Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Can someone explain to me the appeal of nintendo switch

Caesercel

Caesercel

Take a look to the sky just before you die.
★★★★★
I mean I can see the benefit if you a parent who wants to buy something for your toddler. But I just don't see why this should be so popular and successful among gamers.

Its technologically way behind the competition. Can't play the cutting edge AAA titles. And the catalogue is mostly uninteresting and can only appeal to the worst of nintendo nerds

Exclusive games. Unique UI. Potability. Multiplayer experience.
Shit but still has somethings going for it

Nintendo built up a good rep before it

it allows you to play animal crossing

lol

Good portability + it’s got some really good exclusives.

I feel like it's quite a "back to basics" machine. I think most people don't particularly want the latest cutting edge graphics and would rather have an easy-to-use system that they can take around and play easily with their friends.

its a cult product.

I mean I can see the benefit if you a parent who wants to buy something for your toddler. But I just don't see why this should be so popular and successful among gamers.

Its technologically way behind the competition. Can't play the cutting edge AAA titles. And the catalogue is mostly uninteresting and can only appeal to the worst of nintendo nerds
Speaking just for me. It's convenience, and it's a console for people like me, that could care less about graphical fidelity and triple A "stuff".

I would take Metroid Dread over God of War Ragnarok any day of the week. Even though the former could run on a PS2.

While Sony is falling all over themselves to basically be a "Games trying too hard to be movies" game company, Nintendo are at least sticking to the "art style and gameplay is king" philosophy.

That being said, any gamer out there should just get a PC/Steam Deck. They are the ultimate platform to play games.
Can Emulate basically anything, and have a huge library of games, new and old.

I would love the portability if everything didn’t play at 30 fps

:yes::yes::yes:
I replay all the gba pokemon games every year as tradition, a few Ds games too
~Based. I still keep my ancient Emerald save file.
I got Silver on all Battle Frontier brains, gotta aspire for the elusive Gold. lol

Mega based, I love restarting games and changing things up though, also I try to do all the late game activities too. Sucks ass that I can't get all the pokemon in one game because I can't trade with anyone for trade evolutions or get other legendaries but oh well
You need the trade link cable thingy, 2 cartridges, 2 GBAs.
~How else.. would i have my Alakazam ? heh

Oh shit thanks, gonna be a problem getting another GBA though, that shit is rare to come across and even if I do they're fucking expensive
The maneuver around this, get something like Emerald 386, one of the finest romhacks ever made, contains everything you need.
Those trade restrictive Evolutions, instead evolve by happiness.
--Lore friendly.

I just use it to play Nintendo exclusives

Last edited:
I would take Metroid Dread over God of War Ragnarok any day of the week. Even though the former could run on a PS2.
I played Metroid Fusion on gba emulator. Only 4mb yet the game packed so much. Putting most android games with 100 times the size to shame. Still, I can't see how switch can be anything other than a supplementary and that too for only those who see value in nintendo exclusive kiddie games. Which I honestly can't.

I used to use an emulator to play them anyway, no way am I paying that much for a shit console
Switch is cracked?

I played Metroid Fusion on gba emulator. Only 4mb yet the game packed so much. Putting most android games with 100 times the size to shame. Still, I can't see how switch can be anything other than a supplementary and that too for only those who see value in nintendo exclusive kiddie games. Which I honestly can't.
I totally get what you mean.
And yeah, Fusion is excellent.