Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Does anyone always get nightmares?

Sadist

Sadist

Overlord
★★★★★
I can't sleep or I get fucking nightmares or really disturbing realistic dreams. I have to stay up really late or tire myself out so I can just blackout and not dream. When I'm too tired I just don't dream. Anyways I'm not scared of dumb shit or anything anymore, like horror movies or demons. I just usually have dreams of being back in high school and they always feel so real or I have disturbing dreams of people getting mutilated.

Do any of you guys have super realistic dreams or nightmares all the time? And if so what are they about?

I can't sleep or I get fucking nightmares or really disturbing realistic dreams. I have to stay up really late or tire myself out so I can just blackout and not dream. When I'm too tired I just don't dream. Anyways I'm not scared of dumb shit or anything anymore, like horror movies or demons. I just usually have dreams of being back in high school and they always feel so real or I have disturbing dreams of people getting mutilated.

Do any of you guys have super realistic dreams or nightmares all the time? And if so what are they about?

IDK maybe you tone it down a bit with the material featuring "satanic imagery", its likely to stimulate such thoughts, especailly the "dreams of people getting mutilated" part, I haven't watch a horror movie in years, I haven't had a nightmare in a decade and then some.

i dont dream but im living a nightmare

2 days ago every time i nodded off to sleep i got sleep paralysis and had freaky real nightmares. it had to have happened about 20 times because i went to sleep at 4 and at 8:30 i was still awake.

legit im not even scared of it anymore its just inconvenient

Havent had one since 6th grade. They made us watch a documentary about tornadoes and it scared the shiiiiiit out of me.

Tmp 22133 maxresdefault8103610531

IDK maybe you tone it down a bit with the material featuring "satanic imagery", its likely to stimulate such thoughts, especailly the "dreams of people getting mutilated" part, I haven't watch a horror movie in years, I haven't had a nightmare in a decade and then some.
This. Gory violent imagery is no good 4 u

Tmp 22133 quote when you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you friedrich nietzsche

Chronic nightmare's and occasional hallucinations.
Im begining to believe that social isolation has led to more serious mental health issues.

I had a nightmare where I got raped by a demon once. I haven't had any other memorable nightmares though.

This. Gory violent imagery is no good 4 u

View attachment 7195

I'm not so sure; I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare, as I barely remember my dreams at all. The worst dream I ever had was at 13 concerning a hole I had a crush on (remember those?). She liked me pretty well in my dream, but it was not at all worth the boundless emptiness that washed over me as I passed back into the realm of consciousness. Anyway, I had a period of listening to this album while falling asleep and it never threw me off:

I'm not so sure; I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare, as I barely remember my dreams at all. The worst dream I ever had was at 13 concerning a hole I had a crush on (remember those?). She liked me pretty well in my dream, but it was not at all worth the boundless emptiness that washed over me as I passed back into the realm of consciousness. Anyway, I had a period of listening to this album while falling asleep and it never threw me off:

Spooky. You got desensitized to it.

Spooky. You got desensitized to it.

Indeed. I was a bit disappointed at never having striking, memorable dreams, so I made an attempt to inject some color into them. Didn't work.

Indeed. I was a bit disappointed at never having striking, memorable dreams, so I made an attempt to inject some color into them. Didn't work.
It's tricky to get dreams you want. I think you have to experience something novel. If I go to Six Flags and spend all day there, I'll dream about it. Gotta go into new territory of scary to get nightmares maybe.

I have hypnagogic hallucinations but i smoke a lot of weed so i dont have to many dreams

Yeah, I do. Woke up extra early from one.

Haven't had nightmares in a long time. Worst thing I ever experienced was an episode of sleep paralysis though. Woke up at like 2 a.m. and couldn't move and saw some demon like figure floating in front of me. Disappeared after a few seconds. Just a form of hallucination but scary af.

I once became so scared to sleep due to sleep paralyzis, i got that shit 5 nights in a row.

Haven't had nightmares in a long time. Worst thing I ever experienced was an episode of sleep paralysis though. Woke up at like 2 a.m. and couldn't move and saw some demon like figure floating in front of me. Disappeared after a few seconds. Just a form of hallucination but scary af.
Happened to me, i saw a figure crawling towards me once, also my dad strangling me.

Fuark that sounds fucked
Mine wasn't even that bad and it still scarred me
Saw a tree once, in my room so i got freaked the fuck out and one time, i woke up in a completely different room accompanied by loud screaming that hurts your ears but is all in your head, thing's called exploding head syndrome.
A cocktail of terror.

I used to have recurring high school dreams too where I failed the last year several times over and am still too dumb to graduate. this didn't happen in my past though and I was good at maths etc but I suffered from bullying etc.

Nope, I haven’t had any bad dreams since I was a child.

I feel it could be the content I watch honestly cause I frequent gore sites but the thing is those dreams aren't nightmare fuel if that makes sense. They are more like unsettling during the dream but when I wake up I just go back to sleep unphased. Also I have watched gore videos since late middle school and it never bothered me then or my sleep so kind of weird this is happening to me in Uni. The dreams that scare me the most are high school dreams. They feel so real and when I wake up its either a sense of relieve or longing (if I dream about getting with the otitis I had during those years)

Last edited:
I feel that I have been desentisized as well to most gory stuff or disturbing stuff cause it never bothered me in my past. I have been watching gore vids since late middle school. But it just has been recently in uni that I get these dreams. Its honestly a surprise I don't make noises or wake up screaming and piss my roommates off during my sleep.

I used to have recurring high school dreams too where I failed the last year several times over and am still too dumb to graduate. this didn't happen in my past though and I was good at maths etc but I suffered from bullying etc.
Seriously this high school just haunts me

no i have dreams I'm about to bang Stacy and impregnate her, but then I wake up...

And I punch my mattress really hard.

I rarely get nightmares, and when I do they're mild.

I don't know if nightmares is the correct word but it's always a bad dream of some form or the other. I sometimes have dreams where I wake up scared as fuck but normally it's just weird creepy shit. Oftentimes it's so bizarre that when I wake up I can't even make sense of anything that happened. The setting is usually the weirdest thing cause it's always unfamiliar and take place at night or in a cloudy dark day. I cannot remember the last time where I dreamed about being outside on a bright sunny day nor can I remember the last pleasant dream.

Haven't had any dreams in 3 years due to sleep apnea. I welcome dreams (even the bad) because it means I am sleeping properly.

I experience a living nightmare right now.My eyes are dry,I have to listen to Normie conversations amd it's 7:30am.