Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I wish I had been a NEET 50 years ago as opposed to now.

zekr

zekr

AMOR FATI
★★
I wish I was NEETing in the 1970's right now as opposed to the 2020's. Being on the internet this long has completely fucked my life up. If I had been a NEET in the 1970's I would probably still be getting a fair amount of screen time (TV) but it would be so inferior to what the modern internet is as the library of Alexandria times 1,000 at your fingertips with instant regenerative content. I would be going to the library, gym, playing pinball, who the fuck knows but I do know that I would actually going outside more to say the least. Yes, no shit you can still do those things now but the internet has been too much of a temptation for me (along with changing the entire way the fucking world works ffs) and I think the only solution at this point is just cutting it all out. It destroyed me. I'm so mentally stunted and completely disenfranchised and what do I have to show for it? Sure, yeah I was exposed to a lot of cool and novel content and not all of it was a waste of time but I would have had a much more fulfilling life without it all said and done. I can definitively say as someone who has pretty much lived most of my life online that I think it was a massive mistake and I should not have never been exposed to it at all.

Last edited:
If you had wealthy Parents or you where atleast Chad Lite It wouldnt Matter how much time you Spend online.

Everyone would Lick your Ass regardless

I wish I was NEETing in the 1970's right now as opposed to the 2020's. Being on the internet this long has completely fucked my life up. If I had been a NEET in the 1970's I would probably still be getting a fair amount of screen time (TV) but it would be so inferior to what the modern internet is as the library of Alexandria times 1,000 at your fingertips with instant regenerative content. I would be going to the library, gym, playing pinball, who the fuck knows but I do know that I would actually going outside more to say the least. Yes, no shit you can still do those things now but the internet has been too much of a temptation for me (along with changing the entire way the fucking world works ffs) and I think the only solution at this point is just cutting it all out. It destroyed me. I'm so mentally stunted and completely disenfranchised and what do I have to show for it? Sure, yeah I was exposed to a lot of cool and novel content and not all of it was a waste of time but I would have had a much more fulfilling life without it all said and done. I can definitively say as someone who has pretty much lived most of my life online that I think it was a massive mistake and I should not have never been exposed to it at all.
You would do a travis bickle within a week

Thank you for the whitepill.

Yeah, do it quick, once you go beyond 25 you're beyond hope. You can still fix it, just go exercise and try to have alarms that make you turn off your internet-connected devices.

You older than @Emba ?

Step away from the phone.
Stand up tall and look up!
Up!

Yeah bro, I concur.

Ever since I had internet I stopped reading library books. I had access to all of them, I "let my fingers do the walking." (A old at&t "yellow pages" ad slogan 8)

The only books I buy now are garden reference,
& mill strategy/ fighting/ fencing books.

If I didn't have a garden and animals chores, I would stay on inside all days!

But I sure remember, a whole lot of knife fighting in the 70's and early 80:s, once I got good it's like I was, "detectable." And never needed it again. But I got a few "security" jobs and then got firearm skills, killing varmints!

Skinny dangerous looking mf's me!

You older than @Emba ?
Hard to say. If he remembered the 70's he wouldn't want to go back there!

It was a violent time for lonely ugly dudes.

Many men, here, couldn't have endured it!

Boys be crying over stupid shit when there WAS active danger just stepping outside.

Ofc, I did live urban back then. Lots of niggers and pigskins

u should rent a cabin and rot there for a few weeks as detox