[Experiment] How do you organize your documents / papers? Any tips?

How do you organize your documents / papers

• Classic folder

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Hanging file folder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Accordion folder

• Letter rack

• Just dump it on one big pile

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Other (elab in comments)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
155d 15h 17m
Can't decide. Pros / cons? Any experience?

ihaveno1

ihaveno1

Visionary
-
89d 11h 38m
folder i guess

EyesAreSoCold

EyesAreSoCold

Overlord
★★★★★
136d 14h 53m
I don't really have any physical papers, if I do get some I just pile them up somewhere.

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
135d 6h 0m
Can't decide. Pros / cons? Any experience?
I sperate then by category and then scan em all. I do this at the end of every 3 months, I do all the documents separation.

RemoveNormalfags

RemoveNormalfags

Disabled prematurecel
★★★★★
140d 7h 26m
I don't really have many Important documents

Yerberito

Yerberito

Enlightened
★★★★★
57d 15h 36m
separate them by themes in folders and Accordion folder if you have many save the Accordion folders in boxes. You can name the folders and boxes as a classification system , that can help to see wath is insaide :feelsokman:

FinnCel

FinnCel

Alcoholcel
★★★★★
109d 6h 7m
Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

★★★★★
155d 15h 17m
Stuffed everything into two folders

with two of these:

You would assume there are more than five colors, jfl what is this shit?

I get the feeling that the constant flipping will wore out the documented pretty fast. Maybe one small folder or hanging file folder for each topic would have been better. :worryfeels:

I sperate then by category and then scan em all. I do this at the end of every 3 months, I do all the documents separation.
Documents separation wdym?

Best solution, because you can easily make digital a tree structure and name everything appropriately, tbh ngl.

Do you keep the original? I fear some that some accident deleting everything ngl. Are there special failure and fire proof harddrives? Maybe a cloud service would be good. IDK.

This shit makes me uncomfortable. I am so mentally dysfunctional. Can see myself easily fuck something up.

Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
135d 6h 0m
Stuffed everything into two folders

with two of these:

You would assume there are more than five colors, jfl what is this shit?

I get the feeling that the constant flipping will wore out the documented pretty fast. Maybe one small folder or hanging file folder for each topic would have been better. :worryfeels:

Documents separation wdym?

Best solution, because you can easily make digital a tree structure and name everything appropriately, tbh ngl.

Do you keep the original? I fear some that some accident deleting everything ngl. Are there special failure and fire proof harddrives? Maybe a cloud service would be good. IDK.

This shit makes me uncomfortable. I am so mentally dysfunctional. Can see myself easily fuck something up.
I upload it to Google drive so even if hardrive failed it would be fine. if you don't want Google having access, you can zip the files and put password on them. or you can also use an external hardrive and copy paste everything over as a backup.

I would keep the physical copies of important documents like medical tests, bank statements,tax return. but of stuff like electric bill, water bill, coupon trash, random recipes I throw out
as for the documents separation, basically at end of three months I collect all the useless mail/documents piled up, separate them into caterogries. then scan them into the desired folders. I used to scan weekly but I don't get enough mail to justify that amount effort so I do three months.

M12Comic

M12Comic

rigged world
7d 9h 12m
One chunky big folder fs

Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Demented Curator
★★★★★
195d 18h 54m
With great efficiency and tidiness.

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

★★★★★
155d 15h 17m
I upload it to Google drive so even if hardrive failed it would be fine. if you don't want Google having access, you can zip the files and put password on them. or you can also use an external hardrive and copy paste everything over as a backup.

I would keep the physical copies of important documents like medical tests, bank statements,tax return. but of stuff like electric bill, water bill, coupon trash, random recipes I throw out
as for the documents separation, basically at end of three months I collect all the useless mail/documents piled up, separate them into caterogries. then scan them into the desired folders. I used to scan weekly but I don't get enough mail to justify that amount effort so I do three months.
As what filetype do you scan? Do you turn the documents into compuer readable files with any text prediction software?

Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Demented Curator
★★★★★
195d 18h 54m
separate them by themes in folders and Accordion folder if you have many save the Accordion folders in boxes. You can name the folders and boxes as a classification system , that can help to see wath is insaide :feelsokman:
1600256797488.gif

epillepsy

epillepsy

plz don't mock me
★★
83d 17h 31m
alphabetical order.
in a folder, ofc.

Animecel2D

Animecel2D

Demented Curator
★★★★★
195d 18h 54m
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
135d 6h 0m
As what filetype do you scan? Do you turn the documents into compuer readable files with any text prediction software?
I use a doc scanner and turn files into PDFs if possible. in some cases only an image format works tho

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

★★★★★
155d 15h 17m
I use a doc scanner and turn files into PDFs if possible. in some cases only an image format works tho
Doc scanner? Is that a program that tutns images into pc words?

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

★★★★★
155d 15h 17m
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
135d 6h 0m
But the content's texts are searchable and copypastable then or are they just "image" pdfs?
It’s searchable most of the time. But some documents content isn’t easily searchable unfortunately

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Grothendieck [Cope] "Just write Research papers bro" JFL The Lounge 12