Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

If you could press a button and make it so you were never born, would you?

mylifeistrash

mylifeistrash

Banned
-
What stops me from blowing my brains out is making my parents suffer and making people having to deal with my corpse, funerals, etc.

But if I was never born I could prevent all of that.

If you could simply press a button and never exist, would you? It would be the same feeling of how the word was the billions of years that came before the point you were born.

nah. i find the idea of not existing anymore really strange, although I do think about it a lot. I’ve often felt that I wish I was dead but didnt have to kill myself. But tbh that was mostly spur of the moment thinking. I don’t think I’d ever be able to kill myself or press this button or whatever if I’m completely serious. Kinda like how you can’t bite off your own finger

If you could simply press a button and never exist, would you? It would be the same feeling of how the word was the billions of years that came before the point you were born.

Describe that feeling. Describe that experience, for eternity.

sure, i don't see anything getting better anytime soon

would be amazing if this existed

FUCKING YES

nah. i find the idea of not existing anymore really strange, although I do think about it a lot. I’ve often felt that I wish I was dead but didnt have to kill myself. But tbh that was mostly spur of the moment thinking. I don’t think I’d ever be able to kill myself or press this button or whatever if I’m completely serious. Kinda like how you can’t bite off your own finger
well said

I would like to have it available but wouldn't use right away.

One more year and I'll be able to say for sure.

most definitely

Fakecel if you wouldn't

Also put a poll

I would rather have a button that takes away my urges to find a female. I would be so free

Sounds based.

Another three years just to see if this really is permanent and then I’d be ready

would smash that button

Yep, it'd be for the best.

What stops me from blowing my brains out is making my parents suffer and making people having to deal with my corpse, funerals, etc.

But if I was never born I could prevent all of that.

Holy shit, caring about your parents dealing with corpse, sounds cucked. If your parents loved you more your life would be better.

Hell no, I'm a force for good in this world and there are things I enjoy about life despite my dry dick

I've been divided on the issue my whole life. I'll kill myself on a specific date later this year anyway.
My maternal grandparents were moral role models but they have died.
I would not spare my parents pain; they have been immoral against me and others.
I've been 100% sure I'd press a button to kill the whole humanity, all life on earth and make life physically impossible in the universe since I was 5 years old. My own life is not important in the grand scheme. I must have always been a smart moral person.

Definitely. Have had the same thoughts. Can't get psychologically past the gore and grief associated with a suicide, but that button would do the trick. Or better yet, a button to make the entire world, galaxies and all, never have existed.

Describe that feeling. Describe that experience, for eternity.
There're no feelings, there isn't anything. Nothing that can experience, the complete absence of something, that hasn't actually been there to begin with.

yes, existence has proved itself as a net loss

There're no feelings, there isn't anything. Nothing that can experience, the complete absence of something, that hasn't actually been there to begin with.

But what would it be like to "not be?" If I'm pressing the button, something has to happen.

The prospect of non-existence terrifies me

But what would it be like to "not be?" If I'm pressing the button, something has to happen.
You simply stop being. It's like a dreamless sleep, i suppose. You won't be there, to observe the bleakness of non existence. It's impossible to image, since all we know is existence. Non existence is the polar opposite of everything we ever experienced.

You simply stop being. It's like a dreamless sleep, i suppose. You won't be there, to observe the bleakness of non existence. It's impossible to image, since all we know is existence. Non existence is the polar opposite of everything we ever experienced.

So what am I hoping to achieve by pressing the button? What am I hoping to experience?

I'd save it for later

So what am I hoping to achieve by pressing the button? What am I hoping to experience?
You're hoping to never having to expierience anything ever again. That's the whole point of it. People like me who would like to press the button, are tired of existing. Imo, there's simply nothing that can be gained by living this futile life. Well exept for a few meaningless pleasures, that will never actually fullfill you, and are in fact just reductions in negative utility, without any intrinsic value. If you disagree with what i just said, and want to keep experience something. Your answer to Op's question would probably be a big fat no.

You're hoping to never having to expierience anything ever again. That's the whole point of it. People like me who would like to press the button, are tired of existing. Imo, there's simply nothing that can be gained by living this futile life. Well exept for a few meaningless pleasures, that will never actually fullfill you, and are in fact just reductions in negative utility, without any intrinsic value. If you disagree with what i just said, and want to keep experience something. Your answer to Op's question would probably be a big fat no.

I want to understand the concept. Doesn't the concept at least intrigue you? To go from feeling things, to feeling nothing? If it can happen, it has to be describable.

100% yes I would