Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Foid Worship Explained - Reference for future debates

Having 2D foid avis is at worst minor worship of a non-existent ideal of how foids should be but aren't IRL. Cool arguments but you already lost the debate, so go ahead and complain about it while I keep these anime loli thighs as my avi

Having 2D foid avis is at worst minor worship of a non-existent ideal of how foids should be but aren't IRL. Cool arguments but you already lost the debate, so go ahead and complain about it while I keep these anime loli thighs as my avi
Perfect example of halomaxxing passive-aggressiveness.

Nothing to say really but just taking the opportunity to act nasty. In other words, foid behavior.

Memes. That answers everything, doesn't it? At least when you are too lazy to think, ....
Memes can sometimes - very effectively - communicate and convey what's needed, without the need to construct unnecessary rebuttals.

Extract from the above Wikipedia article:
  • Stimulate inquires for information --> Praise the behavior of inquiring
  • Popularize social cause --> "popularize" = praise the "good people" (e.g. niggers, in that context) and blame the "baddies" ("racists")
  • Change activity habits --> Blame certain activities (like tobacco) and praise other behaviors (Vaping maybe, or nicotine patches)
  • Decrease waste of resources --> blame waste, praise recycling
  • Communicate political viewpoint --> praise one party, denigrate another
  • Improve public attitude --> praise/blame in a non-specific way
  • Remind people to give again. --> praise giving.
Don't you realize what is going on here? People do not "communicate" for neutral reason. There is always a positive or negative slant to it and that is what is called "praise" or "blame"
Who said anything about "neutral?" I never even used the word or implied anything about neutrality. Of course, they have a reason to put in the time, energy, and money to make the damn thing; they're trying to convince an audience to come to the side of the fence they're standing on.

But calling it "praise" or "blame" is not accurate. You're either intentionally misusing the words or attempting to change their meanings.

When you see an ad for a charity to help fight child hunger and cancer are you seriously trying to say that the ad is "blaming" poverty and cancer? Because, JFL, if you do.

In the context of .is foid AVs, either people display foids being punched, which is foid blame, or they display attractive foids, which is foid-praise, i.e. foid worship.
This is just more of the false, "praise/blame" dichotomy.

Grocery products get advertised all the time. And the packages you see on the shelves are yet another form of praise.
This is clearly false. When you buy a bag of milk it just shows the logo and what the type of milk it is (1%, 2% etc.). It doesn't tell how amazing "Tom, Dick and Harry Farms" milk is.

This is why people (me) sometimes use memes. You say the most absurd things that the only sensible reaction to it is to just cage at it.

More specifically, you are confusing two things here. Yes, people will buy things without needing to having the thing praised to them at the moment of buying, but this is not what we were talking about. No one will be able to sell something (in the sense of talking the buyer into buying) if he does not praise that thing. That is the essence of advertising.
"B-b-but..."

Science is trust. Dixit Thomas Kuhn. Scientific revolutions are shifts in trust. The old theory goes bankrupt and the new one becomes widely trusted. No theory is ever "proven", they just get trusted, and then later rejected.
No, they're paradigm shifts in thinking. The new paradigm affects future thought, which then affects future theories and experiments developed. Trust has nothing to do with it. You're creating a false abstraction of how science works and then attacking that abstraction. We've been down this road before, hence the other meme.

Reason and logic are instrument of persuasion (i.e. praise). They never result in knowledge. Making plausible and logical arguments does not hurt. They are just one of the means to get people to trust what you say.
db917b65dc76c5f49aeee9365b8b7ef246059e25a173582da40969fd784b1bce.jpg

This kind of thing is why I can't take you seriously and just do this instead:

ConfusedSoulfulAracari-size_restricted.gif

I do not see the difference. When people try to get validation by being popular on a forum, they are in effect "selling" themselves. They are fishing for praise.
Yes, YOU don't. That's the problem.

You're already starting off from a position of assuming that everyone who uses an anime avi is seeking everyone's validation and are trying to "sell" their user image. This is demonstrably false. If you're trying to argue that users like @happiless are using an anime avi just for that reason, then JFL @ you. There's really nothing more to say on that.

And one more meme ... If you think like a normie, your memes will not be "based". You will just be pushing non-funny memes into people's faces, like normies do.
Not all memes are meant to be funny, but all memes are meant to communicate something.

Last edited:
Having a decent understanding of that history is the only way to make sense when you use the word.
Most people seem to understand either other pretty decently despite not being very well versed in etymology.
Let us talk about that again when you have read a little more of the book, let us say after Chapter 6.
I don't know what else I expected tbh.

Not at all. Are you even following what that fuck face Nice Try says to us? Come on man, go look. He is the Commander in Chief of Ad Hominem on this website !
Sure, he does it too (don't we all sometimes?) but IMHO it's different. Something like
You two are like some homosexual cultists who have sex with dogs instead of women.
has a hyperbolic and comedic undertone, at least in my perception. Yours was just plainly insulting his intelligence. No flair, just a straight gut punch. Besides, it was kinda ironic that you were trying to exalt yourself while fighting fire with fire. All of that is what I meant with my "poor taste" remark.

Not at all. Are you even following what that fuck face Nice Try says to us? Come on man, go look. He is the Commander in Chief of Ad Hominem on this website !
Stop projecting. You are the one who uses ad hominems and other malicious tactics, not me. I'm always straight forward (which I have to be, because my english doesn't allow for complex gibber gabber).
Also: Why are you not tagging me correctly when you are telling lies about me? You are such a dishonest little bitch, it's sad. @Ahnfeltia is correct about you and your poor taste.

You're already starting off from a position of assuming that everyone who uses an anime avi is seeking everyone's validation and are trying to "sell" their user image. This is demonstrably false. If you're trying to argue that users like @happiless are using an anime avi just for that reason, then JFL @ you. There's really nothing more to say on that.
This.
@JayGoptri and @K9Otaku are delusional. They're completely out of touch with reality. In their heads, everyone who has an anime avi is a religious foid worshipper who intentionally tries to gain forum halo and other nonsense, when in reality for 98% of people they're just meaningless internet pictures which are changed regularly anyways. Most avis don't have a meaning at all, it's just what users find aesthetically pleasing at the moment, next week they might already have a different avi.

Most people seem to understand either [each?] other pretty decently despite not being very well versed in etymology.
They do when they talk about simple things. This is the reason why this forum has become such a constant repetition of "water is wet" type threads. In order to go into deeper and more interesting things, you need to have a broader vocabulary and a capacity to use it to express less obvious ideas.

I don't know what else I expected tbh.
What do you mean by this exactly?

What I meant is that if we discuss this now, we will be at an impasse very soon. You will say one thing and I will say another and it will be sterile.

Look at my exchange with @based_meme above, for an example of what a sterile conversation looks like.

@JayGoptri and @K9Otaku are delusional. They're completely out of touch with reality. In their heads, everyone who has an anime avi is a religious foid worshipper who intentionally tries to gain forum halo and other nonsense, when in reality for 98% of people they're just meaningless internet pictures which are changed regularly anyways.
Why did people insist so much on having them back then, if they are "meaningless"?

Most avis don't have a meaning at all, it's just what users find aesthetically pleasing at the moment, next week they might already have a different avi.
Having multiple images of you goddess does not make it any less of a goddess. In Hinduism, they are called avatars, and multiple images of them are displayed ad infinitum in every Hindu temple. Idolatry has always multiplied images.

Who said anything about "neutral?"
If it is not neutral, it is either positive or negative, right? Talking positively about something is praise. Talking negatively about something is blame.

I never even used the word or implied anything about neutrality. Of course, they have a reason to put in the time, energy, and money to make the damn thing; they're trying to convince an audience to come to the side of the fence they're standing on.
"trying to convince" = talking about something in a positive or negative way, i.e. praise or blame.

But calling it "praise" or "blame" is not accurate. You're either intentionally misusing the words or attempting to change their meanings.
Something very strange is happening here. You think highly of your capacity to think and talk logically, right? Yet, a simple inference like:

Talking positively about X ==> Praising X​

seems "inaccurate" to you. This is weird because the above is the meaning of the verb "to praise" in English.

When you see an ad for a charity to help fight child hunger and cancer are you seriously trying to say that the ad is "blaming" poverty and cancer?
What does a child hunger ad do if not praise those who will give for that cause? That is why it is called "virtue signalling". "Virtue" is by definition praiseworthy.

This is clearly false. When you buy a bag of milk it just shows the logo and what the type of milk it is (1%, 2% etc.). It doesn't tell how amazing "Tom, Dick and Harry Farms" milk is.
In the case of milk, yes. Yet, if you look at other grocery packages like biscuits, cereals, frozen food, etc, you will find colorful packages that reproduce the theme of the latest ad campaign about the product.

No, they're paradigm shifts in thinking. The new paradigm affects future thought, which then affects future theories and experiments developed. Trust has nothing to do with it.
  1. "A crisis in science arises when confidence is lost in the ability of the paradigm to solve particularly worrying puzzles called ‘anomalies’" , "A widespread failure in such confidence Kuhn calls a ‘crisis’" Stanford Encyclopedia in Philosophy article on Thomas Kuhn.
  2. "as technology improves and precision increases, the room for error shrinks and confidence in theories rises greatly." from this educational resource on Kuhnian theory.
  3. "The community’s confidence in a paradigm to guide research is the basis for the conversion of its members, who now commit to it." IEP article on Thomas Kuhn.
And just in case you are going to argue that "confidence" and "trust" are not synonyms:
  • Dictionary.com "Confidence: full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing: "
  • Merriam Webster "Confidence: ... faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way, ... a relation of trust or intimacy"
  • Collins "Confidence: ... Synonyms: trust, belief, faith"
You're creating a false abstraction of how science works and then attacking that abstraction.
I am not "attacking" trust in Science. I am praising it. According to me, trust is a good thing.

You're already starting off from a position of assuming that everyone who uses an anime avi is seeking everyone's validation and are trying to "sell" their user image.
Exactly. See below.

Last edited:
I deleted my recent 2D foid avi a few days ago because it seemed like attention whoring while I was drunk. I got more replies with that avi equipped, but it felt superficial.
Exactly

@happiless, @nice_try and @based_meme GTFIH

Last edited:
Sure, he does it too (don't we all sometimes?) but IMHO it's different. Something like
has a hyperbolic and comedic undertone, at least in my perception. Yours was just plainly insulting his intelligence. No flair, just a straight gut punch. Besides, it was kinda ironic that you were trying to exalt yourself while fighting fire with fire. All of that is what I meant with my "poor taste" remark.
Basically the gut punch is needed because we passed the point of trying to teach a long time ago. I had the flair but not anymore, it's not needed when argument after argument consists of "you shitskin Indians don't know anything blaa blaa". Also, it's painfully obvious that when @nice_try gets decimated by K9OTAKU in an argument, he gets very upset and begins hurling insult after insult like bombs. So in return they get carpet bombed. Among their many sins are advocating for worship of the female and of themselves in my opinion and I will do what I need to combat that.

I request you to help, or remain silent please. Otherwise they will use the chaos to obfuscate the argument parameters. It's what they do well. Thanks brocel.

Last edited:
Half the pictures are of Gaddafi:lul:

This kind of thing is why I can't take you seriously and just do this instead:
This kind of thing is EXACTLY why you should take what he said and what I am saying seriously. I know that you can sense it works this way in life. After all you can see the utility in it. It's just tough and a bit sad to admit it works like this perhaps, at first so you are avoiding admitting it.

Maybe it's just over here then, but Dutch milk cartons have a lot superfluous BS on them. E.g.,

Melkunie%20melkverpakking_Prouddesign.png

The second panel talks about some means implemented to milk last longer without going sour and all the helpful nutrients in milk. The rightmost panel talks about how well the cows were treated. I can't readily find a picture of one, but I've seen milk cartons with pictures of farmers and accompanying anecdotes on them as well.

@
Ahnfeltia
@Ahnfeltia is correct about you and your poor taste.
I was talking about that one instance... This can of worms is more than I bargained for.
I request you to help, or remain silent please.
I'mma take you up on that latter offer. Who am I to stand betwixt your animosity?

Anime avi = incel culture.

You can keep writing essays but nothing changes that fact.

They do when they talk about simple things. This is the reason why this forum has become such a constant repetition of "water is wet" type threads. In order to go into deeper and more interesting things, you need to have a broader vocabulary and a capacity to use it to express less obvious ideas.
I'd say the vocabulary you employ is less about obscure words and more about assigning unorthodox nuances to more or less common words, but I get your point. Normies don't often care about nuance, except when it comes to social cues and body languange.
What do you mean by this exactly?

What I meant is that if we discuss this now, we will be at an impasse very soon. You will say one thing and I will say another and it will be sterile.
I knew what you meant. What I said was intended as a quip at myself for trying while I should've known I'd get shot down.

Why did people insist so much on having them back then, if they are "meaningless"?
Because banning things unjustly is a leftist reddit trait. We have plenty of censorship on the internet, we don't want it to come to our forum, too.
If you look closely, you can see that many people who voted yes on the avi poll actually don't even have an anime avatar ... how the fuck do you explain that?

Having multiple images of you goddess does not make it any less of a goddess. In Hinduism, they are called avatars, and multiple images of them are displayed ad infinitum in every Hindu temple. Idolatry has always multiplied images.
Not this bullshit again. Not everything is a religion. Just because somebody has an anime avi doesn't mean that he worhships the character as a god, where do you even get that ridiculous idea from ... Jesus ...

Exactly

@happiless, @nice_try and @based_meme GTFIH
As I said, I barely post on the forum, I don't give a shit about replies or halo, I just use an avi that I find aesthetically pleasing, nothing more to it.

Also, it's painfully obvious that when @nice_try gets decimated by K9OTAKU in an argument, he gets very upset and begins hurling insult after insult like bombs.
Why do you keep telling lies about me, it's so tiresome. Just read the thread and you will see that I decimated @K9Otaku and he then started to throw insults like "you sound like a foid" or "are you trannymaxxing?".

Because banning things unjustly is a leftist reddit trait. We have plenty of censorship on the internet, we don't want it to come to our forum, too.
If you look closely, you can see that many people who voted yes on the avi poll actually don't even have an anime avatar ... how the fuck do you explain that?
Easily. Maybe they are not in the deeper stages of worship like you.
Not everything is about religion Jesus.
He says not everything is about religion and then writes the word "Jesus" lol. I don't think you understand the simplicity of what we are saying...
As I said, I barely post on the forum, I don't give a shit about replies or halo, I just use an avi that I find aesthetically pleasing, nothing more to it.
You always say this "I barely post, yet you have over 16,000 posts and respond to every ody everyday lol. I guess its just like your "I'm getting a girl now and leaving" comments.
Why do you keep telling lies about me, it's so tiresome. Just read the thread and you will see that I decimated @K9Otaku and he then started to throw insults like "you sound like a foid" or "are you trannymaxxing?".
No. That's not what happened. I decide what happened as a third party, and I say that you are the one who throws insults constantly and acts like a whiny little prick and you are the one who isn't able to construct arguments. I think you struggle to get your thoughts out a lot. Just let @based_meme do it, and then we will blast him and he can take the carpet bombing. You need to rest. You are an incompetent fella.

Last edited:
Easily. They are not in the deeper stages of worship like you.
I don't worship foids. Deal with it.

He says not everything is about religion and then writes the word "Jesus" lol. I don't think you understand the simplicity of what we are saying...
aaand the 40yo out of touch curry boomer doesn't get the pun, AGAIN.
I can't believe you are a real person, I just can't. :feelskek:

You always say this "I barely post, yet you have over 16,000 posts and respond to every ody everyday lol. I guess its just like your "I'm getting a girl now and leaving" comments.
Again a false accusation. I don't "always say this", actually I never said this, because there was never a reason to, because until recently I was posting quite alot. Ironically, I never had an anime avi in that time. Can you believe that, moron?
So shove your lies up your ass fucking retard.

No. That's not what happened. I decide what happened as a third party, and I say that you are the one who throws insults constantly and acts like a whiny little prick and you are the one who isn't able to construct arguments. I think you struggle to get your thoughts out a lot. Just let @based_meme do it, and then we will blast him and he can take the carpet bombing. You need to rest. You are an incompetent fella.
Yes, it is what happened. You are not a third party, you are up this otaku faggots ass, so nothing you say concerning him is accurate.
Why do you keep tagging @based_meme ? We already told you that we have no association with each other you complete retard.

I don't worship foids. Deal with it.
You do. Admit it ! Your biggest desire is to be a Mega Cuck as admitted to me many times by your delusions of acsending with white Euro trash or any toilet you can find.
aaand the 40yo out of touch curry boomer doesn't get the pun, AGAIN.
No no. You ESL German helmet. What I pointed out was making it into a play on words, but you did not intentionally do that. That's not a pun the way you said it and also, you are not getting the brilliance of it. Actually, religion does have a lot to do with our daily lives.
I can't believe you are a real person, I just can't. :feelskek:.
That's because you likely know mostly NPCs.
Again a false accusation. I don't "always say this", actually I never said this, because there was never a reason to, because until recently I was posting quite alot. Ironically, I never had an anime avi in that time. Can you believe that, moron?
Then why did you start the worshiping recently?
So shove your lies up your ass fucking retard.
No thanks. My ass is exit only.
Yes, it is what happened. You are not a third party, you are up this otaku faggots ass, so nothing you say concerning him is accurate.
Why do you keep tagging @based_meme ? We already told you that we have no association with each other you complete retard.
You have an association here. Along with Copexedus. You have it because I have made the association for you. You guys push very similar ideas and shares delusions.

I'd say the vocabulary you employ is less about obscure words and more about assigning unorthodox nuances to more or less common words, but I get your point. Normies don't often care about nuance, except when it comes to social cues and body languange.

I knew what you meant. What I said was intended as a quip at myself for trying while I should've known I'd get shot down.
I did not want to "shoot you down", just to avoid the bad blood that talking past each other inevitably brings.

You do. Admit it ! Your biggest desire is to be a Mega Cuck as admitted to me many times by your delusions of acsending with white Euro trash or any toilet you can find.
No, I don't. You obviously don't know anything about me or my desires, so please stop making false assumptions, thanks.
I'm tired of constantly denying all the false accusations you are throwing out.

but you did not intentionally do that
Another false accusation. You obviously don't know anything, because it was intentional.

That's because you likely know mostly NPCs.
You don't know who I know, so don't make false assumptions again.

Then why did you start the worshiping recently?
I did not. I don't worship. I already told you a 100 times you fucking piece of shit. What use does a conversation with you have when you don't accept or believe anything I say??

No thanks. My ass is exit only.
You wish :feelskek: K9Otaku can tell a story about how virgin your ass is :lul:

You have an association here. Along with Copexedus. You have it because I have made the association for you. You guys push very similar ideas and shares delusions.
Just because people agree on a topic doesn't make them associated.

I don't worship. I already told you a 100 times you fucking piece of shit. What use does a conversation with you have when you don't accept or believe anything I say??
Because worship is an addiction and the denials of an addict are generally not credible. An alcoholic will often say: "I am not addicted to alcohol, I can stop whenever I want", yet nobody will believe him. That's why the first thing they make you say in AA sessions is "I am an alcoholic"

Because worship is an addiction and the denials of an addict are generally not credible. An alcoholic will often say: "I am not addicted to alcohol, I can stop whenever I want", yet nobody will believe him. That's why the first thing they make you say in AA sessions is "I am an alcoholic"
You two goofy ass internet dorks accusing me of worshipping foids doesn't make it true.
I don't worship foids. There is nothing you can point out that would suggest that I worship foids, because I don't.
An anime avi (which I only have since recently only to make manchilds like you seethe) isn't foid worship.
End of story.

If it is not neutral, it is either positive or negative, right? Talking positively about something is praise. Talking negatively about something is blame.
No. A compliment, for example, is not praise, even though it's talking positively. And you can easily talk negative about something without being blame, e.g., gossip.

"trying to convince" = talking about something in a positive or negative way, i.e. praise or blame.

Something very strange is happening here. You think highly of your capacity to think and talk logically, right? Yet, a simple inference like:

Talking positively about X ==> Praising X​

seems "inaccurate" to you. This is weird because the above is the meaning of the verb "to praise" in English.
The error is in your antecedent. Your erroneously framing all positive talk as "praise" and all negative talk as "blame."

What does a child hunger ad do if not praise those who will give for that cause? That is why it is called "virtue signalling". "Virtue" is by definition praiseworthy.
This is sophistry. Your claim was that all displays are advertisements and a form of praise. Now you're moving the goalpost by saying, "well, you see, it's not the display IN the advertisement that's what's called praise, but what it's potentially saying about YOU, the audience. Buy into what they're selling (charity) and you, too, can be praiseworthy!"

In the case of milk, yes. Yet, if you look at other grocery packages like biscuits, cereals, frozen food, etc, you will find colorful packages that reproduce the theme of the latest ad campaign about the product.
iu

It's a logo, label, and a description of the contents. Where is the praise?

1. "A crisis in science arises when confidence is lost in the ability of the paradigm to solve particularly worrying puzzles called ‘anomalies’" , "A widespread failure in such confidence Kuhn calls a ‘crisis’" Stanford Encyclopedia in Philosophy article on Thomas Kuhn.
  2. "as technology improves and precision increases, the room for error shrinks and confidence in theories rises greatly." from this educational resource on Kuhnian theory.
  3. "The community’s confidence in a paradigm to guide research is the basis for the conversion of its members, who now commit to it." IEP article on Thomas Kuhn.
And just in case you are going to argue that "confidence" and "trust" are not synonyms:
  • Dictionary.com "Confidence: full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing: "
  • Merriam Webster "Confidence: ... faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way, ... a relation of trust or intimacy"
  • Collins "Confidence: ... Synonyms: trust, belief, faith"
We've been over this. Trusting that your car will turn on when you insert the key into the ignition is not the same as trusting that your degenerate gambler best friend is going to pay you back your money, which is not the same as trusting that gravity will continue to work like it always has.

The kind of trust Kuhn is talking about is about the tools and methods available to solve the so-called anomalous problems. He's not talking about the efficacy and effective of the tools to solve all problems in science. You've taken this and ran wild with it in your own personal philosophy. If Kuhn was alive right now, he'd be shaking his head in embarrassment at how badly he's been misunderstood by you.

You're the kind of person who will read Gödel's work and then preach about how we can't trust mathematics. :feelskek::lul:

I am not "attacking" trust in Science. I am praising it. According to me, trust is a good thing.
More sophistry. In the past you've criticized what science is - a methodology to obtain knowledge and truth about the world around us and reality at large - and have tried introducing "trust" as some kind of thesis to the anti-thesis of "truth" to combat a perceived analogue to religion that science has supposedly become (in the minds of masses perhaps, but not in the practice of it), since you see everything through the lens of religion and everything we do is some expression of it.

"Having a coffee every morning? It's a daily ritual, therefore religion.

Going to work nearly every day of the week? Another ritual. Religion.

Eating? Done three times a day. Definitely religion.

Fapping? It's porn whore worship. Worship is religion. Therefore, fapping is also religion."

It's getting notoriously absurd.

Exactly. See below.
A small number of people have admitted to doing it, therefore everyone does it?

This is how you reason? JFL

Last edited:
I did not want to "shoot you down", just to avoid the bad blood that talking past each other inevitably brings.
I didn't mean in it a charged way. It's all good :feelsokman:

No, I don't. You obviously don't know anything about me or my desires, so please stop making false assumptions, thanks.
I'm tired of constantly denying all the false accusations you are throwing out.
Yeah you told me you are going to acsend and leave this site. You are careless as fuck about what you say and it's come back to bite you. Deal with it. Stop begging me.
Another false accusation. You obviously don't know anything, because it was intentional.
Sure bud.
You don't know who I know, so don't make false assumptions again.
Sure bud.
I did not. I don't worship. I already told you a 100 times you fucking piece of shit. What use does a conversation with you have when you don't accept or believe anything I say?
Sure angry fella.
You wish :feelskek: K9Otaku can tell a story about how virgin your ass is :lul:.
And @based_meme can help you find a boyfriend in Germany or London or wherever you Euro trash fags hang out, don't worry.
Just because people agree on a topic doesn't make them associated.
Says the asshole who is trying to make the same bullshit insults about myself and another user but then cries like a little bitch when it is done to him. LMAO.

No. A compliment, for example, is not praise, even though it's talking positively. And you can easily talk negative about something without being blame, e.g., gossip.
We appear not to be speaking the same language. To me, a compliment is praise and gossip is blame. Honestly.

This is sophistry. Your claim was that all displays are advertisements and a form of praise. Now you're moving the goalpost by saying, "well, you see, it's not the display IN the advertisement that's what's called praise, but what it's potentially saying about YOU, the audience. Buy into what they're selling (charity) and you, too, can be praiseworthy!"
That is what the virtue signalling ad does and I am not the one being devious here. The people doing such ads are.

iu

It's a logo, label, and a description of the contents. Where is the praise?
The word "chef", which connotes "cuisine", is a form of praise. The halo that seems to be issuing from the pasta, like from a saint's head, is also a traditional iconographic equivalent of praise in Western culture. We are so used to seeing these things that we no longer realize they are praise (even though we are influenced by them unconsciously).

We've been over this. Trusting that your car will turn on when you insert the key into the ignition is not the same as trusting that your degenerate gambler best friend is going to pay you back your money, which is not the same as trusting that gravity will continue to work like it always has.
There is a difference in intensity. Apart from that, I do not see the difference in the mental attitude. In all cases, you expect something to happen even though it may not. Of course the probabilities are different: P(gravity) > P(car starts) >> P(pay back). However, the mental goings on are the same.

The kind of trust Kuhn is talking about is about the tools and methods available to solve the so-called anomalous problems. He's not talking about the efficacy and effective of the tools to solve all problems in science.
I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding what Kuhn is saying. What do you mean by "the tools"? To me, Kuhn's theory is quite simple. He says that when doing "normal science", scientists trust the one reigning theory (let us say Newtonian Mechanics). Then when "anomalies" pop up a little too often, people start to have doubts; they trust the theory less and less. Then when a new theory emerges, people do not trust it at first, but as evidence supporting it piles up, their trust increases. Eventually, the old theory is wholly discredited (it has become completely distrusted) and the new one is trusted by all. This is what happened with relativistic mechanics in the early years of the XXth theory. In so doing, Kuhn is describing a transfer of trust from the old to the new theory, and therefore describing trust as the basic engine of scientific progress.

More sophistry. In the past you've criticized what science is - a methodology to obtain knowledge and truth about the world around us and reality at large.
Yes. I do not believe that Science gives us knowledge or truth. What it does is give us trust in predictive methods that we can use to anticipate what the world around us will do. For example, we can predict the trajectory of a probe within the solar system and we trust that our predictions will be accurate enough to be practically useful. That is trust in a predictive model, not knowledge or truth. Relativistic mechanics gives us better predictions than the old newtonian one (especially near relativistic speeds and massive objects) but we can have no guarantee that the world actually works the way the theory says. The ability to predict does not equate with "knowledge of what things are"

For example, we could have used Newtonian mechanics to go to the Moon, while not having developed relativity yet. Let us suppose that, fresh from our success, we now build a big nuclear rocket like the one from Project Orion and try to use it to go to the nearest star, while still being unaware of relativistic mechanics. When the spaceship would have reached speeds of around 100 000 km/s (1/3 of C), we would have started to see significant discrepancies with our predicted trajectory and we would have been puzzled as to why. What guarantee do we have that we are not in such a situation now? What guarantee do we have that relativity will not fail when we try it in some yet untested range of speeds and mass?

None. We trust relativity for the moment but we fully expect that we will need to replace it by something else one day.

If you make the step from "trusted predictive models" to "knowledge of truth", you are making a jump from science to superstition; from the empirically verifiable to the metaphysical.

and have tried introducing "trust" as some kind of thesis to the anti-thesis of "truth" to combat a perceived analogue to religion that science has supposedly become (in the minds of masses perhaps, but not in the practice of it), since you see everything through the lens of religion and everything we do is some expression of it.
What I just meant is that both science and religion are based on trust. There is no fundamental difference. Science reaches very high levels of trust on very narrow fields of predictive practice, while religion deals with general life principles although at lower levels of trust.

That is not an attack on science neither on religion.

A small number of people have admitted to doing it, therefore everyone does it?
People are generally loath to admit that they are doing a nasty but tempting thing. Therefore, if only a small number admit to it, it is reasonable to assume that they are just the tip of a pretty big iceberg. This is how you deal with human nature.

Last edited:
We appear not to be speaking the same language.
Clearly. I don't know about you, but I'm speaking English, not some bastardization of it where many concepts are narrowly compartmentalized into two words that don't mean the things you're describing.

To me, a compliment is praise and gossip is blame. Honestly.
Then you have a very binary and simplistic outlook on the concepts of praise and blame. It's like all of these things are the nail to your hammer.

That is what the virtue signalling ad does and I am not the one being devious here. The people doing such ads are.
I didn't say you were being devious, but you did move the goalpost, whether intentionally or not.

The word "chef", which connotes "cuisine", is a form of praise. The halo that seems to be issuing from the pasta, like from a saint's head, is also a traditional iconographic equivalent of praise in Western culture. We are so used to seeing these things that we no longer realize they are praise (even though we are influenced by them unconsciously).
OH GTFOH WITH THIS BULLSHIT. IT'S LIKE YOU'RE SOME FUCKING ART HISTORIAN INTERPRETING A PIECE. GET A GRIP.

WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. :lul:

I'm done with your fuckery.

Last edited:
I'm done with your fuckery.
Ok, so you are "done" (in a huff, like a chick) just when you were about to have to answer about Kuhn ... about whom I had excellent arguments. How convenient!

Ok, so you are "done" (in a huff, like a chick) just when you were about to have to answer about Kuhn ... about whom I had excellent arguments. How convenient!
KEK

Tbf, that was a tangent from the subject of your thread. It wasn't necessary to tread old grounds and continue feeding into your nonsense here with how you appropriate common words and misuse them to make your specious arguments, especially after that absolute fuckery about the canned food logo.

The nonsense you try to pull off is summed up succinctly here in the bolded.

You use common words to say something they don't mean and then argue against anyone who points out how it doesn't work. Anyone who tries arguing ends up starting off having to lean on their back foot, because we're taking basic words and twisting their meanings before we even get to the heart of things.

When you have to twist the meanings of basic words to try and make your point, you know your position is dubious. What you're doing here is nothing more than rhetoric and sophistry, and I just don't have patience for that bullshit.

Tbf, that was a tangent from the subject of your thread.
It is not a tangent. Trust is the central issue here. The reason halomaxxing and foid worship are bad is that they pollute the trust environment. The halo is fake credit that is based on nothing concrete. It is counterfeit credit.

Since trust is the basis of language, and therefore of everything we do to survive, including science, polluting it with counterfeit credit is a major crime. But of course, in order to realize this, you first have to realize how central trust is. Hence my insistence on it.

So, about Kuhn ... ?

OH GTFOH WITH THIS BULLSHIT. IT'S LIKE YOU'RE SOME FUCKING ART HISTORIAN INTERPRETING A PIECE. GET A GRIP.
It is called sociological hermeneutics and is practiced quite frequently in that field. In order to go beyond the surface of cultural phenomena, such careful analysis is required.

So yes, this pasta can label is praising the pasta, as is to be expected. I do not understand why you find it so strange. But do you really find it strange, or are you just pissed that I have indeed made a convincing case that advertisement is praise?

Last edited:
It is not a tangent. Trust is the central issue here. The reason halomaxxing and foid worship are bad is that they pollute the trust environment. The halo is fake credit that is based on nothing concrete. It is counterfeit credit.
You're talking completely out of your ass now. (As if you weren't before. :feelskek: )

Since trust is the basis of language, and therefore of everything we do to survive, including science, polluting it with counterfeit credit is a major crime. But of course, in order to realize this, you first have to realize how central trust is. Hence my insistence on it.
JFL, what? Understanding is the basis for language. If one side doesn't understand the other, the language becomes meaningless, because it's entire purpose is to communicate.

If I recite the most beautiful poetry, but do so in a language that's alien to you, it's beauty wouldn't be made apparent in the least. It would be no different than if I were to talk to myself or say nothing at all.

So, about Kuhn ... ?
What about him? You've finessed your way into introducing philosophy of science into a conversation about fucking anime avatars :feelshaha:, but it's got nothing to do with it, regardless of how you spin it.

So, about Kuhn ... ?
What about him? You've finessed your way into introducing philosophy of science into a conversation about fucking anime avatars :feelshaha:, but it's got nothing to do with it, regardless of how you spin it.
Sure ... You really do fear my arguments on this topic it seems.

The kind of trust Kuhn is talking about is about the tools and methods available to solve the so-called anomalous problems. He's not talking about the efficacy and effective of the tools to solve all problems in science.
I think you are fundamentally misunderstanding what Kuhn is saying. What do you mean by "the tools"? To me, Kuhn's theory is quite simple. He says that when doing "normal science", scientists trust the one reigning theory (let us say Newtonian Mechanics). Then when "anomalies" pop up a little too often, people start to have doubts; they trust the theory less and less. Then when a new theory emerges, people do not trust it at first, but as evidence supporting it piles up, their trust increases. Eventually, the old theory is wholly discredited (it has become completely distrusted) and the new one is trusted by all. This is what happened with relativistic mechanics in the early years of the XXth theory. In so doing, Kuhn is describing a transfer of trust from the old to the new theory, and therefore describing trust as the basic engine of scientific progress.

More sophistry. In the past you've criticized what science is - a methodology to obtain knowledge and truth about the world around us and reality at large
Yes. I do not believe that Science gives us knowledge or truth. What it does is give us trust in predictive methods that we can use to anticipate what the world around us will do. For example, we can predict the trajectory of a probe within the solar system and we trust that our predictions will be accurate enough to be practically useful. That is trust in a predictive model, not knowledge or truth. Relativistic mechanics gives us better predictions than the old newtonian one (especially near relativistic speeds and massive objects) but we can have no guarantee that the world actually works the way the theory says. The ability to predict does not equate with "knowledge of what things are"

For example, we could have used Newtonian mechanics to go to the Moon, while not having developed relativity yet. Let us suppose that, fresh from our success, we now build a big nuclear rocket like the one from Project Orion and try to use it to go to the nearest star, while still being unaware of relativistic mechanics. When the spaceship would have reached speeds of around 100 000 km/s (1/3 of C), we would have started to see significant discrepancies with our predicted trajectory and we would have been puzzled as to why. What guarantee do we have that we are not in such a situation now? What guarantee do we have that relativity will not fail when we try it in some yet untested range of speeds and mass?

None. We trust relativity for the moment but we fully expect that we will need to replace it by something else one day.

If you make the step from "trusted predictive models" to "knowledge of truth", you are making a jump from science to superstition; from the empirically verifiable to the metaphysical.
So, for the record, you are letting this stand.

What about him? You've finessed your way into introducing philosophy of science into a conversation about fucking anime avatars :feelshaha:
For the record also, you introduced science into the debate:
Oh, right. Reason and logic don't work in your worldview. Everything is a religion, and trust trumps science.
And now, you are running away from the consequences like a coward.

Sure ... You really do fear my arguments on this topic it seems.

So, for the record, you are letting this stand.
No. But keep fellating yourself.

For the record also, you introduced science into the debate:

And now, you are running away from the consequences like a coward.
I mentioned it in commentary; I didn't argue for/against anything. It was you who picked it up and went ham with it.

My poor @based_meme, I really feel sorry for you.

I thought you were a genuine worshiper of Knowledge and Truth, but I have to change my assessment now. You are nothing but a solipsistic worshiper of your own ass, like the innumerable Stirnerian, Nietzschean, Existentialists and Post-Modernists who are currently piling up in the garbage cans of history.

You are absolutely not interested in knowledge or truth. The only thing that matters to you is to maintain the delusional belief in your own semi-divine superiority for a little longer. This is how you want to think about yourself, the winner who has the last laugh:
Let us see if you live up to the implicit claim you are making with these gifs. As long as you can maintain the illusion that you are debating rationally, you keep answering. But as soon as you feel that your arguments are about to be seriously challenged, you leave in a huff (like a girl) and you retreat into mere insult:
OH GTFOH WITH THIS BULLSHIT. GET A GRIP. WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. :lul:
As a result, you are absolutely impenetrable to any suggestion of any kind of new idea. You are as closed minded as a Mullah, a Brahmin Pandit or a Hassidic Rabbi; as locked from the inside as an oyster at low tide.

What you don't realize is that solipsistic nihilism does not lead to superhuman supremacy but to mental decomposition of the late-life Nitzsche style. You are rotting in your own juice (like all of us) but on top of the isolation we all share, you add your own layer of delusional pretension. You are locked in the double prison of Inceldom and your own hubristic masochism. As a result, you are much closer to Dostoevsky's underground man than to the laughing Chads above, despite your frequent boasts.

I genuinely feel pity for you.

My poor @based_meme, I really feel sorry for you.

I thought you were a genuine worshiper of Knowledge and Truth, but I have to change my assessment now. You are nothing but a solipsistic worshiper of your own ass, like the innumerable Stirnerian, Nietzschean, Existentialists and Post-Modernists who are currently piling up in the garbage cans of history.

You are absolutely not interested in knowledge or truth. The only thing that matters to you is to maintain the delusional belief in your own semi-divine superiority for a little longer. This is how you want to think about yourself, the winner who has the last laugh:

Let us see if you live up to the implicit claim you are making with these gifs. As long as you can maintain the illusion that you are debating rationally, you keep answering. But as soon as you feel that your arguments are about to be seriously challenged, you leave in a huff (like a girl) and you retreat into mere insult:

As a result, you are absolutely impenetrable to any suggestion of any kind of new idea. You are as closed minded as a Mullah, a Brahmin Pandit or a Hassidic Rabbi; as locked from the inside as an oyster at low tide.

What you don't realize is that solipsistic nihilism does not lead to superhuman supremacy but to mental decomposition of the late-life Nitzsche style. You are rotting in your own juice (like all of us) but on top of the isolation we all share, you add your own layer of delusional pretension. You are locked in the double prison of Inceldom and your own hubristic masochism. As a result, you are much closer to Dostoevsky's underground man than to the laughing Chads above, despite your frequent boasts.

I genuinely feel pity for you.
Nigga... This cringe attempt to try to prod and goad me into an emotional or long-winded response isn't going to work. :feelskek::feelshaha: