Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Hearing loss is driving me crazy

FakeFakecel

FakeFakecel

PhD in Agony & Anguish
★★
There's not many things that are more humiliating than having to ask someone to repeat themselves 2 times, then still only comprehending bits and pieces. Trying to fill in the blanks using the context clues, sometimes it works, but most of the time I look like an idiot because I replied to ''Would you want some Dr. Pepper?'' with ''Oh, you want to go to the doctor?'' or some shit. You can't imagine how it feels to speak normally, but then being told to stop yelling because that's what I'm doing apparently.

Music used to be one of my biggest copes. That's dead in the water now too. I need subtitles for basically everything I watch. Words pass by me but they don't make any sense, like a blur. Why can't the medical field fund research for shit that actually matters, like this?

I'm sorry brocel

nigga is boutta go deaf

At least u dont have tinnitus that shit is hell

@nvrbegan Brocel I've seen your thread about sensorineural hearing loss which is what I have.

I don't mean to fearmonger, but it's much worse than you can imagine. TAKE CARE OF YOUR EARS. Please.

Same, had to get rid of headphones for a while

Same, had to get rid of headphones for a while
''For a while''? Are you saying it helped you hear better? If so this is big news. I use headphones basically everyday.

that sounds horrible