Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion DID YOU HAVE CHILDHOOD SLEEP APNEA?

• Thread starter RetardedChinlet
  • Start date
RetardedChinlet

RetardedChinlet

S U P R E M E
★★★★
Symptoms:
-You woke up regularly to nightmares and terrors
-Your sleep quality was shit
-Your mouth was dry in the morning
-You hated eating breakfast
-You were misbehaved and easily irriteted during days
-You had poor growth
-You were/are weak
-You mouth breathed regularly
-You struggled at school

I have realized in hindsight that I had SEVERE sleep apnea for literal YEARS as child. This makes it obvious why I ended up going from a normal looking kid into an ugly, scrawny and disgusting adult. My problems were never taken seriously. This is great ER fuel for me.

Seriously tell me. This shit is almost never discussed anywhere but I think many incels might have suffered the same problems.

Additional symptom (or cause): you have a face similar to the lower guy in this graphic.
Effects of mouth breathing

Last edited:
incel trait: childhood neglect
i didn't have this but had/have other shit that fucked me up
can relate to this somewhat because the school district thought it would be a good idea for high school to start at 7am and I took the bus that I had to catch at 5:30am. so I was constantly sleep deprived.
the sleep deprivation probably took 10 years off my lifespan

Last edited:
Yep, this is my main gripe with the "genetic determinism" thinking. At least my experience shows that even a normal genetic baseline can be fucked up by shitty/uninformed parenting.

can relate to this somewhat because the school district thought it would be a good idea for high school to start at 7am and I took the bus that I had to catch at 5:30am. so I was constantly sleep deprived.
Brutal. I am sorry. That is an inhumane schedule to go by for a child.

I woke up pretty much every night and would go to my parents bed and rot with them until about age 8-9 kek. Still woke up almost all the time and could never get back to sleep. Struggled with insomnia, don't ever remember waking up with a dry mouth until recently. I have a broken nose and underbite, I look like a mouth-breather too.

No point in worrying about it. What is done can't be undone, and there's no sequel.

I woke up pretty much every night and would go to my parents bed and rot with them until about age 8-9 kek. Still woke up almost all the time and could never get back to sleep. Struggled with insomnia, don't ever remember waking up with a dry mouth until recently. I have a broken nose and underbite, I look like a mouth-breather too.

No point in worrying about it. What is done can't be undone, and there's no sequel.
Believe it or not but my post inspired me to Google for other threads on this topic and I found your earlier posts. I have exactly the same experience of needing to sleep with my parents at an abnormally old age, probably until 10-11 years. Fucking brutal, bro. I think we both had the apnea.

i didn't have this but had/have other shit that fucked me up
Same where did you live? My school started at 7 too and I was deprived for years

I have sleep apnea, hopefully I can use it to get jaw surgery and ascend. I am pretty much everything on the lower graph except I got braces, being weak is also a trait. That explains it, its so over unless I steroidmaxx :feelsrope:

Same, I was always up at night instead of being in bed

I have sleep apnea, hopefully I can use it to get jaw surgery and ascend. I am pretty much everything on the lower graph except I got braces, being weak is also a trait. That explains it, its so over unless I steroidmaxx :feelsrope:
Damn. Good luck on getting the surgery.
And yeah, this utter lack of muscle no matter what I try to get some is horrifying.
Same, I was always up at night instead of being in bed
That indeed fucks with normal development.

no sleep apnea but i've always had many respiratory allergies.