Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is it just me, or is getting a job hard as fuck?

Looksmaxxcel

Looksmaxxcel

Captain
Not only is the application process hard, I've applied for many jobs and have had zero success. Keep in mind that I've put a lot of thought and effort behind each application. I'm tired as fuck from job hunting already and am already to give up. Call me lazy, but getting zero callbacks has completely discouraged me from trying anymore.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the explanation as simple as I think it is?

Not pulling yourself up by your bootstraps

Depends where you are, it definitely isn't easy and you need to have a bit of luck on your side too it seems

Not pulling yourself up by your bootstraps
Boomer memes aside, I've taken this blowhard advice and applied it, only to get knocked down repeatedly over and over again no matter what I do. Nothing I do changes the outcome.

What's your profession/degrees/experience bro?

Boomer memes aside, I've taken this blowhard advice and applied it, only to get knocked down repeatedly over and over again no matter what I do. Nothing I do changes the outcome.
Welcome to life, no respawning

Depends where you are, it definitely isn't easy and you need to have a bit of luck on your side too it seems
I don't think the fact that I live in a small town where everybody knows eachother helps at all. I'm an outsider to everyone even though I've been there 1/3rd of my life.

Welcome to life, no respawning
I hate becoming an adult. :confused:

I don't think the fact that I live in a small town where everybody knows eachother helps at all. I'm an outsider to everyone even though I've been there 1/3rd of my life.
better move or else it's gonna be over

Getting anything desirable in life is hard as fuck.

Just stand up straight bro, look your interviewer in the eyes bro, give a strong firm handshake bro

It is hard. No one wants to hire me. Not even janitors or garbage trucks.

Idk, never tried to get a job tbh.

Getting a job is all about luck.

The only three jobs I ever got were truck loading and unloading. Never got a call back from any other place that I applied to.

Getting one that pays more than $22 an hour seems impossible. HR departments reserve high paying easy jobs for foids and chads.

you just got to apply a bunch and only apply to shit u have experience with or is entry level will take like a month or two then it’s luck of the draw usually u don’t get the job u want but do get the one u least expect it usually happens out of the blue you’ll apply and like 2 weeks later get a call back then interview and a lot of times get the job on the spot

It's why I gave up years ago, here in Australia even the most entry-level jobs require extensive experience and good referees. Most jobs I applied for didn't even reply to my email, let alone get to interview stage. Thank God we have decent unemployment benefits here.

Depends where you are for sure, where I live, I have had over 400 Job applications denied, even at fast food restaurants wont hire me. I live in L.A, i'm white, and can't speak spanish.

Yes. Especially if you look disabled but aren't actually disabled enough to get neetbucks or some sort of government-sponsored job like some disabled people and Somalis get.

You mean you didn't get mummy and daddy to spoon-feed you a job like most people with any actual career? I know that feeling.

Not only is the application process hard, I've applied for many jobs and have had zero success. Keep in mind that I've put a lot of thought and effort behind each application. I'm tired as fuck from job hunting already and am already to give up. Call me lazy, but getting zero callbacks has completely discouraged me from trying anymore.

Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is the explanation as simple as I think it is?
Looking for a job is horrible, all you can hope for is luck, don't care much about application because it doesn't matter really, they won't hire you because you wrote a really insightful application, they will only hire you if they need someone asap. Also pray that the interviewer isn't a woman because then even if they need you she still won't hire you, just out of spite.

It’s hard if you’re an ugly male

do u live in the USA? Honestly it is extremely easy to get a job here.

It's as hard as fuck in this day & age.

Pretty much impossible for ugly men.

Pretty much impossible for ugly men.
Most of the interviewer questions aren't even related to job performance, most of them are based on your social standing.
It's as if they are TRYING to make sure the losers of society (ugly men) can't get anywhere in life. Fuck them.

Most of the interviewer questions aren't even related to job performance, most of them are based on your social standing.
It's as if they are TRYING to make sure the losers of society (ugly men) can't get anywhere in life. Fuck them.

I’ve been reading more and more about employers requesting social media references.

I have no social media presence, it’s too depressing.

It’s getting to the point where I have to either work a fast food job or a job like plaid pantry.

I think I’d rather just rope.

Just stand up straight bro, look your interviewer in the eyes bro, give a strong firm handshake bro
kids these days. back in my day we worked during the summer to pay for our entire college year and still had money to go socialize. y cant u do the same?

At least I know that it's not just me. Was it always like this?

For men, yes. I was unemployed for years despite the fact I applied myself to various jobs and apprenticeship places. I only received declination. Companies have the power to choose. I even got once declined from a job as a delivery boy in a drugstore because I was too ''pushy''. I only called him 1 to 2 days after the appointment we have made where he decides whether I got this job or not. But he never called back, so I called him. To show interest in a job is something bad, I guess.

I’ve been reading more and more about employers requesting social media references.

I have no social media presence, it’s too depressing.

It’s getting to the point where I have to either work a fast food job or a job like plaid pantry.

I think I’d rather just rope.
At this point, jobs are a big fucking joke. Now any random dipshit who was popular in highschool is employed over people who aren't so popular but at least tried to be qualified for whatever the job is. This excludes all incels and low quality men, of course.
No wonder everything is going to shit when druggie stoner retards who were popular are the ones running this shit.

For men, yes. I was unemployed for years despite the fact I applied myself to various jobs and apprenticeship places. I only received declination. Companies have the power to choose. I even got once declined from a job as a delivery boy in a drugstore because I was too ''pushy''. I only called him 1 to 2 days after the appointment we have made where he decides whether I got this job or not. But he never called back, so I called him. To show interest in a job is something bad, I guess.
I absolutely hate it how hiring managers are not hiring us over personal reasons, it's bullshit. I think they're just simply trying to dress up their personal reasons and pass it as something else, whatever that may be. If they can't nit-pick a reason to not hire you, then they just simply ignore you and never call back.

At this point, wagecucking is a big fucking joke. They're hiring based on social standing and appearance rather than JOB QUALIFICATIONS. This is what happens when women run the hiring process, everything just becomes nothing more than a stupid fucking social game.
The only way to make it as a low quality man anymore is to either receive NEETbux, get a trade, or become self-employed.

At this point, jobs are a big fucking joke. Now any random dipshit who was popular in highschool is employed over people who aren't so popular but at least tried to be qualified for whatever the job is. This excludes all incels and low quality men, of course.
No wonder everything is going to shit when druggie stoner retards who were popular are the ones running this shit.

I absolutely hate it how hiring managers are not hiring us over personal reasons, it's bullshit. I think they're just simply trying to dress up their personal reasons and pass it as something else, whatever that may be. If they can't nit-pick a reason to not hire you, then they just simply ignore you and never call back.

At this point, wagecucking is a big fucking joke. They're hiring based on social standing and appearance rather than JOB QUALIFICATIONS. This is what happens when women run the hiring process, everything just becomes nothing more than a stupid fucking social game.
The only way to make it as a low quality man anymore is to either receive NEETbux, get a trade, or become self-employed.

Yep it’s just an extension of high school.

People either lucked into their job or they networked their way into it.

Hideous landwhale managers favor foids and chads because, for once in their life, they are accepted by them.

At my last job the ugly landwhale supervisor would only associate with the young foids and chads. The same people who wouldn’t have even looked at her in high school.

I’ll stand by my belief that landwhales, when in a position of “power,” are much crueler to ugly men than chads and Stacie’s are. The chads and foids have been excluding us their entire lives. But the landwhales are much more enthusiastic and cut-throat about it.

I’d much rather have a chad or foid supervisor than a hideous landwhale. Even bulldykes are okay in my book. The landwhales have a vehement hatred for ugly men that I’ve never witnessed before.

If that is the case then you do not have the right qualification. You are in a field of work that is oversaturated with employees or you have no qualification and just want to do a job everybody can do. You need to qualify yourself. Like get a license for driving a wheel loader or something. You need to get a qualification not everybody has.

It’s you and most ugly guys and/or those non-Chad males with “liberal arts” degrees. I applied for 30 different jobs and finally got one but that was because you were working 60 hours a week for 30k so minimum wage but full-time and no Starcucks college fund or anything.

And this won't work either. NEET is hard to get, at least here in Germany. Get a trade? A trade in what? Being self-employed is almost impossible today for a man. So, it is actually pretty much over for man in general. You really have to get lucky to work in a low-level workplace. This workplace will be almost absolutely physical for a man. Now, once you are out you most likely have nothing. No job experience, no car, no driver licence and still live with your parents. Having no driver licence is pretty much a death sentence for a man. You will not only get mogged by stinky holes, you will even get declined from various jobs because of it. Also you are limited of what jobs you can get in the first place. You cannot work as a driver (delivery). DHL are still looking for people and the payment is somewhat decent. You can actually make a living by that. But since you are limited you cannot do that. Also do not forget the distance between you and your future workplace. Most likely, companies expect you to have a driver licence. You cannot even work as a janitor. This is why I pretty much insist on this one.

To describe the vicious circle: No foundation = no job experience = no money = no driver licence = no job

Or in other words: Once you are out as a man, you are truly out.

Yep it’s just an extension of high school.

People either lucked into their job or they networked their way into it.

Hideous landwhale managers favor foids and chads because, for once in their life, they are accepted by them.

At my last job the ugly landwhale supervisor would only associate with the young foids and chads. The same people who wouldn’t have even looked at her in high school.

I’ll stand by my belief that landwhales, when in a position of “power,” are much crueler to ugly men than chads and Stacie’s are. The chads and foids have been excluding us their entire lives. But the landwhales are much more enthusiastic and cut-throat about it.

I’d much rather have a chad or foid supervisor than a hideous landwhale. Even bulldykes are okay in my book. The landwhales have a vehement hatred for ugly men that I’ve never witnessed before.
So fucking relatable