Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel gonna start doing 200 push ups a day

I know a lot about strength training. I've done a lot of experimenting with it. Here's the most effective way for any person under, say, age 40 to get stronger. Use dumbbells and barbells for your weightlifting. The way to determine what weights to start with is use the heaviest weights that you can do 3X5 (three sets of five repititions with). On your first two sets, stop at five reps, even if you can do more. On the third set, go to failure. If you can do seven or more reps on the third set, then it's time to move up to the heavier weight at your next workout. The only way you get stronger is if you move up in weight.

Now my exercise plan says you should go to failure on the third set. So if you don't have a spotter, you need to use dumbbells for bench press, not a barbell. That way you won't get crushed with a barbell.

One more thing. My 3X5 plan I wrote in post #52 is the ideal way to gain limit strength.

If your goal is to get extremely muscular and toned like a bodybuilder, then you need to do lighter weights with more repetitions. Something like 4X15 for bodybuilding.

When I lifted weights, I just trained for strength because i am/was too fat to have any tone anyway.