Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: after you learned about your situation, you can't identify yourself with fiction anymore

Shigechi

Shigechi

MSTOW for life
★★★★★
I can't barely see movies or read books anymore. I don't find any common ground with me and the media i used to consume. It's all alien, like that was made to other people, not to me. I don't see the point anymore in reading/watching fiction, it's all so dumb. Like you are removed from humanity and any attempt to connect with them will result in failure.

The joker movie? Buffalo 66? And I bet mgtows can relate to falling down.

The problem with most fiction is that it's build around a just world which of course doesn't exist in real life. In most stories the "good guy" wins because he works hard or some shit, in real life everything is predetermined. There are some instances of realistic fiction that are centered around how fundamentally fucked the world is.

Fiction (tv shows, movies, anime etc.) is meant mostly to feed you narratives which are 99% of the time being controlled by <<<them>>> :

- Hard work matters more than anything.
- Everyone can fall in love with anyone regardless of how they look
- Ugly people = bad, beautiful people = good (especially in kids movies, when programming takes place in the young brain).
- If anything bad ever happens to you, its somehow your fault.
- The background characters are irrelevant because they're "bland", while the main characters deserve privilege and good fortune because they are... the main characters, just as you think you are in your life.

I could go on but everything seems very obvious to me, shouldn't be hard to decipher.

Ya I can't watch any tv, read any fiction books or listen to any music or I get very depressed. Then it takes time to come out of that depression. Even video games I can't really play anymore, I am down to playing puzzle games or Chess.

Its like going outside where there are other people.. its just depressing knowing we can never enjoy any of the things they are doing. So because we can't change any of that and are not allowed to participate, we have to just keep our minds on other things. Eg.. when I am playing Chess I'm just thinking about the moves and strategy.

I can no longer stand movies with any kind of romance in it.

Ya I can't watch any tv, read any fiction books or listen to any music or I get very depressed. Then it takes time to come out of that depression. Even video games I can't really play anymore, I am down to playing puzzle games or Chess.

Its like going outside where there are other people.. its just depressing knowing we can never enjoy any of the things they are doing. So because we can't change any of that and are not allowed to participate, we have to just keep our minds on other things. Eg.. when I am playing Chess I'm just thinking about the moves and strategy.

I can no longer stand movies with any kind of romance in it.

The dumb ugly quiet kid always gets the Stacey in the end

Can definitely relate. I haven't watched any sort of movie in over a year, and haven't read in years.

Havent seen a movie in over 10 years dedsrs I can never relate and I dislike fiction movies

Romance and sex is fucking everywhere.