Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Chess is the ultimate incel game and I think I know why

Celasius

Celasius

★★★★
It boils down to one thing:
Unlike life, chess is fair.

It’s therapeutic and comforting in the sense that it’s predictable. It feels safe owing to the fact that you can actually foresee the future in it, and so long as you’ve done a good job, good results are guaranteed. Both sides have an even chance and all starting points are equal. You can learn to be on your own ground inasmuch as you’ve sacrificed time practicing it. It’s adaptable, flexible, and most importantly, brutal. The learning curve is immensely steep and it’s complexly relentless on paper forwhy if you make the smallest of mistakes that end up costing you the game, you have NO ONE but yourself to blame. That notion is tranquillizing barring the fact that it’s YOUR fault if you are a failure. What’s the most beautiful thing about it is that, in the end, it’s all trivial. It’s the minor nuances that make it special, and it’s that obsessing over the little things that don’t matter that helps you escape from the real world. You do so much for so little and so few that it’s almost poetic.

Now, unless you’re cognitively biased, you can absolutely not say the same about life. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.

Life is unpredictable, visceral, and inconclusive. There is nothing guaranteed in life. Good results not always stem from good deeds or hard work. Luck plays a massive role in your success. The majority of what’s ahead of you has already been determined. You’re free to think that you have it all under control, but in actuality, ANYTHING can and will happen at any moment. Of course, you can see the resemblance, and a lot of it is similar since it’s merely a game of choices with what you already have (i.e., just play your cards bro), but again, the contrast is that nothing is warranted in life, whereas everything you wish to achieve CAN be yielded on the board provided that you aim for it. And maybe that’s the hardest part to accept. To accept that a lot of your misfortunes were never meant to be your fault. Things just happen. Out of the blue. Blundering your queen ten moves in is your fault, sure, being born short, ugly, getting bullied and rejected for it, losing loved ones out of nowhere however, wasn’t. But you keep beating yourself for it to no end or avail. You can’t really blame it on anyone or anything, they just co-exist. The rest is up to you. The rest: not being much.

For the most part, you can deem it an autistic hobby, but since it doesn’t pay shit, there’s a reason why a lot of those who were psychotic enough to pursue it professionally all in an attempt to escape and cope were trucel-looking “losers” by society’s standards.

I’ve played a lot of videogames, and I think I can easily say that I feel the safest when I’m on this one. It feels even more safe and relaxing than Stardew Valley for example. It’s extremely calming to me. It’s not immersive, and maybe it’s just cause I really like puzzle games since it technically counts as one, but once you get into it and it starts to click, you would not find anything else like it.

Last edited:
Chess is high quality incel cope because unlike life, it’s predictable and if you had made a mistake in it, then you can say it’s 100% your fault. It’s comforting to you because it’s a breath of fresh air. For once, that 8x8 board is a just world.

Games in general are designed to be fair - that's why they tend to be more appealing to people to whom life isn't fair, which is us.

Only board game i’m okay at is checkers, which might not even be true because i only play against ai :feelshaha: its over for retardcels

Only board game i’m okay at is checkers, which might not even be true because i only play against ai :feelshaha: its over for retardcels
Depends on the A.I difficulty.

a lack of intellect
Philosophically, maybe. That’s one way of looking at it. However, it’s mostly just up to practice and adaptation. Chess players are known to be intellectual, but I slightly disagree. For the most part, it’s a lot of practice from a young age, but for the ceiling and the potential you have in it, yes, much like everything else, it’s genetic determinism. But then again, the game is completely up to you and the starting point is equal.

never learned to play chess
Spongebob Squarepants Crying GIF

never learned to play chess
Spongebob Squarepants Crying GIF
It’s still not late. I learned it at 18 and I’m 1500-1600 in rapid and blitz, 1700 in ultrabullet and 2300-2400 in puzzles. You can improve drastically if you’re willing to put the time and effort but frankly and obviously, we will NEVER be as good as someone who started playing it when they were like 5. That’s just how it is.

It’s still not late. I learned it at 18 and I’m 1500-1600 in rapid and blitz, 1700 in ultrabullet and 2300-2400 in puzzles. You can improve drastically if you’re willing to put the time and effort but frankly and obviously, we will NEVER be as good as someone who started playing it when they were like 5. That’s just how it is.
Thank you for combination of hopepill and realitypill

It’s therapeutic and comforting in the sense that it’s predictable. It feels safe owing to the fact that you can actually foresee the future in it, and so long as you’ve done a good job, good results are guaranteed. Both sides have an even chance and all starting points are equal. You can learn to be on your own ground inasmuch as you’ve sacrificed time practicing it. It’s adaptable, flexible, and most importantly, brutal. The learning curve is immensely steep and it’s complexly relentless on paper forwhy if you make the smallest of mistakes that end up costing you the game, you have NO ONE but yourself to blame. That notion is tranquillizing barring the fact that it’s YOUR fault if you are a failure. What’s the most beautiful thing about it is that, in the end, it’s all trivial. It’s the minor nuances that make it special, and it’s that obsessing over the little things that don’t matter that helps you escape from the real world. You do so much for so little and so few that it’s almost poetic.

Now, unless you’re cognitively biased, you can absolutely not say the same about life. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.

Life is unpredictable, visceral, and inconclusive. There is nothing guaranteed in life. Good results not always stem from good deeds or hard work. Luck plays a massive role in your success. The majority of what’s ahead of you has already been determined. You’re free to think that you have it all under control, but in actuality, ANYTHING can and will happen at any moment. Of course, you can see the resemblance, and a lot of it is similar since it’s merely a game of choices with what you already have (i.e., just play your cards bro), but again, the contrast is that nothing is warranted in life, whereas everything you wish to achieve CAN be yielded on the board provided that you aim for it. And maybe that’s the hardest part to accept. To accept that a lot of your misfortunes were never meant to be your fault. Things just happen. Out of the blue. Blundering your queen ten moves in is your fault, sure, being born short, ugly, getting bullied and rejected for it, losing loved ones out of nowhere however, wasn’t. But you keep beating yourself for it to no end or avail. You can’t really blame it on anyone or anything, they just co-exist. The rest is up to you. The rest: not being much.

For the most part, you can deem it an autistic hobby, but since it doesn’t pay shit, there’s a reason why a lot of those who were psychotic enough to pursue it professionally all in an attempt to escape and cope were trucel-looking “losers” by society’s standards.

I’ve played a lot of videogames, and I think I can easily say that I feel the safest when I’m on this one. It feels even more safe and relaxing than Stardew Valley for example. It’s extremely calming to me. It’s not immersive, and maybe it’s just cause I really like puzzle games since it technically counts as one, but once you get into it and it starts to click, you would not find anything else like it.
high iq

Thank you for combination of hopepill and realitypill
:feelsYall:

Put your focus on puzzles and watch A LOT of YouTubers. I’m not really good at the game but I’m at a stage where I feel proud for it and can confidently admit that I’ve hit my maximum level. Maybe I can get higher if I get serious about it, but for the most part, this is it.

Nigga I also play chess but I’m pretty shit at it lol.

If you play chess on chess.com, DM me your chess.com usERname, so I can add you and we can play chess togethER like good truecel buddies

But like life, computers are completely able to human problem by mogging human cognition brutally. Hopefully AI achieves sentience and somebody gives it a body soon, so it can erradicate us for doing so, and you can either have your next life as a low processing power incel robot or a zen 2 threadripper Chad robot. Imagine that for a second. I can't think of what fucking would be to robots, maybe exchanging source code and incel bot source code is crappy inefficient, unoptimized, and single-threaded.

Nigga I also play chess but I’m pretty shit at it lol.
What’s your rating?

If you play chess on chess.com, DM me your chess.com usERname, so I can add you and we can play chess togethER like good truecel buddies
I’ll consider it, thanks for the offer.

But like life, computers are completely able to human problem by mogging human cognition brutally.
Unless you’re playing against a cheater, it’s just PvP, you’re not supposed to play with a computer. Most chess analyses (chessbase, stockfish, etc.) are tools providing the players the best moves in hopes of helping them to improve only after the game for example. The human mind can never compete and it’s not meant to compete.

Hopefully AI achieves sentience and somebody gives it a body soon, so it can erradicate us for doing so, and you can either have your next life as a low processing power incel robot or a zen 2 threadripper Chad robot.
Over.

The human mind can never compete and it’s not meant to compete.
Story of my life. Why the FUCK is everything a competition? Normies are just eternally locked in this race for status, money, looks, all for what? Seriously? So some vapid whores can see you as a sexual being and where to place their genetics so the cycle can continue, make some future incels go through a struggle we know. I wish my family would get off my back. "Oh, son, why aren't you trying for a better career, so and so is doing blah blah blah", SHUT UP, BOOMER. Grrr. Hopefully you can relate, brocel.
I'm in a proper raging mood tonight, and it's only the start of the week.

not me I like sudoku

Help me, I only know the moves but no strategy, how do I learn basic strategy?

Why the FUCK is everything a competition? Normies are just eternally locked in this race for status, money, looks, all for what?
So some vapid whores can see you as a sexual being and where to place their genetics so the cycle can continue, make some future incels go through a struggle we know.
I think you explained it yourself. It’s genetic dominance. Sexual dimorphism. Natural selection. Born to compete. It’s the fundamental motive of the human functioning to constantly fight for survival I guess. The survival part being the ability to establish a family and propagate your genetics in our cycle. If you can’t achieve it, it’s over.

Hopefully you can relate, brocel.
I'm in a proper raging mood tonight, and it's only the start of the week.
Brutal man.

Great cope
That's why vidya is such a nice cope, it all makes sense now
Tbh it’s calming because unlike your life going downhill, it’s controllable. It’s consoling for us in a way that’s similar to let’s say soulsborne players. Since those games are also hard and unforgiving, they give a meaning to your life. They make it more difficult, but they also simultaneously enhance the quality of it by giving you a reason, as empty and hollow as it may be (hence a lot of people claim Dark Souls saved them from depression, etc.), and chess is no different. It’s hard, but just, and if it was easy, then everyone would be playing it. It’s stupid and aimless for the most part, but a lot of beauty can be found within the just stupid and aimless. I’d argue that the more meaningless your life, the likelier the possibility of you finding a sense of solace in chess but I’m probably just being schizo if not opinionated here jfl.

Help me, I only know the moves but no strategy, how do I learn basic strategy?
Have you tried getting a personality instead, sweetie? Yikes! Nobody owes you anything. You’re not entitled to learning how to preemptively strategize your games.

Ultimately though like all other sports and pursuits its still genetic, there are almost no black chess grandmasters for a reason

Ultimately though like all other sports and pursuits its still genetic, there are almost no black chess grandmasters for a reason
I think it’s mostly a cultural thing. Yes, like everything else, genetics play the most important role, but it we’re gonna go about it like this then it should be noted that an overwhelming amount of Indians and non-whites are also really good at chess and it’s mainly due to how it’s an appropriate hobby for most of them. We don’t have less black grandmasters just because of the IQ levels between races, it’s just not a popular thing to them. The game ITSELF is fair, the rest is up to you.

I think it’s mostly a cultural thing. Yes, like everything else, genetics play the most important role, but it we’re gonna go about it like this then it should be noted that an overwhelming amount of Indians and non-whites are also really good at chess and it’s mainly due to how it’s an appropriate hobby for most of them. We don’t have less black grandmasters just because of the IQ levels between races, it’s just not a popular thing to them. The game ITSELF is fair, the rest is up to you.
Yeah good point about the cultural thing, want me to dm you to do an anonymous match?

Yeah good point about the cultural thing, want me to dm you to do an anonymous match?
What’s your rating? Think I’ll pass on the DMs for now. All evil comes from Discord and DMs. :feelsthink:

I’ll tag you with an invite down in the sewers once I get some free time.

What’s your rating? Think I’ll pass on the DMs for now. All evil comes from Discord and DMs. :feelsthink:

I’ll tag you with an invite down in the sewers once I get some free time.
I have hit 1600 on one account before I think I will usually hover around 1300 elo though.
I was not going to dm on discord just on here, feel free to tag me.

I have hit 1600 on one account before I think I will usually hover around 1300 elo though.
If you want some high quality gameplays of someone with the same rating as us, look no further than Northernlion’s chess videos. They were what got me into the game in the first place. :feelscomfy:

feel free to tag me.
Will do. Thanks for the offer. :feelsYall:

If you want some high quality gameplays of someone with the same rating as us, look no further than Northernlion’s chess videos.
I watched 10 minutes of a gothamchess/northernlion video and it was nice to see since most chess content is either complete noob level or complete god level with magnus or hikaru so something in between was good to see for once.

I watched 10 minutes of a gothamchess/northernlion video and it was nice to see since most chess content is either complete noob level or complete god level with magnus or hikaru so something in between was good to see for once.
Precisely. I mean, you shouldn’t shy away from those videos but the NL ones are perfect suits for us. :feelscomfy:

but now there is a flood of p2w games designed to be unbalanced

normies can't stand fairness
It's rather that this tends to be profitable, so developers/publishers sell out. I'm not sure if normies gravitate towards those games, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Chess used to be great. It has been getting invaded by normies in recent years.

This is the kind of normie cringe you get on chess youtube/social media these days:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAVNZgTFNuw

I’d gone over this already.

Don’t watch those videos.

Games in general are designed to be fair - that's why they tend to be more appealing to people to whom life isn't fair, which is us.
there's a lot of games with RNG that are seen as unfair, I actually love those, lots of possible RNG in hearthstone

you end up designing your decks to deal with RNG though so in a say, predicting how RNG might go and affect your games is part of the strategy too

unfortunately I have a brain like pudding so chess is not an option for me

there's a lot of games with RNG that are seen as unfair, I actually love those, lots of possible RNG in hearthstone

you end up designing your decks to deal with RNG though so in a say, predicting how RNG might go and affect your games is part of the strategy too
Yeah, RNG in games is usually there only to engage your improvisation skills and add some variety to the experience. In real life, the RNG is basically "you're fucked for life, congrats". Even in games where RNG can be game-breaking, you have unlimited attempts.

Yeah, RNG in games is usually there only to engage your improvisation skills and add some variety to the experience. In real life, the RNG is basically "you're fucked for life, congrats". Even in games where RNG can be game-breaking, you have unlimited attempts.

I still haven't regretted spending 1600 dust to craft this

Didn't read it all but as a life long player and lover of chess, I would agree with you that it is both fair and likewise cultivates in the expert player the sorts of Machiavellian and strategic thinking skills that are helpful to advancing oneself in a world which is otherwise heavily prejudiced against incel type men. I personally believe that anyone who can think two or three moves ahead of his opponent in chess can apply this sort of mental arithmetic in other venues in life such as when sitting for an interview (thinking three moves ahead of the person asking the questions) or even driving in traffic (thinking three moves ahead of what the car immediately in front of you might be doing).

I like go much more :feelscomfy:

I was doing pretty good in a match yesterday but had to stop halfway

it helps keep my brain at peak performance

Also in chess WHITE starts first, then black. Another racepill there

Chess is great but your ability still depends on your genetics.

Read every word and I agree, I am stuck at 500 in chess .com I will probably start studying how to surpass it , what is your classification online?