Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Favorite Bioshock levels

Juxtaposition6

Juxtaposition6

Degenerate
-
Mine are Fort Frolic and Olympus Heights, Great atmosphere and plot driving on those.
What about yours?

@nausea

awwwwwwww GOOD

14.jpg

PICASSO, my fav level and character

but I tell you the entire game is masterpiece, truly formidable in all aspects

second comes the mad theatre actor.....

your fav enemy? weaps? combo? and what about your scariest experience?

nausea said:
awwwwwwww GOOD

14.jpg

PICASSO, my fav level and character

but I tell you the entire game is masterpiece, truly formidable in all aspects

second comes the mad theatre actor.....

your fav enemy? weaps? combo? and what about your scariest experience?
Overrated pick but Andrew Ryan, while not technically your enemy, is still a great villain, i really like the shotgun and pistol, always upgrade them first, i also love the cyclone trap wrench combo, great fun blasting enemies into the air and beating them with the wrench, scariest experience would be the jumpscare in the medical bay level, you turn around and a splicer is in your face.

have you played system shock 2?
Bioshock draws alot of inspiration from it and it's a great game i recommend, it is more oriented towards survival horror and is slightly harder though, but i think that's what makes it great in its own way.

Juxtaposition6 said:
the wrench
my fav weap to finish stunted enemies
Juxtaposition6 said:
, scariest experience would be the jumpscare in the medical bay level, you turn around and a splicer is in your face.
for me has been the very start : the "mom lullaby" FUCK it was horrortier
Juxtaposition6 said:
have you played system shock 2?
ah no, but I know this

all in all, the story of rapture is incredibly interesting, the degeneration that took place and destroyed it
also, another gem was that technician's audiodiary and his comments about ryan LOL

a movie DONE WELL shall be made

nausea said:
all in all, the story of rapture is incredibly interesting, the degeneration that took place and destroyed it
also, another gem was that technician's audiodiary and his comments about ryan LOL
I interpret the game as having one of the best and most clever anti-drug allegory, it shows what happens to a once prosperous city when addictive, illicit substances don't get regulated and get promoted by the government as being safe to consume, everybody turns into a drug addict and all hell breaks loose all this for the sake of profit.
Rapture's creator is also its destroyer, his staunch, anarchistic and libertarian principles along with his greed let to the death of rapture as it turned into an anarchistic wasteland.

Juxtaposition6 said:
nausea said:
I interpret the game as having one of the best and most clever anti-drug allegory, it shows what happens to a once prosperous city when addictive, illicit substances don't get regulated and get promoted by the government as being safe to consume, everybody turns into a drug addict and all hell breaks loose all this for the sake of profit.
Rapture's creator is also its destroyer, his staunch, anarchistic and libertarian principles along with his greed let to the death of rapture as it turned into an anarchistic wasteland.
eh interesting

I find its downfall in its very premises instead, remember the introduction ?

Fort Frolic is easily the best level

nausea said:
eh interesting

Yep, the anarcho-capitalist philosophy it was founded on doomed it by having everyone become a drug addict or a splicer by the game's terminology due to lack of regulation of dangerous substances because doing so will cause Ryan to lose profit.
Just like the player, everybody started buying those power ups and injecting themselves with more and more eve, to buy those, they needed adam which was fought over in order to acquire it and keep splicing, jack himself is a splicer albeit with different motives depending on whether the player chooses to save or kill the little sisters after arriving in rapture.
Rapture would have been saved had there been regulations.

So many years since i played the first game, though my favorite from Bioshock infinite is Comstock's house, I loved the design of the Boys of Silence

kodoku said:
So many years since i played the first game, though my favorite from Bioshock infinite is Comstock's house, I loved the design of the Boys of Silence
Played it only once and i didn't like it as much as the first game but it was still a good game, i found the KKK mock-up headquarters pretty interesting.

Juxtaposition6 said:
Played it only once and i didn't like it as much as the first game but it was still a good game, i found the KKK mock-up headquarters pretty interesting.

have you played the dlc?

nausea said:
Great atmosphere that seems a deviation from the game's dark themes and contrast pretty well with it given the level's theme of artistry, you find Sander Cohen there and he's an interesting fellow.

kodoku said:
have you played the dlc?
I never played them.

Juxtaposition6 said:
Great atmosphere that seems a deviation from the game's dark themes and contrast pretty well with it given the level's theme of artistry, you find Sander Cohen there and he's an interesting fellow.

I never played them.

Check it out man, they return to Rapture and revisit the story of Fontaine and some other shit

Juxtaposition6 said:
nausea said:
eh interesting
Yep, the anarcho-capitalist philosophy it was founded on doomed it by having everyone become a drug addict or a splicer by the game's terminology due to lack of regulation of dangerous substances because doing so will cause Ryan to lose profit.
Just like the player, everybody started buying those power ups and injecting themselves with more and more eve, to buy those, they needed adam which was fought over in order to acquire it and keep splicing, jack himself is a splicer albeit with different motives depending on whether the player chooses to save or kill the little sisters after arriving in rapture.
true but I refer to the very project\ideation of rapture : the motto "no god, only man" for example, but also the various premises like , e.g. : why should we being hindered by the incompetence of others?

ryan invited to rapture only the hightier scientists and their families

nausea said:
true but I refer to the very project\ideation of rapture : the motto "no god, only man" for example, but also the various premises like , e.g. : why should we being hindered by the incompetence of others?

Yes but there was poverty to some extent in rapture, his "no gods, no kings, only man" motto serves to accentuate his anarchistic principles, what he meant by "why should we be hindered by the incompetence of others" is his unwillingness and disgust at the though of helping the poor because he believes that the economy should't be regulated and a welfare system should not exist within a free society in his mind, Andrew Ryan is a caricature of an anarcho-capitalist libertarian.

Juxtaposition6 said:
nausea said:
Yes but there was poverty to some extent in rapture, his "no gods, no kings, only man" motto serves to accentuate his anarchistic principles, what he meant by "why should we be hindered by the incompetence of others" is his unwillingness and disgust at the though of helping the poor because he believes that the economy should't be regulated and a welfare system should not exist within a free society in his mind, Andrew Ryan is a caricature of an anarcho-capitalist libertarian.
man, you based eh

thx for this crystalclear explanation

also, do you also speak french?

and did you play bioshock2? I did not

Juxtaposition6 said:

ACTUALLY...

Rapture fell because there was a civil war caused by Ryan implementing regulations in the first place. He restricted trade with the outside world to make Rapture invisible to foreign powers. Of course he couldn't restrict people's demand for the outside world's goods. This way he created criminal smugglers who used violence to achieve their goals. It's basically like prohibition in the US but with worse punishment(publicly crucifying smugglers) and even worse results.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KZ1EKZDySk[/video]

nausea said:
man, you based eh

thx for this crystalclear explanation

also, do you also speak french?

and did you play bioshock2? I did not
Yes i do speak french.

I've played a little bit of Bioshock 2 but found it a little boring and stopped playing it.

overlystinkypants said:
ACTUALLY...

Rapture fell because there was a civil war caused by Ryan implementing regulations in the first place. He restricted trade with the outside world to make Rapture invisible to foreign powers. Of course he couldn't restrict people's demand for the outside world's goods. This way he created criminal smugglers who used violence to achieve their goals. It's basically like prohibition in the US but with worse punishment(publicly crucifying smugglers) and even worse results.
yes it is clear a civil war happened, the foreign power thing is cited by ryan audiodocs iIrc

Juxtaposition6 said:
Yes i do speak french.
any stories from colonialism? I like history

overlystinkypants said:
ACTUALLY...

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KZ1EKZDySk[/video]
But didn't he allow people to splice at their will despite the dangers this would create?
Didn't he refuse to regulate the plasmid market because it will bring about a loss of profit?
This would have created an armada of drugged up people out for blood and thirsty for adam in order to fuel their splicing addiction which would have made things much worse, his regulations of smuggled outside goods did create a hostile environment around rapture but the plasmid addiction and the demand for adam made was the final nail in the coffin for rapture as everyone lost their minds from constant splicing, splicing was even encouraged through deceitful ads telling people that it doesn't have any long term negative effect.

nausea said:
yes it is clear a civil war happened, the foreign power thing is cited by ryan audiodocs iIrc

any stories from colonialism? I like history

Not a fan of history but i'll share some interesting events, look up Sakiet Sidi Youssef and the Bizerte crisis.

Juxtaposition6 said:
But didn't he allow people to splice at their will despite the dangers this would create?
Didn't he refuse to regulate the plasmid market because it will bring about a loss of profit?
the female scientist ...........

Man it's so hard to choose a favorite, i like the orphanage where they bring the little sister's to program. Also Bioshock 2 is really good, maybe not quite as great as 1 but still really good.

nausea said:
never played

You should give it a try if you liked 1, it has all new locations in Rapture. You play a Subject delta, a prototype big daddy seperated from his little sister, it's alot of fun. The dlc is awsome also, one of the best dlc's out there. The base game does have a bit of filler so that may be a draw back but the story and locations help mask it.

Incelibate anarchist said:
nausea said:
never played
You should give it a try if you liked 1, it has all new locations in Rapture. You play a Subject delta, a prototype big daddy seperated from his little sister, it's alot of fun. The dlc is awsome also, one of the best dlc's out there. The base game does have a bit of filler so that may be a draw back but the story and locations help mask it.
yes you are right

please tell me about your avatar

Juxtaposition6 said:
look up Sakiet Sidi Youssef and the Bizerte crisis.
that is where I wanted to go to, ALGERIA

there's an incredible good movie "the battle of algeri"

nausea said:
yes you are right

please tell me about your avatar

He's the angle of death,an SS officer named Josef Mengele. He was one of the most important men at the Auschwitz camp. He would experiment on inmates without law,notable experiments include but are not limited to ,injecting chemicals into peoples eyes to try and turn them blue,stomped on pregnant females to pop the baby out, and even sowed a pair of twins togather. He loved twins and unique people, he tried to find out how to up the odds of a female giving birth to twins. He ended up escaping to south america after the war and living peacefully until to had a stroke while swimming. He was the doctor of the town he lived in,it appears his studies were legit. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/brazil/4307262/Nazi-angel-of-death-Josef-Mengele-created-twin-town-in-Brazil.html&ved=2ahUKEwimrb6Ji4jZAhXE7oMKHeDYDPwQFjAAegQIDRAB&usg=AOvVaw1qdErztwBjGtrDwO7sc_GX
They say he was an elegant man that had a real human side to him,the kids even called him uncle lol. He is a pretty interesting guy to say the least.