Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR I have just spent 14 hours consecutively in Civ5

• Thread starter HyperVersager_4EVER
  • Start date
HyperVersager_4EVER

HyperVersager_4EVER

Overlord
★★★★★
Damn, this is a new low. I usually at least pretend to take breaks in LDAR sessions to give some illusion of normalcy to my life. I don't know what came over me this time. JFL at being a supposedly collage-aged male and wasting your entire day with video games:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:

I call that time well spent.

I call that time well spent.
The campaign was okay(although it is not over yet), the reason I was taken a back is I have never played a game that long my entire life. I doubt I have ever reached two digits of hours before. I felt like I have reached a new low.

Sounds like fun ngltbh
I don't even know what videogames to play anymore

Sounds like fun ngltbh
I don't even know what videogames to play anymore
Can't promise the fun part but it is an addictive game if you get hooked on a campaign.

Based civilization cel

I wouldn't be able to focus on one thing for so long tbhtbh

It's a great game after all so no need to be upset about this. You had fun, that's all that matters.

bro... at least play paradox games :feelswhat::feelswhat::feelswhat:

Damn, this is a new low. I usually at least pretend to take breaks in LDAR sessions to give some illusion of normalcy to my life. I don't know what came over me this time. JFL at being a supposedly collage-aged male and wasting your entire day with video games:feelshaha::feelshaha::feelshaha::feelsrope::feelsrope::feelsrope:
civ 5 is fun af, I remember when I bought it I would have crazy long sessions as well, not 14 hours but I would play a lot tbh.

The campaign was okay(although it is not over yet), the reason I was taken a back is I have never played a game that long my entire life. I doubt I have ever reached two digits of hours before. I felt like I have reached a new low.
Reaching double digit numbers of playtime in a day, atleast once in your life, is a must for every gamer.

Used to play a lot some years ago but can't be arsed anymore tbh. Takes way too long to learn.
Reaching double digit numbers of playtime in a day, atleast once in your life, is a must for every gamer.
It is when we get certified as permanent virgins :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:

what civ?
paradox games are too fucking time investment heavy. I spent 50 hours on that EU4 bullshit and still wasn't good

That is quite a lot of hours

better than literally laying on your bed fixing the ceiling

When I was a kid I used to spend even 20 hours per day on that game. I have been playing civ1, civ2, civ3, civ4, civ5, and now I have civ6.

I challenge you to find anybody who has been playing that game more than I did. I still have the floppy disk and the 386 IBM laptop with the first version of that game. I had it over a 486 desktop too. It's sad everytime I think about my life, all I did was playing videogames.

Can't promise the fun part but it is an addictive game if you get hooked on a campaign.

indeed, I absolutely love civ 5 and have played for hundreds of hours. I usually play on just normal difficulty for really long dominance only campaigns.

I would say time well spent. I have played minecraft for 13 hours straight at some point

There is no such thing as a "wasted day" unless you're wageslaving.

When I was a kid I used to spend even 20 hours per day on that game. I have been playing civ1, civ2, civ3, civ4, civ5, and now I have civ6.
View attachment 302705
I challenge you to find anybody who has been playing that game more than I did. I still have the floppy disk and the 386 IBM laptop with the first version of that game. I had it over a 486 desktop too. It's sad everytime I think about my life, all I did was playing videogames.
Damn that's some dedication to a franchise. But I fear the last sentence too, I must moderate my video game consumption tbh
what civ?
Indonesia on a map with a lot of islands. Tried to make a pacifist run but AI wouldn't let me so was nuking AI civs last time I was playing.
I usually play on just normal difficulty for really long dominance only campaigns.
I usual intend to play dominance as well but end up finding myself playing science or culture for some reason.

Tried to make a pacifist run but AI wouldn't let me
Brutal shit, man.

I am also vidya coping with Civ V and attempted to deploy a pacifist strategy, reasoning to myself that a cultural victory is the path of the autistic celibate and must be embraced. But in a world of psychopathic scumbags, one must become militant, so I chose Catholicism as my religion and the religious tenet which allows you to buy military units with faith.

I have since conquered the political and religious capitals of The Huns, and maintain a strong defensive position across a mountain range. My empire (the Patriarchate of Byzantium) is the second largest on the map, and my ideology is Autocracy.

Last edited:
It is when we get certified as permanent virgins :feelskek: :feelskek: :feelskek:
Dont know bout that because i have seen chads have ridiculously long gaming sessions. What i do know is that it is a gamer moment for sure. :feelsYall:

Dont know bout that because i have seen chads have ridiculously long gaming sessions. What i do know is that it is a gamer moment for sure. :feelsYall:
Chad just maxxes out all dopaminergic activities, whether sex or vidya or whatever.

It's an aspirational redpilled cope to say "stop playing vidya and grind as a wageslave 24/7 so you can win a landwhale over."

civ 5 is the best one tbh, even if I'm more of a paradoxcels

Chad just maxxes out all dopaminergic activities, whether sex or vidya or whatever.

It's an aspirational redpilled cope to say "stop playing vidya and grind as a wageslave 24/7 so you can win a landwhale over."
We are living in a age where toilets have super long gaming sessions and better gaming rigs than many could hope to achieve, its not some gamer stereotype anymore.

Wageslaving has no end, it should only be used to grow your skills and get cash to invest in some side hustle. Simply depending on your job forever is a bad idea, you need savings, investments, and exit strategy.

After completely digesting the blackpill and becoming one with it. I have given up the idea of having a partner. I am diverting all my efforts for knowledgemaxxing, moneymaxxing, and GigaCopemaxxing.

I have been LDARing on OSRS for 10 hours on average a day since summer started and I havent even made that much progress which is extra ropefuel

I have 760 hours on Civ V total

tbh I can never play games or watch anime for extended periods of time. takes too much concentration. after 1-2 hours I lose interest and just browse forums or whatever. I wish I could just play games for 14 hours without getting bored, sounds nice

Damn that's some dedication to a franchise. But I fear the last sentence too, I must moderate my video game consumption tbh

Indonesia on a map with a lot of islands. Tried to make a pacifist run but AI wouldn't let me so was nuking AI civs last time I was playing.

I usual intend to play dominance as well but end up finding myself playing science or culture for some reason.
you can use mods to make AI more rational. I use 50-100 mods most of my playthroughs and always makes match more spicy by alot

you can use mods to make AI more rational. I use 50-100 mods most of my playthroughs and always makes match more spicy by alot
Damn you don't get any crashes with that much of mods? I use a few basic mods sometimes and even then I have seen some rare crashes. Do you have a handy mod list by any chance?

Damn you don't get any crashes with that much of mods? I use a few basic mods sometimes and even then I have seen some rare crashes. Do you have a handy mod list by any chance?
I do get crashes when I make own mod list but if you use mod packs, they change game entirely and already flow well as some one alresdy pretested. so I would recommend using those. I have noticed though that there is a point where too much mods slow game too much or unbalance them. it's why modpacks work good as they balance out everything