Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal brutal incel trait: you used the Persona series to cope with loneliness while in school

Indari

Indari

r4peman
★★★★★
Through my anime obsession in high school, I discovered Persona 3 and read a synopsis somewhere that grabbed me. Something about a dark protagonist forming bonds in school to boost their supernatural powers. I busted out the old ps2 my cousins had gifted me years prior that I'd never used and researched how to set it up, then begged my mom to buy me a copy of the game. The setting and atmosphere immediately grabbed me. An idyllic high school life. The imagery of wind turbines, a glistening city skyline and ocean, and reflective glass buildings. Running through the halls and going to club activities. Hanging out with friends in the city and deepening my "social links" with them, an actual mechanic of the game. Living out literally every day of the year. All accompanied by majestic tracks like "want to be close" and "when the moon reaches for the stars". It filled my imagination with visions of this idyllic, glistening school life that warmed my heart. I fully projected onto the blank slate protagonist of this anime game. I'd go through my shitty, lonely, crushing, boring real school life and listen to the game ost while walking through the halls and larping as the protagonist, then play the game with all my free time after school. I clocked 130 hours on Persona 3 FES, albeit lots of that was probably the gay ass fusion system that I never got the hang of. The Japanese sure know how to do escapism.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
I wanna fckiin play it now :feelsokman:

FINALLY someone mentions persona
If it wasn't for persona during certain parts of my life I would've killed myself by now

Persona is great cope for incel who miss highschool

I used FF XII as escapism, i prefered riding chocobos, exploring dungeons and maps and hunting rare monsters than real life.

never played it but i always wanted to. Its on my list but i just gotta get around to it tbh:feelsokman:

I may have been a pathetic loser in school but I wasn't a weeb thankfully.

Those games seem too brutal to cope, I would rather play something detached from reality or something that doesn't remind me of those years.

Why some fellow incels cope with Japanese cartoons is beyond me, but I find it cringe. Rather cope with vidya games or something outdoorsy like hiking.

they are good if you're a maladaptive daydreamingcel
I daydream a lot, but I prefer to occupy my brain with abstract things or serious topic, I was never that much into mundane and practical stuff, When i want to immerse myself in fictional world, I rahter prefer its detached from our world or contains some interesting subjcet matter.
I will probably end up playing it eventaully as there is only limited numbers of games and no many good left.

:feelsaww: persona 4 and ffxii .

:feelsaww: persona 4 and ffxii .
i enjoyed persona 4 even more. Then persona 5 was like a rip off of p4 with fast travel eliminating some of the atmosphere. also there was no school activities.

Why some fellow incels cope with Japanese cartoons is beyond me, but I find it cringe. Rather cope with vidya games or something outdoorsy like hiking.
anime was the coolest shit in the world to me since my earliest memories. now I barely watch it

Neva play this game.

I played Persona 5 over the summer, I loved it

I played Persona 5 over the summer, I loved it
I was hyped as shit from the trailers which I watched thousands of times, but it died with all the delays. It never could have lived up to the visions I had in my mind.

I don't like turn based games so I never played the Persona saga. When Yakuza saga also became turn based it was suifuel.

I was hyped as shit from the trailers which I watched thousands of times, but it died with all the delays. It never could have lived up to the visions I had in my mind.
I just started playing it in 2021, lol

This is why I'm like coping with games like this. It's not just that reality is suifuel, it's also boring as fuck and most people aren't interesting and nuanced like in the games.

I didn't own a PS so I watched a youtube playthrough of P5. Still a very memorable experience, now makes me want to listen to that amazing soundtrack again.

I was more interested on the summons, Thanatos and Messiah looked cool as hell so i wanted to have them. Which i did(with a guide sadly) pale rider was a pain to get

Recently I've been playing persona 5 on a PS3 emulator, liked the game

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back