Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment How much is remote work worth to you?

• Thread starter Transcended Trucel
  • Start date

120k remote vs 180k in person

• Total voters
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Peace & Dharma ; Vishwaguru India!
★★★★★
Let's say theoretically you have to choose between remote work or in person work.

What extra salary would an employer need pay you to do in person work?

See a poll for a theoretical example.

imo for me depends on how big difference is and how the base remote salary is compared to expenses.

tough choice tbh. depends on how long the commute is

lets say commute is 1 hr to go and then 1 hr back. so total 2 hrs
id take remote then. the freedom to do what i want mostly at home is pretty valuable

plus the diff between 120 and 180 isn't as much in take home pay due to the higher tax brackets

id take remote then. the freedom to do what i want mostly at home is pretty valuable

plus the diff between 120 and 180 isn't as much in take home pay due to the higher tax brackets
true tbh. It's kinda ragefuel that the government starts sucking up near 50% of income money eventually at higher tax brackets. :feelsohgod::feelsohgod::feelsohgod: But they'll leave the capital gains tax at 20% even for billionaires :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

I would take remote

Pretty conditional on how remote the work can be.

Say my employer is located in San Francisco. I would take 120K remote in North Dakota rather than 180K in person in San Francisco because 120K can get you way further in ND than 180K in CA. But if I would be in the same state regardless of whether it were remote or in person, I would do in person for the higher salary.

I would take $6 billion for the jewish CEO to lick my sweaty goy nuts :feelsjuice:

im in the thirdworld , ive been working remotely on and off for usa companies. They pay latinoz and filipinoz in between $2-$5 an hour.

However in my country that is a lot of usable money for living comfortably. Im currently looking for a remote job because i dont want to go work in person

There is no better office than your own home. :feelsthink:

I could move to SEA and keep working if I had to.

I could move to SEA and keep working if I had to.
I think I could do this too but would need be clever with some weird VPN usage or get a different job which let's that happen

I'd work remote for minimum wage at this point. That's almost $15 an hour now so 28k. That's more than I've ever made and It would take at least 3 times that for me to prefer in person. Remote work would be ideal because no commute or people and you can move to a cheap country.

true tbh. It's kinda ragefuel that the government starts sucking up near 50% of income money eventually at higher tax brackets. :feelsohgod::feelsohgod::feelsohgod: But they'll leave the capital gains tax at 20% even for billionaires :feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:
that's why you gotta buy assets bro. Rather pay cap gains tax than income tax

I work remotely, I think the only way I could stand being in an office again would be if I was drunk/ or high.

I voted 180k in person, but really it depends.
If your remote work is constantly monitored and you can't just nap for 1h or jerk off during day then it's not really a remote job.
On the other hand if you can slack off at office since you are less monitored at office, plus you have like free coffee and sandwich well then be it at the office.

Last edited:
I change the batteries now my remote work