Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR Anyone bored of video games?

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
I can't game anymore without getting bored out of mind. I've just played so many video games and done it all that it feels repetitive and tedious. Maybe I'll finish an hour of a game at most then never touch it again.

I gave up on videogames. They're all boring. Maybe we're both aging (in our twenties). Could be related to decreased attention span? Might be one of the many reasons, actually. What are you doing on your free-time, anyways?

I gave up on videogames. They're all boring. Maybe we're both aging (in our twenties). Could be related to decreased attention span? Might be one of the many reasons, actually. What are you doing on your free-time, anyways?
Rotting. Counting time untill sleep. Wbu?
Video games are probably boring because we're depressed and don't have anything to look forward to in life. Most normies can make friends in online video games or play video games with their friends.

I got bored of them years ago as well. It’s as saint hamudi said, “every cope has an end”

Same thing. I'll try to get educated although my IQ is average-average and, well, college wouldn't be a suitable option.

Maybe getting better hardware could rekindle our interest in videogames.

Same thing. I'll try to get educated although my IQ is average-average and, well, college wouldn't be a suitable option.

Maybe getting better hardware could rekindle our interest in videogames.
Maybe, but might just be another hope and cope. You'll probably just end up in the same place.

It's normal to go through video games burnout, especially if it was your main cope for a long time. Try doing something else for a while

It's normal to go through video games burnout, especially if it was your main cope for a long time. Try doing something else for a while
I hate movies and TV shows, reading, YouTube videos, discord. I've burned out on everything.

I play rockstar games that's it

I got burnt out from playing all summer so I switch to reading books and watching anime and I slowly build up the urge to play videogames again.

I can't game anymore without getting bored out of mind. I've just played so many video games and done it all that it feels repetitive and tedious. Maybe I'll finish an hour of a game at most then never touch it again.
I know that feeling. I would some times fall asleep while playing them. I thought about playing them again, but at the same like nah.

Maybe i'll just keep playing videogames until i die on sitting on my chair

Master the game by getting all achievements. Otherwise youre just a dopamine riding normie consumer

I know that feeling. I would some times fall asleep while playing them. I thought about playing them again, but at the same like nah.
How do you cope now?

Master the game by getting all achievements. Otherwise youre just a dopamine riding normie consumer
I'm too bored to even make it an hour into them much less get all the achievements. :lul:

What do you play?
Mostly Project Zomboid these last few months, i can't get bored of it. I love the feeling of the apocalpyse because it's not too diferent from real life. Only difference is that the Zombies in real life can speak, use computers and Twitter.

Don’t play video games never played it often

Cutting wood is more fun than playing video games.

I still like rpg's with well developed world and characters like mass effect or dragon age. Unfortunately there are only a few games like that nowadays

Some old games are broken and can be fun to screw around with. This Ecco the Dolphin glitch is fetch because it looks like roping IMO:

But modern games often have too much emphasis on cutscenes, railroading, and irrelevant fluff rather than gameplay

I don't bother with those, except maybe griefing people once in a while

I too am bored of games, I still play them but barely, games would be more fun if they werent used as a cope for my situation, I also think games are more fun with friends but I have none, they also have definitely gotten a bit worse than they used to be.

This forum has been my cope the past 24 hours other than sleeping I have been on here way too fucking much lol I went from like 750 posts to 1000 and I don't sewermaxx

Yeah, they're getting boring. There are a lot of shit games out there. The industry is bloated and needs to implode. Games today are pozzed with wokeness. Developers are scared to death of the woke mob and so we have games like the previous and current MK games which unsexualized the female characters among a whole host of other terrible games with terrible design choices.

I've got 40 hours played on Lies of P and it only came out 4 days ago.

I got into podcast and audiobooks and watching twitch more so than gaming.

modern video games feel like you're not supposed to play them for fun

I'm with you on this one, brocel. Every single game I've tried post 2014 has been total dog shit. I know it's just a sign of me getting older though.

I'm with you on this one, brocel. Every single game I've tried post 2014 has been total dog shit. I know it's just a sign of me getting older though.
Nah, modern games just suck.
modern video games feel like you're not supposed to play them for fun
You're supposed to get addicted and buy micro transactions. I hate how every multiplayer game is a competitive sweat fest as well. No fun allowed.

Nah, modern games just suck.
You're supposed to get addicted and buy micro transactions. I hate how every multiplayer game is a competitive sweat fest as well. No fun allowed.
It definitely has to do with the fact that games are just used for money now, not as expressions of creativity or art. I know that is overplayed to say, but it's true.

I want a game made by a truecel. It would probably not be allowed to be sold on any site.

I got bored with everything

Opinions? Especially compared to from software games?
I've played all the DS games, elden ring, bloodborne, mortal shell, wo long etc. Lies of P is the hardest souls like that I've ever played. Dodging feels clunky and the parrying is too high risk most of the time because you take a lot of damage if you fuck up the timing. Bosses are aggressive and you barely get any time to attack them back.

I've played all the DS games, elden ring, bloodborne, mortal shell, wo long etc. Lies of P is the hardest souls like that I've ever played. Dodging feels clunky and the parrying is too high risk most of the time because you take a lot of damage if you fuck up the timing. Bosses are aggressive and you barely get any time to attack them back.
So it's harder for the wrong reasons? What I like in souls is that I never said "it's unfair/it's impossible".

So it's harder for the wrong reasons? What I like in souls is that I never said "it's unfair/it's impossible".
Yeah, it has bullshit mechanics. It doesn't feel as good as any of the fromsoft games.

So ovER for my depression and fried dopamine receptors. I can't enjoy gaming, TV, series etc.

Last game I played was Diablo 4 and it solidified to me that gaming is truly dead (this shift started around 2012). You can still cope with old games but that gets boring as well.

I used to game 8-10 hours a day not too long ago, but now I haven't launched one in weeks, and when I do I just get bored within 2 minutes, move to a different tab while leaving the game open and never going back to it. It's over.
Now I just sleepmaxx and rot in front of youtube/movie streams and listen to music.

If I could push a button and sleep forever I probably would

Last edited:
games just don't hit the same. Too much has changed.