Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Incel trait: wanting to be good at something, but don't have any interests or passions to be good at.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
For a long, long time I searched for an interest or a passion. At a certain point I copied a list of all potential interests from wikipedia, going through them 1 by 1.

And it's the weirdest thing. I literally have no interests. Since I was a child I basically rotted in front of a computer. Since I was a child nothing in the real world was really interesting. I remember wishing I was home in front of my PC the moment I stepped foot in the classroom in the mornings. And yet I don't even have anything I like on the PC. I don't really enjoy even games, movies, books, anime, manga anymore.

And yet I feel this great need to be good at something. I'd love to learn something and eventually become an expert. At this point I'd settle for something that doesn't even make me money, I just want to be genuinely interested in something.

For me it's worse. Being able to get to a certain level in my passion or interest, but never being able to master it or get REALLY good at it.
It sucks

I want to learn an instrument or another language (monolingualcel), but I've come to accept it is likely too late in my life to start.

Video games I like, but there is no way I want to be that good at them like some pros

My (potential) has been stunted by a lack of social acceptance :€

Having non-NT passions you deeply love is just as bad because they can scare off femoids (normies)

I can relate.
A few weeks ago I wanted to learn digital drawing. At the first day I was super motivated, download some programs, watched tutorials, etc., but my motivation vanished very fast. I bought so many video games, which I played for 5-10h and then simply lost interest in. There isn't a video game or series, which I can focus on.

At my school time I tried some weird things out, like camping. I prepared everything and was hyped. But I was actually doing the camping thing, I just wanted to go home and rot in front of my PC.

For me it's worse. Being able to get to a certain level in my passion or interest, but never being able to master it or get REALLY good at it.
It sucks
If I were to consider video games an interest (though not really, not anymore, I just play them cause there's nothing else to do). Then I can tell you that I'm exactly the same. There's games I've spent hundreds and in some even thousands of hours and yet I'm shit at them, getting overshadowed by people with a fraction of the time spent on the game.
Video games I like, but there is no way I want to be that good at them like some pros
Depression trait tbh
I considered myself very depressed for many years, almost a decade I think. But at a certain point you forget about "depression" or things like that, and it's like your brain becomes atrophied. It becomes a haze, a numbness.
I can relate.
A few weeks ago I wanted to learn digital drawing. At the first day I was super motivated, download some programs, watched tutorials, etc., but my motivation vanished very fast. I bought so many video games, which I played for 5-10h and then simply lost interest in. There isn't a video game or series, which I can focus on.

At my school time I tried some weird things out, like camping. I prepared everything and was hyped. But I was actually doing the camping thing, I just wanted to go home and rot in front of my PC.
Drawing is an amazing thing if you manage to keep at it. The things that people can create, the skill ceiling is nigh infinite. I suggest you give it another try.
Having non-NT passions you deeply love is just as bad because they can scare off femoids (normies)
Do what makes you happy man. As long as you don't hurt other living things of course.

If I were to consider video games an interest (though not really, not anymore, I just play them cause there's nothing else to do). Then I can tell you that I'm exactly the same. There's games I've spent hundreds and in some even thousands of hours and yet I'm shit at them, getting overshadowed by people with a fraction of the time spent on the game.
Yeah same. Part of why i hate online multiplayer. It's not fun to get my ass kicked, when i barely win. Even in videogames this happens JFL, much like real life. But mainly my interests and passions is for things like playing the Piano, or collecting weapons and armor (pre firearms) or having my own personal library full of thousands of novels and artbooks.
One can dream

I want to learn an instrument or another language (monolingualcel), but I've come to accept it is likely too late in my life to start.
I could say some shit like "it's never too late", but people who do that piss me off so fucking much. Anyway, if you like something do it just to enjoy it, no need to be good at it.
Yeah same. Part of why i hate online multiplayer. It's not fun to get my ass kicked, when i barely win. Even in videogames this happens JFL, much like real life. But mainly my interests and passions is for things like playing the Piano, or collecting weapons and armor (pre firearms) or having my own personal library full of thousands of novels and artbooks.
One can dream
Having a passion is a wonderful thing. If you like playing the piano just do it, even if you're shit at it. If there's enjoy in simply playing, why bother with silly notions such as perfection?

Those morons who have spent many hours a day for years training to play the piano probably don't even enjoy it all that much, even if they've thrown their whole life into it. A true musician plays because he feels like it, because he enjoys it. So just enjoy yourself playing the piano even if if it sounds like a cat orgy taking place on top of a keyboard.

Last edited:
I am the same way. I wanted have some "hobby", but being too high inhib to go outside my house prevented me from doing it. Now that I am getting older and older I get pretty sad how I have wasted my life rotting between four walls and that I have become accustomed to it, jfl. I used to enjoy drawing a lot, but I lost motivation to even do that and felt like I was only wasting the paper.

I have no skill