Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I think I might have caused the death of my cat

Deadgeneration

Deadgeneration

This world I must leave
★★★
A cat that me and my sister adopted as a stray kitten a year or so ago died earlier today. Yesterday I was laying in bed browsing the internet, and the cat who was sitting at the foot of the bed started vomiting up nasty shit. I couldn't tell what it was exactly but it was some smelly dark and pinkish stuff (probably some rat it killed and ate). I proceeded to dispose of it and mop up what was left with some bleach and lysol. Needless to say I was kind of pissed at the cat for making a disgusting mess so I sprayed it with some of the lysol, just enough so it would get the fuck out of the room. Later that evening we found him on the floor, lethargic and having irregular breathing. We tried giving him water, food, and wiping him down but he just died the next day. I'm still not sure if it died from the lysol spray or it ingested some other toxic substance beforehand (causing the vomiting). Feeling pretty bad right now for possibly having caused this. He was an ugly, loud, and annoying cat that my mom and brother hated but he shouldn't have died this early. :fuk:

Last edited:
If the stomach was bloated then it was not you

Where did you spray it? If it wasn't in the face I highly doubt it's your fault.

Where did you spray it? If it wasn't in the face I highly doubt it's your fault.
I didn't spray it directly in the face, I sprayed him in his torso and rear from like 3 feet away

I didn't spray it directly in the face, I sprayed him in his torso and rear
Doubt you caused it then, unless you sprayed a shit ton. He probably did breathe some in but it should've been an insignificant amount (although if he had some underlying health conditions it might've caused it)

They groom themselves a lot.

Your cat licked the bleach off of its fur and died.

That is why the flea treatment drops are always placed on the back of the cat's neck.

That is why the flea treatment drops are always placed on the back of the cat's neck.
Wouldn't it taste pretty bad and make the cat not lick it?

OP's cat had to get at least a small amount of the stuff on his tongue to taste it. That's probably what did it.

If its not on its fur and smells/tastes bad it will avoid it.

If its on its fur, it doesn't matter, it wants that shit off of itself and will continue licking it (cleaning it off). It licked off a boatload and its kidneys started to fail or had major respiratory issues like you said.

It died a horrible suffocating death.

A small cat can only deal with so much. Even a small amount to us is a ton to it.

Last edited:
OP's cat had to get at least a small amount of the stuff on his tongue to taste it. That's probably what did it.
Is bleach really that poisonous? I looked up the lethal dose for humans and for a cat it should be at least few teaspoons worth to kill

If its not on its fur and smells/tastes bad it will avoid it.

If its on its fur, it doesn't matter, it wants that shit off of itself and will continue licking it (cleaning it off). It licked off a boatload and its kidneys started to fail or had major respiratory issues like you said.
Oh. That's a pretty dumb instinct then lol

Is bleach really that poisonous? I looked up the lethal dose for humans and for a cat it should be at least few teaspoons worth to kill
It's Lysol so it was probably mixed with other chemicals also. Not an expert or anything so take my opinion with a grain of salt. .

Oh. That's a pretty dumb instinct then lol
They lick their buttholes and genital area after urinating to groom themselves.

Even with that, a lot of owners still let their cats lick their faces or hair lulz.

My cat didn't get any bleach on him, just the lysol. You're probably right though maybe licking it's contaminated fur could have poisoned it

It wasn't bleach. Here's the ingredients of the can I sprayed him with
20220723 164131

:feelshaha:
Based, cats are cunts

I shot a cat in the head with a .45 once...
:feelsXmas:
It was paralyzed from getting hit by a car. Sad meow.

A quick mercy killing.

She was a very nice and dignified cat I called Cleopatra.

I shot a cat in the head with a .45 once...
:feelsXmas:
It was paralyzed from getting hit by a car. Sad meow.

A quick mercy killing.

She was a very nice and dignified cat I called Cleopatra.
RIP :cryfeels: