Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Holiday weekend comfy thursday night

Defetivecuckachu

Defetivecuckachu

OMG Scooby that feels so good!
★★★★★
Title.

It's Thursday 7pm and It's a holiday weekend so I'm finished with the week already. Agenda for the next 3 days:

I’m under some comfy blankies right now. :smonk:

-
What holiday is it?- Ah, man I don't think my country has a holiday this weekend
-

Matariki.

The midwinter rising of the pleiades, apparently my country's indigenous Polynesians saw this as the beginning of a new year.

(Even though they have no known history of astronomical science, and their main technological accomplishments seem to be killing each other with clubs, and tattooing the mummified heads of eaten slaves in order to sell them to 19th century white missionaries as curiosities. Then 200 years later, all they need to do is cry about their "stolen" "ancestors" and woke museum directors will fly them to Europe first class for an elaborate and cringeworthy ceremony to "repatriate" these "sacred ancestor remains.")

I'm 42 years old and this supposedly ancient tradition "matariki" was only discovered about 2 years ago.

The main adherents seem to be people who are about 1/128th indigenous but wear giant traditional carved whale bone necklaces 24/7/365 and complain about colonial injustice and speckle their speech with indigenous buzzwords. And white wokesters who want to appear progressive.

Basically the whole thing is made-up woke bullshit and you can file it under "N" for Nuck Figgers.

It's a paid holiday though, I'll take it.

Last edited: