Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Did your family teach you how to be a functional adult?

• Thread starter AshamedVirgin34
  • Start date
AshamedVirgin34

AshamedVirgin34

Sexlessness survivor
★★★
In my case, absolutely no lol, they don't give a fuck about me, I wish I had another mother, I hate her, she's only useful for annoying me but she never listens to me, she didn't teach me how to cross the fucking street, or how to tie my shoes, she sees me as a pet, not a human or a potential independent man who needs guidance, Jordan Peterson helped me to grow MORE than my mother, a complete stranger helping me more than my own family that supposedly loves me, JFL.

Even ER had a father who kind of gave him advice and cared about him JFL, imagine talking with your parents, now I hate ER just for that, I'm jealous of that priviledged fakecel.

And here I am now, having to adapt to adult life in a world I don't understand, I don't know if I'll be able to be happy in this world :feelsrope::feelsrope:.

I learnt for myself, as with most things

Roblox will change our lives for the better. You may think I'm wrong, but it's the truth. No amount of intelligence or intellectualism that you boast about in this echo-chamber forum will prevent it from taking place by 2030.

My dad thought that I'd learn everything on my own.
My mom thought that by shouting at me 24/24 I'd learn everything.

Result, I'm fucked.

Roblox will change our lives for the better. You may think I'm wrong, but it's the truth. No amount of intelligence or intellectualism that you boast about in this echo-chamber forum will prevent it from taking place by 2030.
Lol I preffer minecraft.

my family is retarded and didn't let me get out of house since they feared that i will turn into some random thug when i was 10 and 11 years old.
i just learnt how to communicate by myself, no one thought me how to do it.

my family is retarded and didn't let me get out of house since they feared that i will turn into some random thug when i was 10 and 11 years old.
i just learnt how to communicate by myself, no one thought me how to do it.
Lol, and then IT insults you telling you that it's your fault you never leave your house. It's always our fault according to those evil bullies.

If being a functioning adult means being a trauma riddled, anxious mess, then they did a good job :feelsokman:

I wish my father killed himself.

what happened? :dafuckfeels:
Long story, brocel.
Corporal punishment that went WAY beyond the "norm", psychological abuse, and gaslighting, to put it shortly. Since I was a kid.

He had a gun and came close to killing himself (Not because of what he did to me and my brother), but didn't.
And to this day, I wish he blew his brains out :feelsjuice:

Long story, brocel.
Corporal punishment that went WAY beyond the "norm", psychological abuse, and gaslighting, to put it shortly. Since I was a kid.

He had a gun and came close to killing himself (Not because of what he did to me and my brother), but didn't.
And to this day, I wish he blew his brains out :feelsjuice:
Brutal

No unfortunately.

However if a man is good looking , even if his family didn't help him develop his social skills he would still fare well due to his halo effect if he's awkward and weird outdoors.
In fact , normies will make sure to shower him with care and positive reinforcement.
Normies love to use the excuse that they too have issues at home. Sure anyone can be unlucky enough to have a mentally ill abusive family.

The reality is that clearly they aren't mistreated consistently outdoors like we do or else they'll won't be able to cope any longer and probably commit suicide.

If an unattractive man comes from a poor family background that is full to the brim with abuse , he won't be getting any comfort outside his family anytime ever.
A looks halo might be the best thing any person can possess. Have you seen that video on YouTube of the HTN Chadlite blonde non-verbal autistic kid that is enjoying the full fruits of a halo? It's ridiculous. Even being insanely blackpilled, it seems impossible to understand the true power of a looks halo.
I was raised by a single mom who of course failed me. She denied me help for my autism because she was obsessed with the idea or delusion of having a normal son, and later my soylent stepdad would run with his power dreams of exerting dominance over a 14yo, and who would habitually gaslight and blame me for anything with the slightest plausibility.
Now after long overdue growing pains, and pains puts it lightly as I came close to just giving up and kiling myself, I can function OK, as long as I protect my mental state and finances, and coping is how I do that.
Looking back now I see both my parents as not great people themselves. They are slaves to their habits and never once self-reflected enough to make a change by themselves or even with intervention.

Sadly not. My parents are barely functional themselves :feelsbadman:
this filthy shitskin cockroach pajeets didn't know anything. Inbred trash!

Same shit here, i neverd learned how to tie my shoes, ride a bike or how things worked in the adult world.

Same shit here, i neverd learned how to tie my shoes, ride a bike or how things worked in the adult world.
THEY FAILED US

They are coldhearted towards me. An ugly beta male dad and a narcissistic alpha mother is the perfect recipe for disaster

In my case, absolutely no lol, they don't give a fuck about me, I wish I had another mother, I hate her, she's only useful for annoying me but she never listens to me, she didn't teach me how to cross the fucking street, or how to tie my shoes, she sees me as a pet, not a human or a potential independent man who needs guidance, Jordan Peterson helped me to grow MORE than my mother, a complete stranger helping me more than my own family that supposedly loves me, JFL.

Even ER had a father who kind of gave him advice and cared about him JFL, imagine talking with your parents, now I hate ER just for that, I'm jealous of that priviledged fakecel.

And here I am now, having to adapt to adult life in a world I don't understand, I don't know if I'll be able to be happy in this world :feelsrope::feelsrope:.
hell nah. I don't know how to cook or how to fix my doors or plumbing or anything really. I wish my parents beat the shit out of me and made me help during contsruction or somethng. I have troubles with basic tools

My dad thought that I'd learn everything on my own.
My mom thought that by shouting at me 24/24 I'd learn everything.

Result, I'm fucked.
Same. It is worse if you are autistic because your attention span forces you to be paying attention to things that aren't boring.

Same. It is worse if you are autistic because your attention span forces you to be paying attention to things that aren't boring.
Yeah :blackpill:

i was dysfunctional as a teenager so there was no point in even trying, plus their advice would be outdated since they are very old

not socially, just how to do different things and look after myself , how to talk to people business wise, how to do maintenance on your car, appliances, etc