Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Does anybody else's opinions fluctuate heavily based on mood?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
Not going to go too muc into it right now cause I'm tired, but it's really weird and annoying even to myself how much I fluctuate on everything.

Actually I got a good example. The recent forum survey: there were some questions that I answered and then a while after completing the survey I realized I would've answered differently. Like, just hours before the survey I think I made a post saying how I think I'm autistic or have aspergers or something. In the survey I answered I don't have autism, and I really didn't think at the moment that I have autism, I thought about it and autism isn't really my problem, I have other problems and autism isn't one of them actually. And then a few hours after that I made another comment about how I'm autistic or aspergers, and I fully believed it at the time too, thought about it for a second and yeah I thought that maybe I am autistic after all.

Another example is how I tell myself that his time for sure I won't play game X again and I delete it for good. Next day I realize I crave to play game X again. So I install it, play 5 minutes and realize I really don't like the game and I have no energy or desire to play it, so I delete it "for good this time". Rinse and repeat like 100 times, like I did with League of Legends this summer.

Politically it's the same thing, I can go from genuinely disliking X and then in a few hours I can be all empathetic and feeling sorry for X.

Fuck, idk what this is. Did I rot too much and now have no authentic life experiences so nothing is really cemented, so I go along with the flow and my mood dictates what I think?

Last edited:
I feel the same. I don't have a stable opinion on anything. I don't belong anywhere.
The truth is that we don't have personalitites.

Can relate somewhat.
Somewhat because it doesn't fluctuate "heavily", but there are days that see things more positive than other days.

I feel the same. I don't have a stable opinion on anything. I don't belong anywhere.
The truth is that we don't have personalitites.

That really is the truth, isn't it? I really do feel like I don't have an actual personality. Other than my usual anxious, depressed, quiet self that tends to manifest itself most of the time, when I am actually forced to show who I am then who I am is always somebody different. I can act shy and kind or even act manic and imposing sometimes. It's like I have a personality depending on how I feel at the time.

Too bad my original personality has been knocked out of me long ago. I used to be a happy kid who constantly laughed and made stupid jokes (maybe not all were funny). Now I barely show that side, maybe just with my parents I keep making silly jokes and puns but nowhere near how I used to. Although iirc even as a kid I was really shy and quiet but then I'd be manic and super silly when I warmed up. Fuck, I never had a personality, more like a weird sperg.

Last edited:
Another example is how I tell myself that his time for sure I won't play game X again and I delete it for good. Next day I realize I crave to play game X again. So I install it, play 5 minutes and realize I really don't like the game and I have no energy or desire to play it, so I delete it "for good this time". Rinse and repeat like 100 times, like I did with League of Legends this summer.
This is why I have hundreds of games still installed. Even if I haven't played them in over a year or 2 as I might play them again.

This is why I have hundreds of games still installed. Even if I haven't played them in over a year or 2 as I might play them again.
Haha, I prefer deleting them for some reason, I don't remember when I started being this way but I delete everything asap.

My personality is eclectic and paradoxical and 'psychotically organized' (a term coined by otto kernberg)

I have no solid convcept of self. It is completely fragmented into billions of pieces that are all extreme opposites of the other parts. Schizoid pd is the best description of who I am yet less sane and with less common sense than other zoids. I live in a fantasy world for the most part and the world never made much sense to me as I feel disconnected from the external world and my own thoughts, feelings and inner experience. My personality alternates and morphs into another in matter of seconds with no cohesiveness or red line in them. Sorry for the blog.

My personality is eclectic and paradoxical and 'psychotically organized' (a term coined by otto kernberg)

I have no solid convcept of self. It is completely fragmented into billions of pieces that are all extreme opposites of the other parts. Schizoid pd is the best description of who I am yet less sane and with less common sense than other zoids. I live in a fantasy world for the most part and the world never made much sense to me as I feel disconnected from the external world and my own thoughts, feelings and inner experience. My personality alternates and morphs into another in matter of seconds with no cohesiveness or red line in them. Sorry for the blog.
Interesting, never heard of such a thing. For a while there I thought I might be schizoid too but while some symptoms really fit, others don't really.

BUT, as always, my answers and opinions even on a psychological test vary based on my current mood. Sometimes I might think that a symptom really fits me, other times I think it doesn't. I can never answer in the same way.

Interesting, never heard of such a thing. For a while there I thought I might be schizoid too but while some symptoms really fit, others don't really.

BUT, as always, my answers and opinions even on a psychological test vary based on my current mood. Sometimes I might think that a symptom really fits me, other times I think it doesn't. I can never answer in the same way.
I feel ya. Schizoid etymogically means 'fragmented' [personality].

You might find it interesting to read about psychotic personality organization. It is I think of interest to you.

I feel ya. Schizoid etymogically means 'fragmented' [personality].

You might find it interesting to read about psychotic personality organization. It is I think of interest to you.
Interesting, I looked into it and I seem to be more on the borderline level than the psychotic one tbh. Though I'm fucked up in 50 different ways so idk I could classify myself as only borderline, but I don't have "severely compromised reality testing". Well, for a while there when I was at the rock bottom with my alcoholism, I did get into solipsism and I had a few episodes of derealization/depersonalization, but those were extreme cases and I was under super intense stress. And even then I didn't fully believe in stuff like solipsism, though I guess that as a way of escapism I did try to convince myself of it and other very weird things, never fully managed to immerse myself in them, I was too grounded in reality even back then.

Edit: yeah I looked into it, I am definitely not at the psychotic level. Definitely not. I guess I've got that going for me, which is nice. Doesn't help that I still have like 50 things wrong with me: severe depression for like 12 years, severe anxiety, maybe even agoraphobia, avoidant personality disorder, PTSD possibly etc...

Last edited:
Interesting, I looked into it and I seem to be more on the borderline level than the psychotic one tbh. Though I'm fucked up in 50 different ways so idk I could classify myself as only borderline, but I don't have "severely compromised reality testing". Well, for a while there when I was at the rock bottom with my alcoholism, I did get into solipsism and I had a few episodes of derealization/depersonalization, but those were extreme cases and I was under super intense stress. And even then I didn't fully believe in stuff like solipsism, though I guess that as a way of escapism I did try to convince myself of it and other very weird things, never fully managed to immerse myself in them, I was too grounded in reality even back then.

Edit: yeah I looked into it, I am definitely not at the psychotic level. Definitely not. I guess I've got that going for me, which is nice. Doesn't help that I still have like 50 things wrong with me: severe depression for like 12 years, severe anxiety, maybe even agoraphobia, avoidant personality disorder, PTSD possibly etc...
You give BPD vibes tbh

You give BPD vibes tbh
I considered that too but tbh I have other things wrong with me and as always I can never decide if I do have a symptom or not. But I probably don't have BPD cause 99% of the time I'm dead inside, almost zero feelings. Bored, depressed and anhedonic, apathetic. BPD people have wildly varying and strong emotions.

Ahh I guess I expressed myself the wrong way. I said that my opinions fluctuate according to mood, when my mood is dead inside most of the time. What I meant is that my opinions fluctuate according to ... idk they just fluctuate a lot for no reason.

I considered that too but tbh I have other things wrong with me and as always I can never decide if I do have a symptom or not. But I probably don't have BPD cause 99% of the time I'm dead inside, almost zero feelings. Bored, depressed and anhedonic, apathetic. BPD people have wildly varying and strong emotions.

Ahh I guess I expressed myself the wrong way. I said that my opinions fluctuate according to mood, when my mood is dead inside most of the time. What I meant is that my opinions fluctuate according to ... idk they just fluctuate a lot for no reason.
Nothing wrong with fluctuating opinions. Consisistency is for faggots anyway who cant understand the world is more complex than their normie word games.

Look up Quantum Entanglement and Schrödingers Cat. Reality is beyond humam words and 'logic'. Reality is not faggot debate team nerd battles

Nothing wrong with fluctuating opinions. Consisistency is for faggots anyway who cant understand the world is more complex than their normie word games.

Look up Quantum Entanglement and Schrödingers Cat. Reality is beyond humam words and 'logic'. Reality is not faggot debate team nerd battles
Unfortunately, such concepts tend to be misunderstood by those with a tenuous grasp on physics/science, they misinterpret them and use it to further their flawed worldview. Not saying that that's what you're doing, but I've noticed a lot of people tend to do that.

Another @anon1822 thread and I can relate ofc.

Can relate a bit, my opinions change time to time too.

Unfortunately, such concepts tend to be misunderstood by those with a tenuous grasp on physics/science, they misinterpret them and use it to further their flawed worldview. Not saying that that's what you're doing, but I've noticed a lot of people tend to do that.
Im way too brainlet to even follow what the science is about. The only thing I take out of such matters is that reality does not need to abide by the limits of our logic. Thats all Im trying to convey. Like that just because you hold opinions that are logically in defiance with each other doesnt mean youre wrong or that one of them is wrong.

And this is why I always say you aren't your body nor the mind you just react.

im the most low-energy bipolar dude you'll ever meet

Just tell them what they want to hear and get the bigbuxx bro!

Yes. When I’m very angry I no longer want to be nice or work on self improvement.

Yes. When I’m very angry I no longer want to be nice or work on self improvement.
It feels cucked tbh
It's like following the advice of dumbshits lecturing you about "how about you work on yourself first before blaming the world! :soy:"