Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming How long would a expensive, best gpu and cpu, pc last?

edgelordcel

edgelordcel

Fat Link
★★★
Planning on getting a loan.
If i buy the newest i9 and the rtx 4090.
Will that last me till at least 2028 for top games?

yeah man, I mean if you want to play 1440p games at 60fps a rtx 4090 will last you a few years but if you decide to play 1080p, It could last you at least a decade, I mean cards like the 2060 and 1080ti are still decent 1080p cards

many years depending on games

I would suggest going for AM5 platform, get a good motherboard with solid VRM and X670 chipset, so you will be able to install better CPU after like 4-5 years and upgrade GPU as well. Intel switching sockets like every generation (rarely once per 3 generations) so you will have to get a new motherboard if you would want to switch to a better CPU after some time.

My digital storm lynx is already having issues after 5 years. has the gforce rtx, have to unplug multiple times to get video output.
their laptops been great. for the price of it though they put in a crappy hd chip that burns out quick.
replaced it with a better one no problems since

5, 6 years, also buy an AMD CPU nigger

yeah man, I mean if you want to play 1440p games at 60fps a rtx 4090 will last you a few years but if you decide to play 1080p, It could last you at least a decade, I mean cards like the 2060 and 1080ti are still decent 1080p cards
I don't play that many games but my 1660 super still always does well with whatever game I play at 1080p/medium to high graphics. I got it around when the 3060s were first coming out and I couldn't get a 3060 because they were sold out in seconds.

Like 6-8 yrs. I got a high end pc from 2016, 6700k & gtx 1080 and it’s worked well until about 2023. Now it will struggle with new releases. But since I don’t bother with new games I don’t need to upgrade.