Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory How therapy can make things worse for incels

war_with_myself

war_with_myself

Overlord
★★★★★
First off, it should be made clear that therapy DOES NOT solve your inceldom (water of course). Therapy can be potentially beneficial, in that it
helps you gain new perspectives and gives you the tools to cope with the problem more effectively. This is the whole point of therapy.

Second, there is a gender difference in how problems are solved. Men's brain have evolved to be problem solving, whereas women's brain are wired to seek relationships. This is why women typically seek and recommend therapy to deal with their problems, because therapy allows them to feel heard, validated, and even loved.

Now here lies the problem: If men go to therapy to learn to cope with the problem, and not directly addressing their problem, this works against their nature and can condition them to a type of learned helplessness; since the problem has not been addressed and the problem persists. They are merely coping with the problem, not fixing it. They are effectively learning to live with the problem, rather then attacking the problem head on.

Symptoms of learned helplessness includes:
  • feeling a lack of control over the outcome of situations
  • failing to ask for help
  • having low self-esteem
  • decreased motivation
  • putting less effort into tasks
  • lack of persistence
  • feelings of frustration
  • passivity
  • giving up easily
Sounds like many of the users here...:dafuckfeels:

Now, this is purely speculation, as I am not too versed on human psychology, but if my theory that "therapy can lead to learned helplessness" holds, then therapy can be dangerous to any incel that seeks to change their ways.

Furthermore, there are other ways therapy can make things worse, such as:
  • being used as a guinea pig for their pet theories,
  • therapist that holds judgement against you, are preachy, talk about themselves too much, and/or give too much ineffective direct advice. This can give you a bad impression of therapy, and turn you off from finding an actual good therapist.
  • reliving trauma
  • if you received bad therapy, you can feel frustrated, regret, depressed, etc; you were better before going to therapy because you feel worse after the session
  • f you had bad experiences with therapy, being recommended therapy can be triggering
With all that said, it should be then noted (and I am directly addressing IT and normies who are lurking here), that recommending therapy should not be treated lightly. I understand the intention is well meaning, but recommending therapy without considering how it can make things worse is dangerous.

Last edited:
First off, it should be made clear that therapy DOES NOT solve your inceldom (water of course). Therapy can be potentially beneficial, in that it
helps you gain new perspectives and gives you the tools to cope with the problem more effectively. This is the whole point of therapy.

Second, there is a gender difference in how problems are solved. Men's brain have evolved to be problem solving, whereas women's brain are wired to seek relationships. This is why women typically seek and recommend therapy to deal with their problems, because therapy allows them to feel heard, validated, and even loved.

Now here lies the problem: If men go to therapy to learn to cope with the problem, and not directly addressing their problem, this works against their nature and can condition them to a type of learned helplessness; since the problem has not been addressed and the problem persists. They are merely coping with the problem, not fixing it. They are effectively learning to live with the problem, rather then attacking the problem head on.

Symptoms of learned helplessness includes:
  • feeling a lack of control over the outcome of situations
  • failing to ask for help
  • having low self-esteem
  • decreased motivation
  • putting less effort into tasks
  • lack of persistence
  • feelings of frustration
  • passivity
  • giving up easily
Sounds like many of the users here...:dafuckfeels:

Now, this is purely speculation, as I am not too versed on human psychology, but if my theory that "therapy can lead to learned helplessness" holds, then therapy can be dangerous to any incel that seeks to change their ways.

Furthermore, there are other ways therapy can make things worse, such as:
  • being used as a guinea pig for their pet theories,
  • therapist that holds judgement against you, are preachy, talk about themselves too much, and/or give too much ineffective direct advice. This can give you a bad impression of therapy, and turn you off from finding an actual good therapist.
  • reliving trauma
  • if you received bad therapy, you can feel frustrated, regret, depressed, etc; you were better before going to therapy because you feel worse after the session
  • f you had bad experiences with therapy, being recommended therapy can be triggering
With all that said, it should be then noted (and I am directly addressing IT and normies who are lurking here), that recommending therapy should not be treated lightly. I understand the intention is well meaning, but recommending therapy without considering how it can make things worse is dangerous.
i tried therapy. it didnt really do anything. ive tried it multiple times. friends are better.

A huge problem too is that therapy in itself is a racket. Most therapists are shit and don't help. And even the rare ones that can help, choose not to help, because if your mental problems were solved, you wouldn't need therapy as much anymore, and that's just less money in their pockets. They profit in your condition not improving and staying the same so that you can keep seeing them every week, and your insurance can keep paying them.

Therapy is cucked.

Nail on the head. Foids are always talking about "go to a therapist" to talk about your problems. Which is a total waste of time. What they don't understand is that our PROBLEM is that we can't get a girlfriend/love/respect from society because we are ugly/short//low IQ/autistic etc etc.
None of which can be solved by really anything. There's nothing we can do about it.
It's over