Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Canadiancels, Which Anthem Is Better?

Which anthem is better?

• "O Canada"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
lonelysince2006

lonelysince2006

Honorary Autist
★★
"The Maple Leaf Forever" (1867-1980):

"O Canada" (1980-present):

@HeOweGoreWrath

"The Maple Leaf Forever" (1867-1980):

"O Canada" (1980-present):

@HeOweGoreWrath

I'm not Canadian but I love Canada, and have been there 3 times. I think O Canada is good since it's the one I associate with the country. But to be honest I had never heard The Maple Leaf Forever. I think that old anthem is pretty based too actually, since it has a lot of those old British Empire references. It reminds me of Canada's British heritage. Also kek that Wales didn't get mentioned but every other country in the UK did.

I'm not Canadian but I love Canada, and have been there 3 times. I think O Canada is good since it's the one I associate with the country. But to be honest I had never heard The Maple Leaf Forever. I think that old anthem is pretty based too actually, since it has a lot of those old British Empire references. It reminds me of Canada's British heritage. Also kek that Wales didn't get mentioned but every other country in the UK did.
They also didn't mention France which got a lot of Quebecois worked up apparently, which is why the person who made it modified it to have "lily," a French symbol, in "Thistle, shamrock, rose entwine" → "Lily, thistle, shamrock, rose \ The maple leaf forever."

I personally like "The Maple Leaf Forever" way more because it's epic. I don't know why, I just don't like "O Canada." It's really ear-grating if not sung by the proper person/choir (no offence). For example, this rendition is quite "ear-grating" in my opinion:

It just has a major cringe factor.

I've also memorized the entire lyrics of "The Maple Leaf Forever," so that helps.

They also didn't mention France which got a lot of Quebecois worked up apparently, which is why the person who made it modified it to have "lily," a French symbol, in "Thistle, shamrock, rose entwine" → "Lily, thistle, shamrock, rose \ The maple leaf forever."

I personally like "The Maple Leaf Forever" way more because it's epic. I don't know why, I just don't like "O Canada." It's really ear-grating if not sung by the proper person/choir (no offence). For example, this rendition is quite "ear-grating" in my opinion:

It just has a major cringe factor.

I've also memorized the entire lyrics of "The Maple Leaf Forever," so that helps.

Yeah that is SUPER grating I agree. The way you describe it I think O Canada is also just too modern sounding with its lyrics if that makes any sense.