Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope Collectors dilemma when you're working full time.

gotet

gotet

Legend
★★★★
I have been working for decades and spent much money on building vast collections of stuff I like.
It is my greatest cope. These last months I have seen a decline in how much money I have been spending on this stuff.

I literally have towers of cardboard boxes at home with unplayed video games, unused cds and vinyl records. Big boxes and shelves with these huge ass marvel omnibuses and manga books. And even more stuff.

Working full time I have a hard time getting to enjoy all this stuff. I have actually bought less things lately because of this. It's my cope for inceldom and all. I know a lot of people would love this problem but I need my cope.

I also have collected silver and gold coins just for the fun of it. Gold is damn expensive though. Hell, i have even invested big sums of money in stocks and funds.

Will i ever have time to play all these game? Listen to all this music? Read all these comics? Watch all these movies? Etc.

Another hobby is prepping. I have built a pantry where I have been stockpiling food so I can last for many months off grid if I wanted to.

I have come to a point now where I have started questioning myself on all this stuff. Why should I buy even more stuff that I don't have time to use and enjoy?

Can anyone relate to this?
How do you think and what do you do?

Another hobby is prepping. I have built a pantry where I have been stockpiling food so I can last for many months off grid if I wanted to.
I prep as well, I have a bunker ready for the inevitable nuclear conflagaration

doubt my life would even change much lol

I have been working for decades and spent much money on building vast collections of stuff I like.
It is my greatest cope. These last months I have seen a decline in how much money I have been spending on this stuff.

I literally have towers of cardboard boxes at home with unplayed video games, unused cds and vinyl records. Big boxes and shelves with these huge ass marvel omnibuses and manga books. And even more stuff.

Working full time I have a hard time getting to enjoy all this stuff. I have actually bought less things lately because of this. It's my cope for inceldom and all. I know a lot of people would love this problem but I need my cope.

I also have collected silver and gold coins just for the fun of it. Gold is damn expensive though. Hell, i have even invested big sums of money in stocks and funds.

Will i ever have time to play all these game? Listen to all this music? Read all these comics? Watch all these movies? Etc.

I have come to a point now where I have started questioning myself on all this stuff. Why should I buy even more stuff that I don't have time to use and enjoy?

Can anyone relate to this?
How do you think and what do you do?
I would suggest you to minimize your hobby on one specific topic.
The problem here is not necessarily your heavy workload, but your far too confusing and accumulated collection of different things.
Reduce it to one thing, such as books or movies.
I, for example, also like being a collector. For me, it's BluRays and Warhammer 40k stuff.
If you have a better overview, it will also be easier to enjoy them.

I would suggest you to minimize your hobby on one specific topic.
The problem here is not necessarily your heavy workload, but your far too confusing and accumulated collection of different things.
Reduce it to one thing, such as books or movies.
I, for example, also like being a collector. For me, it's BluRays and Warhammer 40k stuff.
If you have a better overview, it will also be easier to enjoy them.
Thank you for your great tips. I will really take you up on that. Start to narrow down a little.

Cool to see you are into 40k. I have collected a lot of board game stuff over the years and now I have started to actually paint the miniatures of those games.

I assume you are a miniature painter as well?

It's just throwing money into the firepit if you're not actually enjoying what you buy JFL, mindless consumerism so Bezos can jack off to your money. Never really got collecting anyways, on its own just having things isn't satisfying to me. What's the appeal? :dafuckfeels:

Cool to see you are into 40k. I have collected a lot of board game stuff over the years and now I have started to actually paint the miniatures of those games.

I assume you are a miniature painter as well?
That's really nice but I am not a painter yet. I'm new in the lore and start by reading the novels.
but as soon as I feel ready I will get my first miniatures :feelsstudy::feelscomfy:

It just sounds like that work to consoom trap.

It's just throwing money into the firepit if you're not actually enjoying what you buy JFL, mindless consumerism so Bezos can jack off to your money. Never really got collecting anyways, on its own just having things isn't satisfying to me. What's the appeal? :dafuckfeels:
Guess I'm just born this way. I can't help it andoes I'm so passionate about this stuff. I get your point but I love this cope so much.

I have a lot of money saved already so working gets more pointless if I don't do something with the dough I earn.

That's really nice but I am not a painter yet. I'm new in the lore and start by reading the novels.
but as soon as I feel ready I will get my first miniatures :feelsstudy::feelscomfy:
Painting is really fun and rewarding so I really recommend it. Great cope and the games are more fun to play with your incelbros when they are done.

It just sounds like that work to consoom trap.
Yeah I know. But it's a cope I'm so passionate about.

I have a lot of money saved up already and working gets more pointless unless I don't cope with this stuff.

Maybe work half time for a year and start enjoying?

Prepp well brocel. When society fail for a longer period of time we will be kings.

Let Stacy and Chad starve

I want to become a ghoul like in Fallout when the nukes hit.

Another question. What genre of movies do you collect?

That’s one reason I only collect transformers, you can just keep them on the shelf & enjoy easily. And if you got the time you can do the transformation.

I had to move a few years ago and I had to gave my $1000 statue away when my htn cousin refused to keep it at his place. :feelsree::feelsree:

collecting is one of the most pointless of hobbies, like why do you need to stuff shelves with some anime figurines or knives or guns or watches or postcards... just throwing money away for consooming for nothing.

srs I already eat beans str8 out a can :feelsUnreal: