Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Bought an ultrawide monitor and hate it tbh

D

Deleted member 140

outnumbered KHHV minority of sexhavers.co
-
How do people use these things? I wanted to have windows open side by side cause I thought it would improve productivity, but the extreme vastness of a 34 inch monitor is so fucking huge that I have to keep turning my head and it's beginning to fatigue, and the whole screen isn't even in your natural field of view, even if the screen is mega curved. Who the fuck am I, that magic stretching man from Fantastic 4? Thought I would really like it to have terminal on one window and an editor open on another window, but I think I'll just go back to alt-tabbing between windows. And doing everything else in a browser sucks because you either have extreme black bars or white space on the sides. And everytime I have to look at the time or date, send my neck on a mission from Alaska to New Zealand instead of moving my eyeballs.

Monitorcels thoughts?

I use a mini tv as a monitor

I used to have two monitors and it was pretty nice tbh. Then the piece of shit square monitor from 2007 I was using broke.
Just use a multiple monitor setup tbh ngl

I used to have two monitors and it was pretty nice tbh. Then the piece of shit square monitor from 2007 I was using broke.
OG greycel good advice tbh :feelsokman:

I genuinely have no idea why people use ultrawide monitors, but I can kind of see the argument for widescreens. They make everything look stretched and autistic. Only shit on TV looks good on ultrawide screens.

I'm even hesitant to buy a new monitor. I use an old 5:4 flatscreen for PC gaming, I just like the way everything looks tbh. Not to mention these old flatscreens are built like tanks.

65” 4k hdr 144hz
television
A tv with 144hz refresh rate :feelssus: that seems weird i never heard of a TV like that, there is probably a market for them but im not aware. I saw TV sized monitors with high refresh rates from Asus.

I think 27" is the optimum largeness for a monitor in typical use.

I always wanted to have a second monitor. Then extend the screen and move only certain windows to the second screen, for example during coding. I don't know if that's possible with a single huge monitor.

Perhaps look for a software that divides the monitor into two sections, simulating two monitors then you can have a primary normal monitor and another one where you can drag certain windows into.

27-32 is fair for those who sit right up close, but I hate sitting up in an office chair when I could relax and work/play in a recliner.
Yeah i agree. I have mixed thoughts about sitting on a chair tbh. I am good when i stay in different positions but i also love to lay on bed while i watch stuff. 27 inch is not good for that since my bed is too far but its almost optimum for a normal sitting position.
I want to get a new chair which has better angles than the one im using rn.

24 1080p 144hz monitor i like it alot

This. I went the cheapo route and bought a simple DisplayPort to VGA adapter for my ancient POS 2nd monitor instead of buying some fancy $300 (or more) ultrawide monitor. The signal from my GPU just gets converted and easily shows up on my old 2nd monitor. Buying new stuff when older stuff will suffice just seems like wasteful consoomer behavior to me.

I use a mini tv as a monitor
This is what I use too. I have an RCA to HDMI adapter connected. It's only good for movies though as the text is all blurry

you have fooled by the marketing. its your money. u r the buyer.

i tried to use 40 inch tv once way too big.

for me I got used to an ultrawide as one monitor, making me want two ultrawides top to bottom