Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I think I got fired from my first job.

DirtyCurryCell

DirtyCurryCell

Banned
-
The lockdown came on just after I graduated from college. I was alwas told that getting a degree would get me a good job. I was actually called for an interview from a good international company. They said they'll let me know about the results in a week, and then BAM! lockdown.

I spent one month doing nothing, sent an application to this startup just incase I get work. I did. They interviewed me over the phone, and they were pretty impressed by the work I had done. They told me I would be given a low pay, but it will increase depending on my performance.

So what was this job? They wanted me to make a website for some college, with zoom integrated and all. Seems do able. Usually with projects I've done at university, I follow some YouTube tutorial and make the changes I need to make. But these fucks wanted it done in a month. They told me to get a good login system from GitHub and start making the changes. I did that.

They asked me to set up an azure server, but because of their free subscription, the servers wouldn't set up properly. They kept saying I was doing something wrong, until they finally checked in with amazon, and then they told me to set it up locally. Which I did.

Then they gave me a UI on Adobe XD and told me to make the UI. I'm not good with CSS, so my work was slow. When it took time 2 days longer, they went silent. And then they told me they're going with moodle.

We spent a few days setting up the moodle site, and then they told me to edit the moodle source code. Which is NOT something moodle was ever designed for. It took me a few days to learn it, and I made the changes. They didn't call me for a few days. I was telling one of my friends about this, and accidentally messaged that guy, then I deleted the message. He called me and he said that he realized the project was "too difficult" for me (I'm insulted), and that he's transferring me to wordpress project and that he'll let me know. And told me to go through some wordpress tutorials. That was on Thursday. I haven't heard from them since.

They asked for my bank details to send my salary. But they didn't.

I worked my ass for my degree, and I was severely depressed and suicidal during that time. I worked as an unpaid intern at one point. And I finally got my degree. I had hoped that getting a fucking degree would pay me above minimum wage, and let me tell you the starting salary of a software engineer in my country is twice as what I was offered. And I didn't even get that! Meanwhile I know chads who are working as "graphic artists" simply because they have connections.

FUCK THIS COUNTRY! FUCK CHAD! FUCK THE SYSTEM!

What country are you in boyo?
The life of a modern stemcel is hard.
It's not life a decade ago where any guy with a CS degree or knowledge could get a great job instantly. Now we have to compete against millions of other STEMcels for shitty low wage jobs.
Moderns STEM degrees are a meme. Unironically a better idea to get some normie degree like business

Wow sounds like they scammed you. What country are you in? India?
Move to Bangalore and get a job with Microsoft or something.

"Just wait for it...."
Tbh if they still putting you to wait that means they search for another player because they are not satisfied about your personality.

erfuel tbh

in which country are you working boyo?

I’ve never been fired from a job , cause I’ve never worked

The lockdown came on just after I graduated from college. I was alwas told that getting a degree would get me a good job. I was actually called for an interview from a good international company. They said they'll let me know about the results in a week, and then BAM! lockdown.

I spent one month doing nothing, sent an application to this startup just incase I get work. I did. They interviewed me over the phone, and they were pretty impressed by the work I had done. They told me I would be given a low pay, but it will increase depending on my performance.

So what was this job? They wanted me to make a website for some college, with zoom integrated and all. Seems do able. Usually with projects I've done at university, I follow some YouTube tutorial and make the changes I need to make. But these fucks wanted it done in a month. They told me to get a good login system from GitHub and start making the changes. I did that.

They asked me to set up an azure server, but because of their free subscription, the servers wouldn't set up properly. They kept saying I was doing something wrong, until they finally checked in with amazon, and then they told me to set it up locally. Which I did.

Then they gave me a UI on Adobe XD and told me to make the UI. I'm not good with CSS, so my work was slow. When it took time 2 days longer, they went silent. And then they told me they're going with moodle.

We spent a few days setting up the moodle site, and then they told me to edit the moodle source code. Which is NOT something moodle was ever designed for. It took me a few days to learn it, and I made the changes. They didn't call me for a few days. I was telling one of my friends about this, and accidentally messaged that guy, then I deleted the message. He called me and he said that he realized the project was "too difficult" for me (I'm insulted), and that he's transferring me to wordpress project and that he'll let me know. And told me to go through some wordpress tutorials. That was on Thursday. I haven't heard from them since.

I worked my ass for my degree, and I was severely depressed and suicidal during that time. I worked as an unpaid intern at one point. And I finally got my degree. I had hoped that getting a fucking degree would pay me above minimum wage, and let me tell you the starting salary of a software engineer in my country is twice as what I was offered. And I didn't even get that! Meanwhile I know chads who are working as "graphic artists" simply because they have connections.

I have experienced this as well(too many times due autist) and lessons that I have learned which u should also take into consideration is following
  • Never accept any jobs with a salary that is below what is normal for a programmer. which is actually high even for newly grads.
    • Serious companies who hires newly graduatied staffs do invest in them with a acceptable salary and also have plans and coaching for the new staff so he can grow and learn in the company.
    • In your case, it seems that your employer is cheap and poor and just hire you with no plans, this is always end up badly. It seems they treat you like u were a consultant which require a little bit more from you.
  • Always have a written jobcontract stating your salary your work assignments, startingdate etc.
  • You are just newly graduated, its not uncommon that your first jobs will be a bit "rocky" if you are unlucky. You might be fired once or twice.
    • I have had chads and foids at my workplace who got fired due to inexperience or other reasons.
      and yes that foid drew the victimcard when she got the information that she has to leave.
  • Importatnt question: Do you have any written conversations (mail/facebook any written medium) with your shit-employer stating your salary and what work you will do and startingdate, endingdate and how many hours???

If u can answer yes on this then it is a proof that you have worked there and that means you have the opportunity to sue their asses for not paying your salary and you should do that! No matter how u performed u should alwys get salary!
    Dont let them win! Be the first incel that actially win a battle!
  • Join a fucking trade-union, they are experts relating to labour-laws! I dont share their political views but they can help you with ur right relating to work, for example this instance. I myself had run to the union a few times and cry about employers screwing me over by not paying salaries.
  • Your jobassignments are wayyyyy over your experience from my impression by reading your post. You dont nomrally learn integration with zoom and github from university. I myself were in this position also many years ago.
Lastly, I want to say that this is not your fault. This has actually nothing to with inceldom or chads. I think your post event dont belong here. You just took a bad job from a unserious employer.
A serious should employer give the employee all that he needs to fulfil their work and in this instance they didnt(azure with free subscription, WTF HAH), and also why the fuck would they use Moodle and Wordpress???? Its a real fucking headache, already there it means that they are like Jon Snow and knows nothing.
They company are doomed if they use that shit, and Zoom??? In my work we have banned zoom due to its so blatant full of security risks, they are liek literally giving all their businessecrets to china.
so yeah u just took a bad job u will find a better one where u actually do programming, and u should consider yourself lucky to not be part of that company, u deserve a better serious REAL company with a salary that is standard for junior developers.

Dont give up, i got fired too many times beoyond count until I got a permanent position, and the fun part is that my currenct job dont know this, but it worked out for me in the end.

Last edited:
Wow sounds like they scammed you. What country are you in? India?
Move to Bangalore and get a job with Microsoft or something.
Indeed.

Now you have to go in the backdoor you left for yourself and fuck everything up.

I hope to high heavens that you have an employment contract or some hard evidence that you worked there and didn't get paid. This kind of exploitation happens a lot. Slaving away on some web dev job for a month to not get paid is some serious ER fuel tbh ngl ded srs.

I don't think this warrants it's own thread but I'm in similiar position.
I work in small company that's doing very shady stuff lately. I am essentially leased as a workforce for a larger international company with support structure equaling a freelancer except my boss, the owner pockets the difference.

I am still on my starting salary after working there for year and a half. Cannot leave due to the predatory contract I was essentially forced to sign because I had no money and needed a job. They recently upped our working hours to 42 a week. So I work an extra day a month, which is just fantastic.
I am constantly angry and told my boss to fuck off and stop micromanaging me last week, received a formal warning too.

If only my shitty life was at least average in some aspects.

Imagine actually working for a startup. That's freelance work, bro. You got poached.

I am a computer science engineer, I have developed projects on neural networks, data mining and fuzzy logic, I was the most skilled computer nerd in my college to the point where my own teacher avoided technical arguments with me, I get paid the same as a janitor, ugliness is a crime, talent and skill are not a necessity in the modern world, your skills can be easily replaced by another person who is not an ugly abomination

A lot of startups are scams.

They want to get your work without paying you.

For all the good startups you see in silicon valley there area 10 shit ones.

Thats why most people from the best unis still want to go to an established firm first.

@Thehut
And everyone else.

There was an update on this.

UPDATE:

They called a few days ago and said they're sorry for the miscommnicaion, and said they didn't mean to "ditch" me. They said they said we will settle the salary situation, and that they're transferring me to the wordpress project. They also said that they tried the moodle editting, and weren't able to make it work.

They paid me. But not for two months. Just for the first month I worked there, and not the two weeks of the second month.

I accepted the job yesterday. They gave me PDF of a webpage saying they need it made like that. The work is dull and boring.

I tried using wordpress's HTML blocks to get some divs going, but the HTML blocks are all centered, so the whole page looks weird. I feel like quitting, without wasting any more time.