Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill Childhood bullying can cause social anxiety, depression, and has the potential to ruin your life

• Thread starter Deleted member 8353
  • Start date
Deleted member 8353

Deleted member 8353

Former Hikikomori, Aimless Pleasure Seeker
-
The experience of childhood bullying was strongly related to high levels of comorbid anxiety, both in terms of greater levels of state anxiety and a higher prevalence of both social phobia and agoraphobia. Independent of other childhood risk factors, exposure to bullying was especially predictive of subjects' higher levels of general state anxiety and the tendency to express anxious arousal externally when under stress.
Consistent with this hypothesis, a relationship between reported history of teasing and diagnosis was found. A significantly greater percentage of participants in the social phobia group (92%) reported a history of severe teasing experiences compared with the obsessive compulsive disorder (50%) and panic disorder (35%) groups. History of teasing experiences was also significantly related to an earlier age of onset for all 3 anxiety disorders, and to a greater number of self-reported additional problems in childhood.
Childhood teasing has been broadly associated with distress and later depression, anxiety, loneliness, and fear of negative evaluation (Storch, Bravata, Storch, & Johnson 2003). The experience of teasing has also been related to higher levels of social anxiety (Craig, 1998) and lower levels of social competence and global self-worth compared to children who have not experienced childhood teasing (Callaghan & Joseph, 1995). This suggests that children may internalize peer criticism (Storch et al., 2003), leading to maladaptive patterns of thinking typical of AVPD (e.g., belief of inadequacy).

Above are just a few of the countless studies(I had to restrain myself from posting more as to keep this relevant) done on how being bullied as a child can cause you to suffer from mental illness as an adult, with perhaps the worst result (for men) being the development of various types of anxiety, particularly social anxiety. Meaning that not only did bullying ruin your childhood and/or adolescence, it might've also ruined your adult life as well.

I think most people, especially women, struggle to understand just how much being pathologically inhibited can absolutely destroy a man's capacity to socialize. If you have social anxiety as a sub 4 man, your life is basically over. Obviously being below average means that you're already going to have a great deal of difficulty with romantic success in the modern west, and more or less eliminates any notion of meeting women online from the equation. But having extreme social anxiety on top of it means that the hope placed in any other manner of trying to find a partner is pretty much gone as well. Even if you muster the courage to approach, involuntary signs of fear or discomfort, both in your facial expression and displayed elsewhere on the body(e.g. trembling hands) will put off women immediately, even those who might've otherwise overlooked your ugliness and given you a chance.

The low self esteem developed over years of repeated bullying likely caused you to isolate yourself, meaning that you have no social circle from which you can meet new people, and that the years of isolation have made it far more difficult for you to even make friends. This is due to a combination of lacking social skills, your very knowledge that they're lacking, and your age sabotaging you since most in your age group have had the same social circles since highschool/college. When you try to insert yourself, you'll be viewed as weird, and it very well might be that you are, as you have very little experience with social encounters, it ultimately becomes a catch 22. All the while your childhood bullies have been accepted and validated countless times as you're rotting.

Also, While I mention men specifically, I don't mean to imply that women can't suffer from similar problems. However the difference lies in how much their lives are impacted. A short look at any forum or subreddit for social anxiety and similar issues will reveal that most of them have friends, boyfriends, and they even go out of their way to mention this(while being showered with support from random people). This is a big part of the reason why some men have difficulty in expressing their issues within these particular online spaces, as they feel like their situation isn't being understood, and possibly feel as if they're being mocked(even though the women in question almost always have no intention of hurting these men in this way).

Although not entirely related to my main point, bullying can also fuck with your brain chemistry, limit your capacity to achieve professional success, and potentially shorten your life.
Involvement in any role in bullying was predictive of compromised adult health, wealth, risky/illegal behavior and social relationships. Once adjusted for family hardship and childhood psychiatric disorders, victims and bully-victims continued to be impaired in health, wealth and social relationships in adulthood.
There are a variety of potential routes by which being victimized may affect later life outcomes. Being bullied may alter physiological responses to stress (Ouellet-Morin, Danese et al. 2011), interact with a genetic vulnerability such as variation in the serotonin transporter (5-HTT) gene (Sugden, Arseneault et al. 2010), affect telomere length or the epigenome (Shalev, Moffitt et al. 2012), by changing cognitive responses to threatening situations (Mezulis, Abramson et al. 2004) or by affecting school performance.
Altered HPA-axis activity and altered cortisol responses may not only increase the risk for developing mental health problems (Harkness, Stewart et al. 2011) but increase susceptibility to illness by interfering with immune responses (Segerstrom and Miller 2004). Both altered stress responses and altered social cognition (e.g. being hypervigilant to hostile cues (van Dam, van der Ven et al. 2012)) and neuro-circuitry (Teicher, Samson et al. 2010) related to bullying exposure may affect social relationships with parents, friends and co-workers.
Finally, victimization, in particular of bully-victims, has been found to be associated with poor concurrent academic achievement (Nakamoto and Schwartz 2010). However, for victims this association is usually weak. Indeed we found no increased risk of failure to complete high school or college for victims but increased overall financial and educational problems for chronic victims. Similarly, bully-victims were at higher risk for school failure and poor job performance. This is in contrast to a previous report that, however, did not distinguish between victims and bully-victims but looked at them together as victims (Brown and Taylor 2008).

Last edited:
Not having PIV sex in middle/high school is much worse, bullying pales in comparison, if you dont have sex in high school you will pretty much suffer irreversible brain damage by the time you graduate

Id take being beaten or teased if I could have sex because who cares about any of that crap if youre getting laid

Great thread but also brutal...
Bullying needs to be illegal ASAP.
Not having PIV sex in middle/high school is much worse, bullying pales in comparison, if you dont have sex in high school you will pretty much suffer irreversible brain damage by the time you graduate

Id take being beaten or teased if I could have sex because who cares about any of that crap if youre getting laid
Glad to see you back friend :)

Water is actually, genuinely wet ngl

Nice thread though. We're the true victims.

Kinda goes hand in hand tbh.

Above are just a few of the countless studies(I had to restrain myself from posting more as to keep this relevant) done on how being bullied as a child can cause you to suffer from mental illness as an adult, with perhaps the worst result (for men) being the development of various types of anxiety, particularly social anxiety. Meaning that not only did bullying ruin your childhood and/or adolescence, it might've also ruined your adult life as well.

I think most people, especially women, struggle to understand just how much being pathologically inhibited can absolutely destroy a man's capacity to socialize. If you have social anxiety as a sub 4 man, your life is basically over. Obviously being below average means that you're already going to have a great deal of difficulty with romantic success in the modern west, and more or less eliminates any notion of meeting women online from the equation. But having extreme social anxiety on top of it means that the hope placed in any other manner of trying to find a partner is pretty much gone as well. Even if you muster the courage to approach, involuntary signs of fear or discomfort, both in your facial expression and displayed elsewhere on the body(e.g. trembling hands) will put off women immediately, even those who might've otherwise overlooked your ugliness and given you a chance.

The low self esteem developed over years of repeated bullying likely caused you to isolate yourself, meaning that you have no social circle from which you can meet new people, and that the years of isolation have made it far more difficult for you to even make friends. This is due to a combination of lacking social skills, your very knowledge that they're lacking, and your age sabotaging you since most in your age group have had the same social circles since highschool/college. When you try to insert yourself, you'll be viewed as weird, and it very well might be that you are, as you have very little experience with social encounters, it ultimately becomes a catch 22. All the while your childhood bullies have been accepted and validated countless times as you're rotting.

Also, While I mention men specifically, I don't mean to imply that women can't suffer from similar problems. However the difference lies in how much their lives are impacted. A short look at any forum or subreddit for social anxiety and similar issues will reveal that most of them have friends, boyfriends, and they even go out of their way to mention this(while being showered with support from random people). This is a big part of the reason why some men have difficulty in expressing their issues within these particular online spaces, as they feel like their situation isn't being understood, and possibly feel as if they're being mocked(even though the women in question almost always have no intention of hurting these men in this way).

Although not entirely related to my main point, bullying can also fuck with your brain chemistry, limit your capacity to achieve professional success, and potentially shorten your life.

We knew this, people just choose to ignore it

We knew this, people just choose to ignore it
Or they virtue signal, and do other shit which doesn't really solve the problem. The fact that I'd have been treated with a lot more concern by society if I were a foid or a tranny certainly isn't lost on me. Bulled as a gay or tranny? National news attention. Bullied as a straight male? Entirely ignored and told to kill yourself by teachers.

I was bullied and I turned out to be completely fine

Sike, I have intense social anxiety and depression and I'm socially inept :lul:

I was bullied and I turned out to be completely fine

Sike, I have intense social anxiety and depression and I'm socially inept :lul:

I was bullied a lot by my brother and cousins. One of them went even as far as to molest me when I was 9-10 years old. That fucked me up good.. now, as you can see by my signature, I've been diagnosed with psychotic depression and severe GAD.

I was bullied a lot by my brother and cousins. One of them went even as far as to molest me when I was 9-10 years old. That fucked me up good.. now, as you can see by my signature, I've been diagnosed with psychotic depression and severe GAD.
I'm sorry bro:feelsbadman:

Just one more bad experience being shared, but I'm sure normies will claim that you think your only problem is a lack of sex.

The thing is, that being bullied most likely decreased your chance of getting laid, a lot more then you might think it did.

Yes I have been bullied mainly by normies and ignored by foids though some foids have said eww to my face

Psychological damage is far worse than physical harm.