Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Is getting a 4k PC-monitor for gaming worth it?

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
I need a big monitor. Eyes and back hurt to much.

Is 4k for gaming worth it or is this just jew soypraganda for di wagecuck's gelt just like overenigineered (((smart))) phones?

If I wouldn't use it right now for gaming because of my eyes, should I maybe get a HD monitor even in case first and upgrade later?

Any tips, what has to be borne in mind?

Last edited:
Do you have a graphics card and a good enough processor to run it? I ran 4k games on my 4770k and 1080ti and got a consistent 60, but not much more.

1440p is a nice middle ground even though it is a meme resolution. IMO, framerate is more important that resolution. I would take the money and invest in a 144hz monitor (Freesync/Gsync if you have the money) at either 1080p or 1440p instead of 4k (unless you have a beefy rig that can do both).

Anyways, I recommend Acer Recertified. I got a $800 monitor there for ~$500 bucks.

as mentioned above get a nice 144hz monitor if you haven't gotten one yet. Otherwise you could get a 4k TV and play PC games on your 4K tv.

Don't get the obsession with 4k unless you're viewing a 70'' screen tbh, 1080 with 120 fps is good enough

>browsing incels.is in 4k :feelswhat:
No really it's kind of useless if you already have to ask if it's worth it.

I would wait until the 4K becomes more affordable. If you don´t do anything graphically intensive 1080p should be fine. If you go for big monitors I suggest you to pay for an additional "zero bright pixel" guarantee, it's worth it in the long run.

I have a 1080p 60hz monitor, it's good enough.

Everything is COPE except 144hz monitors. C O P E

no dont even touch 4k until theres hardware that can run it at good framerate. get a 144hz monitor 1080p you will get smooth framerate at max settings with good hardware. meanwhile 4k would lag and so would 1440p a bit

I own a 144hz monitor and I think you ahould get one as well. You can either choose a 1080p monitor or a 1440p monitor and you should determine that based on the power of your hardware as well as your available money

Framerate and refresh rate mog resolution.

i got my new rig and was thinking about goign 4k, but apparently a 27 inch 1440p is the sweet spot so im probably going to get that.

depends on what games you play tbh, some games look a lot better in 4k than others.
I own a 144hz monitor and I think you ahould get one as well. You can either choose a 1080p monitor or a 1440p monitor and you should determine that based on the power of your hardware as well as your available money

also getting one with g-sync built into the monitor is good shit. :feelsokman:

i bought a 34 inch ultra wide 3440x1440 120hz. acer predator monitor to go along with my 1080 gtx graphics card. im low IQ though so i just plugged it in and turned it on:feelsokman:. i have no idea if im even getting the maximum benefit out of it:feelsbadman:. was there something i had to do to ensure that its working properly?

I bought a 4k tv and I put the resolution at 1080p because the computer I have connected to it can barely run games at 60fps on 4k

144hz monitor 1080p is what I went for. I wish I went for 4k all the time. I shit you not 60hz vs 144hz is not that much

Thank you all for your help.

even though it is a meme resolution.
Elab.

Do you have a graphics card and a good enough processor to run it? I ran 4k games on my 4770k and 1080ti and got a consistent 60, but not much more.
Nothing yet, just a laptop from 2011, i5 and 5000er radeon IIRC. I have enough money, but I am NEET so I prefer not to waste to much.

I will probably either go 1080 or 1440 then. How much would I have to reckon for each of the three resolutions, if I want to upgrade to gaming PC later once my eyes are better (think positive :worryfeels: )? I would like to play stuff like The Witcher as well.

Freesync/ Gsync. I only need one right?

as mentioned above get a nice 144hz monitor if you haven't gotten one yet. Otherwise you could get a 4k TV and play PC games on your 4K tv.
But I will not able to use it sitting on the desk then, I suppose?

144hz monitor 1080p is what I went for. I wish I went for 4k all the time. I shit you not 60hz vs 144hz is not that much
Elab

depends on what games you play tbh, some games look a lot better in 4k than others.
Games with high background detail and far vision, I suppose?

only blobs go for it

Nothing yet, just a laptop from 2011, i5 and 5000er radeon IIRC. I have enough money, but I am NEET so I prefer not to waste to much.

I will probably either go 1080 or 1440 then. How much would I have to reckon for each of the three resolutions, if I want to upgrade to gaming PC later once my eyes are better (think positive :worryfeels: )? I would like to play stuff like The Witcher as well.

Freesync/ Gsync. I only need one right?

>How much would I have to reckon for each of the three resolutions
1080p shit is super cheap nowadays. If cost is important, you can get a 1080p 144hz gysnc/freesync monitor for probaly 300 bucks, maybe 50 more if you prefer an IPS panel to a TN one.

1440p is a great middle ground but is a "meme" resolution, so it'll only work great if the monitor is only being used for a PC. I got my 27" 1440p 144hz IPS Gysnc monitor refurbished for about 550 bucks (regular price was $700 or $800, no issues in over a year of owning). You can lower the price by opting for Tn panel, or no Gysnc.

4K is expensive. Expect to pay around $1k for a 4k monitor with all the bells and whistles.

I have had good experiences with Acer Recertified. Try them if you want to save money. I have heard some people with issues, but I've never had one

>Freesync/ Gsync. I only need one right?
Yes. Freesync is for AMD graphics cards and Gsync is for NVidia ones. I have Gysnc and it works automatically... my graphics card just detected it and it works. Gsnyc is expensive as fuck but worth it IMO. Never had Freesync so IDK anything about it.