Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Do you think love exists?

Does love exist?

• Total voters
ilieknothing

ilieknothing

كاريسل
★★★★★
I don’t think love exists or unconditional love. Parents “love” a child because the child is continuing genes. Foids ”love” certain men due to his height, the whiteness of his skin and the squareness of his mandible, when those factors are gone love is gone. There is no such thing as love.

no-no-no.gif

Love is like god.
Bs.

I hope it exists.

The concept exists idealistically. That much is certainly true. In the real world, however, this is translated as neurochemicals and evolutionary instincts.

Romantic or unconditional love exists in the abstract only.

Realistically it don't. I would like for it to be real though.

Romantic love is a meme. Together with other memes like happiness and justice

It's an insatiable human desire represented as a concept. You cannot get a woman to love you because she only cares about your money/body/looks/charisma. She's biologically and physically unable to love your essence or your soul. Yet you desperately crave it

Same with happiness. You always want more shit, but it will never be enough

Justice. We want good things to happen to good people and vise versa but the world just doesn't abide by our simplistic morals

Familial love though, is very real IMO

Familial love though, is very real IMO
Evolutionary directive to ensure genetic survival. Nothing more, nothing less.

Every kind of love in the real (read: concrete) world is practical in some way. With women, for example, we know that their "love" is strictly utilitarian towards men. With men (towards women they're attracted to), that love is an extremely powerful neurochemical process intended to form close bonds to ensure child-rearing to sexual maturity, and to maximize the probability that the offspring is yours (by having her bond with you and not other males).

Love doesn't exist unless you have looks.

Only between chad and stacy

I don’t think love exists or unconditional love. Parents “love” a child because the child is continuing genes. Foids ”love” certain men due to his height, the whiteness of his skin and the squareness of his mandible, when those factors are gone love is gone. There is no such thing as love.
:yes:

Love exists, however it is not unconditional, though it can be in some extreme cases. Love doesn't exist for subhumans though. No one could ever love an ugly gremlin.
Correct