Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Have guns stripped away male value to society?

MuddyBuddy

MuddyBuddy

It's pointless
★★
This is just something I've been thinking about lately mostly after watching a bunch of documentaries on warfare and it's evolution from ancient to modern times. What struck me is how it's much more difficult to master archery compared to modern day guns or even early muskets. It took many years to train archers to build the mechanics and muscle memory to accurately fire a bow and arrow and even then it was very difficult. This made archers incredibly valuable. But more so the gap between an average archer and a higher skilled one was far larger than what we'd expect from modern soldiers with guns. Shooting a gun doesn't require that much practice. Part of why it gained popularity was because you could train any retard to arm and shoot a musket. The very history of my country involves untrained militia men defeating the largest army in the world. This is mostly due to the fact that shooting a musket is something you could train a child to do. Whereas archery is much more difficult.

Losing an archer was a very big deal because it took so long to train them especially if they were highly skilled then you're army and society overall took quite a hit. In modern militaries though losing a soldier is not that big of a deal. I mean shooting guns is so easy even women and children could do it. Soldiers today are more easily replaceable and thus less valuable. Is there any literature that explores this topic further? Because I'd really like to explore this idea in greater detail. I haven't even gotten into infantry line and battle formations in ancient times and how complex they were.

This is just something I've been thinking about lately mostly after watching a bunch of documentaries on warfare and it's evolution from ancient to modern times. What struck me is how it's much more difficult to master archery compared to modern day guns or even early muskets. It took many years to train archers to build the mechanics and muscle memory to accurately fire a bow and arrow and even then it was very difficult. This made archers incredibly valuable. But more so the gap between an average archer and a higher skilled one was far larger than what we'd expect from modern soldiers with guns. Shooting a gun doesn't require that much practice. Part of why it gained popularity was because you could train any retard to arm and shoot a musket. The very history of my country involves untrained militia men defeating the largest army in the world. This is mostly due to the fact that shooting a musket is something you could train a child to do. Whereas archery is much more difficult.

Losing an archer was a very big deal because it took so long to train them especially if they were highly skilled then you're army and society overall took quite a hit. In modern militaries though losing a soldier is not that big of a deal. I mean shooting guns is so easy even women and children could do it. Soldiers today are more easily replaceable and thus less valuable. Is there any literature that explores this topic further? Because I'd really like to explore this idea in greater detail. I haven't even gotten into infantry line and battle formations in ancient times and how complex they were.
Theres probably some validity to this but whats your point? That we should go back to bow and arrows??? Archery might be more highly skilled and technical but in modern warfare cannon fodder soldiers with assault rifles are not only more expendable, as you noted, but also way more efficient. Its not even close.

Theres probably some validity to this but whats your point?
I find some solace investigating how everything got this bad. This feels like one of those lesser known reasons.

Not really, it's rockets aircraft gattling guns and artillery these made warring harder and a lot less useful and with it went down the value of war.

What made men less useful is automation, computer and "freemarket" capitalism since this what helped foids to be independent from the burden of life of which they needed a man for and became a slaves to their own desires.

Keep in mind fighting a war back then was more of privilige rather than a burden that is why it was reserved for the nobles until they started to get creative with the laws and administration.