Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Ascension missed out due to autism? (no LARP I swear)

Johnny-come-never

Johnny-come-never

Banned
-
A few years ago, my autistic lack of social skills prevented me from spotting IOIs from a hot female coworker. I probably missed a relationship out.
Furthermore, this woman was a :blackpill: challenger: better-looking and taller than me.

It happened six years ago. I was young graduate, first job as a software engineer.
I had a female coworker, a software engineer as well. She had joined the company six months after me.
I really liked working with her, often pair programming. Got along well.

After a few months she eventually quit. I told one of my colleagues I was going to miss her.
He looked extremely surprised and replied: "But we all thought you were dating!".
That means I didn't get the IOIs at all. Since then I've learnt about it and I should have noticed:
  • she never rejected me when I suggested pair programming
  • she sometimes initiated pair programming
  • we spent quite a lot of time Skyping instead of working
  • she complimented (a little) both my looks and personality
  • she confided in me (ok this one could have meant friendzone)
  • she touched and teased me in front of others (I think this very one explains the quote above)
  • we had a few lunches and walks all alone, including from work to her building
  • she gave me her phone number, and we spent some evenings texting
But we never met outside of work. Maybe she was expecting me to ask her out, she was kinda shy.
I saw our relationship as professional and nothing more; I saw our Skyping and texting as informal communication, small talk.
Yes I was socially dumb, and I'm still but at a much lesser degree I guess. I hope I've improved my social skills, but such a thing never happened again.
(I must say that I've only worked remotely since then, due to severe depression partly because of this story; today I'm going better and currently seeking on-site job.)

In addition and in my defense, her profile was a real outlier! I had no clue she could ever have been into me, I mean:
  • she was a hot Moroccan, I was an average-looking white Frenchman
  • she was 26, I was 22
  • she was 5'11, I was 5'5!!!
  • (and we had the exact same job and salary)
In conclusion, I therefore think I completely missed out at least a nice friendship with a hot woman.
As an autist, I've had no friends since high school and could never have imagined this happening to me. I wasn't ready.
Looking back on it, this experience is no longer suifuel but lifefuel; that's why I want to go back to on-site work.

By the looks of it, most certainly.

Cope, if she was really interested in you, she would eventually ask you out herself.

facemogs me work experience mogs me and age mogs me. Oh right probably not you're too short, unless you have an actual chadlite face or above that could cause one of those tall foids dating chadlet situations

Dnr

But if a girl finds you attractive she will do anything to get you. That's why Chad with Autism mogs NT Normie