Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Do braces fix an overbite?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6501
  • Start date
Deleted member 6501

Deleted member 6501

jbw or jkys
-
I have an appointment with an orthodontist in July for braces at 22 years old jfl. Ive had overlapping of my front 2 teeth and an overbite my whole life but the dentists used to tell my mother that i'd grow out of it but of course i never did :feels:

Will this fix my overbite? Or at least improve my face somehow

bro you will look like fregley from diary of a wimpy kid :feelskek:

Sometimes they make it worse, actually.

They do fix the orthodontist's bank account.

depends on how bad the overbite is. If it's just a few teeth overlaping it can but if it's a overjet i.e your jaw is recessed then you'll need surgery after the teeth are aligned to correct the jaw position.

no, braces are a jewish scam

you only need that shit if you literally can't chew food

no, braces are a jewish scam

you only need that shit if you literally can't chew food

Most preventative dental work is a scam. Just keep things clean.

Maybe you have a tongue thrust. If you don't fix that your teeth are just going to go back to an overtime position.

depends on how bad the overbite is. If it's just a few teeth overlaping it can but if it's a overjet i.e your jaw is recessed then you'll need surgery after the teeth are aligned to correct the jaw position.
Sometimes, they do. Mostly in Class Angle 2 variant 2, class 3 is more likely to require orthognatic surgery if it's not caused by malfunction, bu by overgrowth of mandible.
View attachment classification-of-malocclusion-44-638.webp

Teeth should never be touching your tongue

Search up mewing forums (like "the great work") and ask that same question there lol those niggas over there really became orthodontists by trying to looksmax.

I have an appointment with an orthodontist in July for braces at 22 years old jfl. Ive had overlapping of my front 2 teeth and an overbite my whole life but the dentists used to tell my mother that i'd grow out of it but of course i never did :feels:

I outgrew mine

They have these little rubber band things that they attach to the braces to treat an overbite if necessary

Ngl I opted not to do that when I had braces cus it was uncomfortable and annoying having to replace them multiple times a day so I still have an overbite

I don’t think overbite matters that much though tbh people barely notice it compared to the important parts of that facial area like chin and jaw

what does class 3 look like
Class iii malocclusion

yes? I believe?