Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel I just read my first book in 10 years

HumanTrash

HumanTrash

Rope or cope but don't hope
★★
I just finished The Hobbit and it was pretty good. I should do reading much more often. I wonder what's my next book.

I just finished The Hobbit and it was pretty good. I should do reading much more often. I wonder what's my next book.
Books are actually good entertainment. Underrated cope. Just gotta find the right one

The Count of Monte Cristo

How is it?
it's a classic french story about a man who gets cheated out of everything, gets sent to prison, escapes and takes revenge
extremely based protagonist

it's a classic french story about a man who gets cheated out of everything, gets sent to prison, escapes and takes revenge
extremely based protagonist
Might give it a shot at some point as I'd like to read the classics

I used to read more a few years ago. :feelshehe:

Used to be an avid book reader; my vocabulary was rich and diverse. Haven't read a book since my passion was killed 5-6 years ago. The pool of words I have access to now is now very simple and uninspired.
If you don't use those words outside of reading then there's no point in you remembering or learning them.

It's like algebra. You can give me the simplest algebra equation right now and I could not remember how to solve it. But the question is, do I need to remember useless shit like that which has no practical use for me in real life?

Books are actually good entertainment.
JFL no they aren't, they were just the best that humans had (at the time) so they became common and well used for entertainment.

10000 years from now nobody is going to be reading for entertainment (it will just be for knowledge). People will be busy spending time in actual virtual worlds rather than imagining it in their heads.

Me too:feelstastyman:

Anyone that wants to get into reading I recommend buying a Kindle. You can buy them very cheap second hand and anyways after downloading some books for free (it's easy to find sites with free epub/mobi books) you've probably covered the cost already. Takes much less space than physical books, very lightweight, battery lasts for a very long time and it has cool functions like highlighting book parts and adding them to your journal or searching words in the dictionary just by tapping them.

Anyone that wants to get into reading I recommend buying a Kindle. You can buy them very cheap second hand and anyways after downloading some books for free (it's easy to find sites with free epub/mobi books) you've probably covered the cost already. Takes much less space than physical books, very lightweight, battery lasts for a very long time and it has cool functions like highlighting book parts and adding them to your journal or searching words in the dictionary just by tapping them.
You can do all of that on a computer and more, why buy a specific device to do something that a multi purpose device can already do.

Also I'm sure there are restrictions that you'll have to overcome with respect to what books you can have on the device, and as time goes on more and more updates will happen and it will become harder and harder to have pirated books on those devices.

It just makes more sense to just download the books to your PC that way.

if I was to delve back into books, my vocabulary would once again expand.
Ok, but why does that matter?

If normies told you to do X to "improve your personality", would you do it "just because" when there is no purpose to it and no evidence it will help you in any tangible way.

If you spend your life valuing thing subjectively you'll be incapable of making logical choices in life. Everything you do will be "on a whim" and because "I feel like it", and years and years of making decisions like that will have a cumulative effect and result in failure.

There are rappers making millions today, their vocabulary is in the fucking sewers in comparison to yours :feelskek:.

It makes no sense to value things in such a subjective way, it will only lead to you wasting time and effort.

Being blue pilled is essentially valuing subjective social concepts with no evidence or practical value, simply because "you like the way it sounds" (emotional reasoning). Can you tell someone else to not do that, when in other aspects of life you do the same?

You can do all of that on a computer and more, why buy a specific device to do something that a multi purpose device can already do.

Also I'm sure there are restrictions that you'll have to overcome with respect to what books you can have on the device, and as time goes on more and more updates will happen and it will become harder and harder to have pirated books on those devices.

It just makes more sense to just download the books to your PC that way.
Nah honestly for reading the Kindle is much better than a PC or a tablet. The screen is made of a different material (digital ink I think) and it doesn't emit light so your eyes aren't tired and it's just like reading a real book, also it's much easier to carry a kindle in your backpack than a laptop. Just tapping the screen sides (or press a button in really old kindle models) is also much more comfortable than scrolling a PDF file. You mention restrictions but honestly there aren't any, even 1st generation kindles still work well and you can download legal books or pirate them connecting the device to your PC and using Calibre to transfer your books. You don't even have to jailbreak it, Amazon doesn't care about piracy.

JFL no they aren't, they were just the best that humans had (at the time) so they became common and well used for entertainment.

10000 years from now nobody is going to be reading for entertainment (it will just be for knowledge). People will be busy spending time in actual virtual worlds rather than imagining it in their heads.
Reading is literally the most basic form of communication. We read all the time on a daily basis. We’re reading right fucking now JFL.

What’s the difference if it’s on a forum or livestream chat online or if it’s a book? It doesn’t, to me atleast. Maybe you just have shit taste in copes

IQ mogs me because I never finish books

Reading is literally the most basic form of communication. We read all the time on a daily basis. We’re reading right fucking now JFL.
What the fuck does that have to do with it being "good entertainment"?, you are moving the goal post.

Novels are boring as hell. There are movies that I've watched that were kinda drab but they were still entertaining because they were more stimulating to the brain (audio + visuals). Imagine having to read that story instead? lol.

What’s the difference if it’s on a forum or livestream chat online or if it’s a book?
You are interacting with a real person, it's more like a conversation than you "simply reading".

Maybe you just have shit taste in copes.
I don't have "copes". I'm not one of these retards (like yourself) that classifies everything they do as a cope.

What the fuck does that have to do with it being "good entertainment"?, you are moving the goal post.

Novels are boring as hell. There are movies that I've watched that were kinda drab but they were still entertaining because they were more stimulating to the brain (audio + visuals). Imagine having to read that story instead? lol.

You are interacting with a real person, it's more like a conversation than you "simply reading".

I don't have "copes". I'm not one of these retards (like yourself) that classifies everything they do as a cope.
Slit your wrists nigger you wouldn’t know good entertainment if it hit you upside the skull. And you wouldn’t know what coping is either bc you’re doing it right now

Seethe faggot, or better yet, fucking kill yourself. You’re on a forum of social rejects picking FIGHTS Lmaoo. You’ve hit the bottom of the barrel. LITERALLY COMMIT SUIDICE FUCKING WASTE OF OXYGEN LOSER

If someone telling you you're wrong is what you consider "picking a fight", then it's you who is the nigger :feelskek:.
It’s not that you told me I’m wrong, it’s how you told it to me. You were disrespectful as fuck, and to not expect disrespect back is autistic. You get what you serve fuckin loser cuck

and to not expect disrespect back is autistic.
Where did I say anything about feeling disrespected. Please don't project your feelings and mindset onto other people. I have never felt "disrespected" online, someone has to say something to my face to exert that kind of response.

I don't really feel insulted from online comments.

Being blue pilled is essentially valuing subjective social concepts with no evidence or practical value, simply because "you like the way it sounds" (emotional reasoning).
Isn't that what everyone is doing anyway, yourself included

books are good cope for me

Might give it a shot at some point as I'd like to read the classics
It's good, but unless you're familiar with 19th century naval terminology and/or French names and terms, it can be a bit difficult to follow. Also, make sure you DON'T get the many abridged English translations out there.

Sure, It's a long book, but it took you 10 years to read it?

If you don't use those words outside of reading then there's no point in you remembering or learning them.

It's like algebra. You can give me the simplest algebra equation right now and I could not remember how to solve it. But the question is, do I need to remember useless shit like that which has no practical use for me in real life?
Does it mean I can finally LDAR and get away from my stupid project every once in a while?