Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How much does looks and appearance actually play in getting along with others?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23656
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23656

Self-banned
-
I'm sure this has to be in the Wiki somewhere but I can't find a straight answer.

A lot of people have given me shit for not trying hard enough to socialize or be friendly with others.

The thing is I've already tried many times and it doesn't seem to work.

Dumb bluepill shit like don't be afraid to just make small talk. Eventually it will develop into something.

I actually tried that too and all that got me as a lot of awkward silence after they gave a one word answer that ended the conversation fast.

So yeah... No matter what I do, it won't make a difference coz of how I look.

Btw I only experienced it once but I had anecdotal experience of talking to a guy who looked and talked similar to me.

It was not good. His appearance made me feel uncomfortable and his ugly and threatening face made it rather suffocating to talk to him for every line he said. It wasn't the subject matter, I just was somehow already in my mind not feeling comfortable. As for what he actually said, it didn't matter but having a neutral tone with that face again doesn't make me comfortable.

Perhaps this is how people see me everytime they talk to me? Whats the point of me trying then? After all they already feel uncomfortable subconsciously before I even open my mouth.

According to this forum? Everything.

Kinda retarded though, you obviously wont get giga-chad friends, but getting loser friends is easy. Im in a group of losers myself.

Anxietymaxx and irrationalmaxx

I'm sure this has to be in the Wiki somewhere but I can't find a straight answer.

A lot of people have given me shit for not trying hard enough to socialize or be friendly with others.

The thing is I've already tried many times and it doesn't seem to work.

Dumb bluepill shit like don't be afraid to just make small talk. Eventually it will develop into something.

I actually tried that too and all that got me as a lot of awkward silence after they gave a one word answer that ended the conversation fast.

So yeah... No matter what I do, it won't make a difference coz of how I look.

Btw I only experienced it once but I had anecdotal experience of talking to a guy who looked and talked similar to me.

It was not good. His appearance made me feel uncomfortable and his ugly and threatening face made it rather suffocating to talk to him for every line he said. It wasn't the subject matter, I just was somehow already in my mind not feeling comfortable. As for what he actually said, it didn't matter but having a neutral tone with that face again doesn't make me comfortable.

Perhaps this is how people see me everytime they talk to me? Whats the point of me trying then? After all they already feel uncomfortable subconsciously before I even open my mouth.

Sounds like you kind of judged that guy for being ugly. Not every guy is as superficial as you though.

It was not good. His appearance made me feel uncomfortable and his ugly and threatening face made it rather suffocating to talk to him for every line he said.

thats probably what everyone thinks when you try to talk to them also

Sounds like you kind of judged that guy for being ugly. Not every guy is as superficial as you though.
Yes...thats exactly the point...

Even a person like me who should know better still falls to this behavior subconsciously

So just imagine how normies who don't give a shit about this stuff behave. Thats why I was wondering does appearance already change the conversation before anything is even said? Is it pointless trying to change the way you talk, the way you act etc because people are already feeling uncomfortable about you from the start?

Last edited:
Yes...thats exactly the point...

Even a person like me who should know better still falls to this behavior subconsciously

So just imagine how normies who don't give a shit about this stuff behave. Thats why I was wondering does appearance already change the conversation before anything is even said? Is it pointless trying to change the way you talk, the way you act etc because people are already feeling uncomfortable about you from the start?

Like i said, my friends are just as ugly as iam and i dont seem to have any issues with it.

According to this forum? Everything.

Kinda retarded though, you obviously wont get giga-chad friends, but getting loser friends is easy. Im in a group of losers myself.

the fact that only losers will be your friend is further evidence that looks even affect your friendship prospects. If you were a normie, you would be in a friendship group of normies. If you were chad, you would be in a friendship group of chads.

Looks permeate into every aspect of life.

Yes, because human nature is based upon reciprocating to gestures that offer more than the original receiver can.

Men or women are friendlier to attractive people. Just the way it is.

Halo effect is real

A large role. An overwhelming role at the top and the bottom.