Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I'm going to text my oneitis and ask if she wants to meet up for a coffee or lunch this weekend (not a "date").

Bro roped?
How was the date

Mega Update.

She texted me yesterday out of the blue saying we should meet up sometime. When I saw her text, I almost cried. For a moment, I thought it was hallucinating.

I wanted to meet her that very instant. But I didn't want to sound desperate so I replied saying I'm busy this week and that we can meet next week. And she said that's fine with her!

Guys, I won't lie. I'm immensely happy. But I also feel great sadness knowing it will most probably just be a one time thing. There's no way I'll be meeting her on the regular, let alone ascend with her.

But then, even a one off meet up with her would means a lot to me. Because I have no other options.

Either way, I've decided I'm going to make a move and tell her I like her and see what happens. At this point, I'd rather hear a firm "No" and move on than live the rest of my pathetic life thinking about her.

Mega update.

Guys, something is happening. We texted yesterday discussing when and where to meet. We decided to meet on Saturday at a certain place. For the record, we're just meeting as old friends, so it's not a "date".

But even then I'm absolutely giddy with excitement. I'm also super nervous and deep down I'm sad because like I said, it will most probably be a just a one off meet up, as opposed to being the beginning of something special. I can already see the cracks forming so I'm not going to get my hopes too high. :cryfeels:

Mega update.

Guys, something is happening. We texted yesterday discussing when and where to meet. We decided to meet on Saturday at a certain place. For the record, we're just meeting as old friends, so it's not a "date".

But even then I'm absolutely giddy with excitement. I'm also super nervous and deep down I'm sad because like I said, it will most probably be a just a one off meet up, as opposed to being the beginning of something special. I can already see the cracks forming so I'm not going to get my hopes too high. :cryfeels:

I feel like a moth being drawn to a flame. I know I'm going to get burned in the end.

I'm just getting my hopes up even though I know exactly how it will end.

But I've been alone all my life. This opportunity to meet her feels like a divine gift.

Final update:

It happened. We met for lunch yesterday and hung out for a few hours. Here are the highlights.

Spoiler: Absolutely nothing has changed. I'm still in the friend zone.

She didn't seem too excited to meet me. I say that because the entire time she maintained a flat expression and vocal tone.

Her body language indicated she was not interested. First, she sat with her arms crossed most of the time. Second, she didn't make much eye contact with me. Third, she sat a few inches to her left, so she wasn't directly facing me.

She kept checking her phone and answered a total of 4 phone calls.

At one point, I told her to stay in touch, to which she responded with a bored sounding "hmmmm".

She talked a lot about her other friends and their exciting lives. When I spoke about my life and what I've been up to, she just nodded along and didn't ask me anything, like as if she didn't care enough to know further. Sometimes she just stared off into empty space.

(Take note, this is how ugly guys are treated by their female friends even in the best of circumstances.)

When it was time to leave, I walked her to her car and then things got a little awkward: she stretched out her hand. I grabbed it in what was perhaps the worst attempt at a handshake. Then after a second, she put her left hand on my shoulder and leaned in to semi-hug me. Not knowing what to do, I mirrored her move by placing my left hand on her shoulder and leaned in to semi-hug her. It lasted half a second and then she pulled away, said "bye", got into her car and drove away.

So that's it.

It was an interesting experience. But at the heart of it all, nothing has really changed. In fact, I feel emptier and sadder knowing I was so "close", yet so far and that there's zero chance of this ever blossoming into something more meaningful. :cryfeels:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back