Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Has anyone felt at some point like their perception of reality changed?

Robb97

Robb97

Voicecel
★★★★
This might be related to neeting and rotting on the internet all day. Today before I went to sleep at 8 am my perception of reality seemed different for some reason. I had a hard time remembering the past months or what season we're in right now. But that is not surprising considering I'm just rotting every day.
When I tried to imagine a good memory there was a visual object overlayed on top of it. When I went to bed my whole body was shaking.
I then slept for about 11 hours and I was back to normal.

I didn't take any drugs which makes this kind of scary. I also wasn't particularly tired or sleep deprived either, although I did go to bed later than usual when it was already daylight in the morning. I've done this many times in the past and I was completely fine. Maybe it's the rotting or maybe it's the lasting effect from previous bad drug trips. I think somehow my brain is getting weaker as I'm getting older. Becoming insane in the future seems like a real possibility.

I'm wondering if something like this has happened to anyone else because I think it might partially be due to rotting every day without forming any meaningful irl memories. And there might be others here with a similar lifestyle.

Depressive episode probably. Your body’s reacting

Depressive episode probably. Your body’s reacting
"They last most of the day, nearly every day, for at least two weeks."
In my case that feeling lasted for like an hour at most, then I went to bed and fell asleep. I wasn't sad, it was more of a loss of control in my brain. Although I knew it could be way worse, it seemed like a mild phenomenon.

Happens to me frequently i dissociate alot