Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

is it possible to become addicted to affection?

Zaphod2.0

Zaphod2.0

Recruit
★★★★
due to idealization, deprivation, among other factors. Is it possible that when we experience or ascend we become dependent on this feeling/gesture?
In a hypothetical scenario where a woman comes along and gives you a chance to experience hugs, affection, LOVE. So in our cases, it doesn't help at all to receive LOVE?
I was questioning this just now :fuk::feelsrope:

Yes, i believe so.

yes if you ever manage to ascend you will be super clingy and dependent on the foid which will turn her off from you. JFL for most people they get attached to a foid if she even smiles at you. chads and foids have gotten exposed to it enough that it's just a natural fact so if they leave the relationship they know they can always get it somewhere else. if you aren't like that, JFL it never even began for you.

Last edited:
for you become an addict, and you are aware that it is temporary. Aware that you will not be able to entertain/satisfy her for long. That would be the end, like every addict you would not be able to endure for long, something bad will happen

yes if you ever manage to ascend you will be super clingy and dependent on the foid which will turn her off from you. JFL for most people they get attached to a foid if she even smiles at you. chads and foids have gotten exposed to it enough that it's just a natural fact so if they leave the relationship they know they can always get it somewhere else. if you aren't like that, JFL it never even began for you.
yes. I am very curious and longing for a warm hug, among other affections. At the same time I am afraid, because I would certainly become completely dependent on them. And it's quite possible that when it's all over, I'll come back much worse than I already was.

In my experience yes. And I did feel quite dependent after the dust settled. It was just hugs but I wish I never experienced affection because that's all I've ever wanted since deep down. It made me feel whole for once which is apparently unacceptable. I also tried to curtail any clinginess but anything can be considered clingy, even simply caring. I feel like the definition is very subjective since I've seen very clingy behavior considered as normal and vice versa

Is a starving man an addict and simply experiencing withdrawal symptoms of no longer eating food?
Is the same man seeing a worsening of his addiction because, after having had three meals a day for a while, he is still anxious about starvation?

Humans need quality affection for a healthy mind like they need quality food for a healthy body. To deprive them of either and to tell them that they need to stop feeling entitled to or that they don't deserve either is cruelty.

Edit: By the way, after a while, a starving man stops feeling hunger, too, because his brain has adapted to the state of starvation, and if he resumes eating too quickly, he dies of refeeding syndrome. Like a heroin addict who was clean for years, has lost all of his tolerance, and during a relapse shoots up a dose as high as he did during the peak of his former use. He fucking dies.

Does that mean that food is just an addiction? Fuck no.

Last edited:
It's possible to become addicted to it.