Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel Does the RPG genre in videogames even have meaning anymore for the zoomer fucks and normies? (warning: schizorant)

Celius

Celius

-
Horizon: Forbidden West is an action role-playing game.

No the fuck it’s not, shut the fuck up. :feelskek:

That fucking slop ain’t even an empty shell of an RPG, it’s far more shallow than that. You go back and play VTM Bloodlines and Morrowind long before the average modern “gamer” was even born and your typical cookie-cutter wokefested triple vaccinated sanitized Californian video“““game””” doesn’t hold A SINGLE CANDLE to what was once identified as a proper role-playing game. Actually, I highly doubt if these fucking disoriented people are even cognitively capable of playing those older titles without suffering severe brain damage from just glancing at all the menus.

Everything and every (sub)genre in modern games is downplayed and blatantly oversaturated and desensitized. The RPGness in RPGs is basically “okay, here’s a character creation in addition of a leveling system held behind a perk wall, oh and here’s a compass instead of a map, we’re an RPG” like, fuck off. Dark Souls ain’t no RPG, Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey balls ain’t no RPG, The Witcher 3 ESPECIALLY ain’t no fucking RPG. You wanna know what’s an RPG? Sucking my brown incel dick, now THAT is top role-playing.

So fucking annoying dude. Why the FUCK did games have to go from being a nerd incel escapism hobby that didn’t take themselves seriously and women thankfully despised to such a dystopia of modernism where everything is simplified as much as humanly possible just so it can be catered and pandered to the Marvel loving Reddit soycucks to jerk off with? :feelsugh:

It’s so over. It’s just so fucking over.

jungle/DnB is not breakcore
glitchcore is not hyperpop

What is wrong with The Witcher 3?

RPG is a spectrum. Thread invalidated.

I agree that horizon zero shits is def not an rpg tho

I agree but nobody plays Dark Souls because it's an RPG, retard normies just call it that because there's knights.

Video games have long been dead. What's why I play retro games. Although I'd argue it was the Japanese who first started to completely misunderstand what an RPG is with their JRPGS.

What is wrong with The Witcher 3?
Don’t get me started, I’ve already dedicated an entire thread to that.

RPG is a spectrum.
Cope. Western RPG = role playing game where the world feels alive and responsive in the way that there are certain set of rules that I, as the player, have to obey hence there’s always a solid thieving system implemented for example. In view of that, I’d like to have the ABILITY to interact with NPCs in any way I want. When I was playing Zero Dawn, I couldn’t even fucking hit any of the NPCs. Compare that to how New Vegas allowed you to just straight up kill every essentials and STILL be able to fully finish the game and you’ll see why the industry is in the shitter.

go try underrail
It’s on GOG so I’ll give it a shot. Thanks. :feelsokman:

nothing, its a great action-adventure
Not even that, it’s a slop. Shit gameplay, shit characters, boring brain dead NPCs, AWFUL combat, like legit fucking Skyrim has better combat than that. Everything in that game is bland and hideous, just like its targeted audience.

Cope. Western RPG = role playing game where the world feels alive and responsive in the way that there are certain set of rules that I, as the player, have to obey hence there’s always a solid thieving system implemented for example. In view of that, I’d like to have the ABILITY to interact with NPCs in any way I want. When I was playing Zero Dawn, I couldn’t even fucking hit any of the NPCs. Compare that to how New Vegas allowed you to just straight up kill every essentials and STILL be able to fully finish the game and you’ll see why the industry is in the shitter.

It’s on GOG so I’ll give it a shot. Thanks. :feelsokman:
Idk i recall some older RPGs made important quest characters essential so if you attacked them you'd just die and I guess morrowind went with some handholding in the form of the warning "With this character's death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created." so can't shit on all games for not working like new vegas I'd argue that was the exception rather than the norm back then.

also if you want some other difficult older rpgs go try gothic 1 and gothic 2 which are probably some of the best and most underrated of very early 2000s rpgs

Cope. Western RPG = role playing game where the world feels alive and responsive in the way that there are certain set of rules that I, as the player, have to obey hence there’s always a solid thieving system implemented for example. In view of that, I’d like to have the ABILITY to interact with NPCs in any way I want. When I was playing Zero Dawn, I couldn’t even fucking hit any of the NPCs. Compare that to how New Vegas allowed you to just straight up kill every essentials and STILL be able to fully finish the game and you’ll see why the industry is in the shitter
Theres plenty of games that meet your criteria. You know that Balding Gape 3 just came out, right?

Also its extremely autistic to require that every rpg follow the same ruleset. Sounds like you just want to play open world bethesda/obsidian rpgs

Played normie sports games growing up switched to New Vegas/Elder scrolls later on.

Madden 04 franchise mode put you in God mode and you could play NCAA make your own school, design your own stadium, personally recruit your team as all white players (jfl) and genuinely have fun with ticket prices, budget all this.

Modern franchise literally took all this away and every other 5 yrs they will add ONE FEATURE that you used to be able to use back in the day, but not the rest and they wonder why no one buys the game anymore. After a while in the 10's it became a game you would buy yearly for an updated roster (if you were a retarded normie)

Movies, vidya games, etc seem to all start dying off after Y2K. (It did happen lol)

Idk i recall some older RPGs made important quest characters essential so if you attacked them you'd just die
Well I mean you don’t HAVE to have the ability but the option being there is what’s important. It’s that sense of freedom that you can play the game however you want, not the way it’s intended.

Theres plenty of games that meet your criteria. You know that Balding Gape 3 just came out, right?
And every dev and their cousin is calling it an anomaly and how they can’t meet those standards. Only in this industry people look at good solid examples of how it can be done and claim that it’s setting the standards too high.

Funny GIF

Also its extremely autistic to require that every rpg follow the same ruleset.
Because that’s what the FUCKING genre is known for. If it’s autistic, then go play something else.

Sounds like you just want to play open world bethesda/obsidian rpgs
None of the things I described were Bethesda exclusive and pretty much all of their games were inspired by the oldschool Ultima series. And those games allowed you to pick everything up, attack everything, etc., just like every other good proper solid RPG. Just like Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Just like Fallout: New Vegas. Just like Divinity: Original Sin 2.

Movies, vidya games, etc seem to all start dying
:reeeeee:

Because that’s what the FUCKING genre is known for. If it’s autistic, then go play something else.
Do you buy games just because they have the word "rpg" in them? Like I said its a spectrum. If it doesnt meet your strict qualifications dont buy it. You cant expect rpg games to all have the same layout you described where theres always stealing, always killable npc quest givers, etc. Theres no law making that a requirement, jfl.

Also, what do you think an "action rpg" is vs an "rpg"? And rpg with superior combat? If it were no one would make a normal rpg. Its literally a different genre you fucking autist

Do you buy games just because they have the word "rpg" in them?
Isn’t that how you get your own games too? A couple days ago you were just deciding between buying two of your precious Simon says jump, Simon says dodge slops and I doubt you’d have been doing that if the genre wasn’t labeled as “Dark Souls clones.”

You cant expect rpg games to all have the same layout you described where theres always stealing, always killable npc quest givers, etc.
Yes, I can. I just did. Those are the prominent quality of an actual RPG. That level of freedom is what what once defined the genre but feel free to go against it and then make an entire thread for how Starfield sucks.

Isn’t that how you get your own games too?
No, if I did my steam library would be a mess of games i never play
Yes, I can. I just did.
Doesnt make your expectations realistic. Nobody shares your opinion on what an rpg has to be, not even on this autistic forum for outcasts

This happened with roguelikes too. Anything where there’s some element of randomization, or where you play in short bursts that end when your character dies, became “roguelikes.”

Last edited:
I dont enjoy modern games, too much politics forced, i had over 1000 hours on older baldurs gate, the new one is just sad trash.

Old games are solid man, i just replayed red faction after not playing for 20 years, had a blast !

This happened with roguelikes too. Anything where there’s some element of randomization, or where you play in short bursts that and when your character dies, became “roguelikes.”
On point, as usual. :feelsYall:
Anything that’s now slightly randomized and or procedurally generated is all of a sudden qualified as roguelike in their book.

I dont enjoy modern games, too much politics forced, i had over 1000 hours on older baldurs gate
Based.