking once or twice a week is way too much. as you'll feel shitty all the time, tired, depressed, anxious, and unmotivated.

you want to use your weekends wisely to get ahead in life financially or with school.

also someone already said it, try changing your environment as best as possible. your current environment of stress and suffering is causing you to drink away the pain.
Change your environment.

Thanks for the tips. My grandmother went cold turkey and died Infront of my eyes in the hospital after a few months so I will definitely not go that route. I'm glad I learned about tea however and how that has helped people.

I have been trying to drink every other day and it seems to be going somewhat ok. Once I stabilize that I will try to go once ever 2-3 days and so on. Once a month is my goal. I think once my health improves it will be a lot easier.

As for environment. That depends on my health but I'm hopeful I'll be getting better since my medication seems to be working better than in the past and my parents are moving too. I just can't handle this kind of alcohol abuse to my body.