Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I wish i had a skill that i could monetize.

xkcdCleftcel

xkcdCleftcel

He not busy being born is busy dying
Being some tech whizz kid who gets offered a job at google, or a hacker who goes onto get high paying jobs in online security.
Or a great craftsman who makes beautiful furniture and masonry pieces.
Or a musician who writes music for films and tv shows and orchestras.
Just some kind of skill that i enjoy and could make money off, i think that would be nice, but i don't have one and so i'm doomed to work shitty jobs i hate.

Sell your ass in prison

I’m extremely skilled at being a truecel. How can I monetize that ?

I’m extremely skilled at being a truecel. How can I monetize that ?
realistically, you could sell your account to a high post count wanting graycel. Or you could go into runway modelling for prada

Being some tech whizz kid who gets offered a job at google, or a hacker who goes onto get high paying jobs in online security.
Or a great craftsman who makes beautiful furniture and masonry pieces.
Or a musician who writes music for films and tv shows and orchestras.
Just some kind of skill that i enjoy and could make money off, i think that would be nice, but i don't have one and so i'm doomed to work shitty jobs i hate.
Me too brocel but it's never too late to try. You might have a hidden talent

realistically, you could sell your account to a high post count wanting graycel. Or you could go into runway modelling for prada
My account is my life. Selling that would be no different than selling my soul

Me too brocel but it's never too late to try.
I don't think this is true. Most of the exceptionally talented people in their respective field have been doing it / practising since they were children. I think that if you aren't good at something as a kid, you won't ever reach the same level of skill as someone who has been doing said thing since they were a kid.

I don't think this is true. Most of the exceptionally talented people in their respective field have been doing it / practising since they were children. I think that if you aren't good at something as a kid, you won't ever reach the same level of skill as someone who has been doing said thing since they were a kid.
It is very disheartening to hear upon entering a new sport or discipline that those at the top have been honing their craft since adolescence. Of course, most people are somewhat average, though they may have one or two areas that they are more adept in than others. Searching for that is the issue, something many struggle with - including myself.

Things like sports or music will need you to practise since you were a kid.
Sure, it sucks because those skills are associated with having the highest status.

But if money is all you're looking for, there are plenty of skills which aren't as demanding.
Entrepreneurship for example - lot of people who only started in middle age and still created a successful business.