Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is Rick and Morty still a thing?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I remember it being hugely popular in 2017 and 2018 but it seems the trend completely died since no one talks about it anymore. I still see the merchandise collecting dust in comic book, videogame or other geek stores but I don't think the show is relevant anymore.

Kinda like the Simpsons or Family guy that are still airing but nobody cares anymore. I think people are just tired of western adult animation that it's just sex jokes, swearing and celebrity cameos kek what was innovative in the 1990s and 2000s has become just another trope. The last modern adult cartoon I really enjoyed was Mr Pickles because it didn't take itself seriously and was just edgy shock humor instead of trying to be deep.

One big death blow for it's popularity is when Justin Roiland got metoo'd and booted off the show.

It's still active, its on its 7th season now I think.

The hype for it simply fell off, normies only gave a shit about it because it was popular at the time, once it stopped being popular normies herded over en masse to the next popular thing like they do with everything.

Like the guy above mentioned the creator get me too'd

I think the creator was also the voice of rick one of the main characters but the new voice acting sounds almost identical, its just that the latest episodes are really fucking bad, I tried watching a couple myself and the show just felt painfully bad so I will probably not return to the show ever again.

It's on its 7th season, I personally lost all interest once roiland got fired

It's still active, its on its 7th season now I think.

The hype for it simply fell off, normies only gave a shit about it because it was popular at the time, once it stopped being popular normies herded over en masse to the next popular thing like they do with everything.

Like the guy above mentioned the creator get me too'd

I think the creator was also the voice of rick one of the main characters but the new voice acting sounds almost identical, its just that the latest episodes are really fucking bad, I tried watching a couple myself and the show just felt painfully bad so I will probably not return to the show ever again.
Roiland voiced both Rick and Morty and some other characters on the show.
Rick and Morty was a creation that was near and dear to him, he was honestly the only one who made it funny.
Almost all of his dialogue was adlibbed too.
The fact he got fired from his own cartoon after being falsely accursed of rape by some foid and never got rehired just shows how simpy the western animation industry is.
They'll take the word of a woman as fact, no matter what.
Even after it's common knowledge by now that foids in the entertainment industry lie bout rape all the time.

Roiland voiced both Rick and Morty and some other characters on the show.
Rick and Morty was a creation that was near and dear to him, he was honestly the only one who made it funny.
Almost all of his dialogue was adlibbed too.
The fact he got fired from his own cartoon after being falsely accursed of rape by some foid and never got rehired just shows how simpy the western animation industry is.
They'll take the word of a woman as fact, no matter what.
Even after it's common knowledge by now that foids in the entertainment industry lie bout rape all the time.
Thanks for the extra info, so it was never concrete he even did anything? JFL @ this circus world.

Seems he was more important than I originally knew, its no wonder the 7th season is so dogshit, no one should waste their time watching the 7th season.

Thanks for the extra info, so it was never concrete he even did anything? JFL @ this circus world.

Seems he was more important than I originally knew, its no wonder the 7th season is so dogshit, no one should waste their time watching the 7th season.
Some allegations were flying around saying he groomed some underage foids online.
He's been let off, but his name and reputation has been absolutely fucking tarnished.

Honestly, Rick and Morty looked like one of those cartoons that was better off being short, but sweet, rather than going on for multiple seasons.
The extremely toxic, retarded fanbase and that mcdonalds szechuan sauce debacle also helped drag the series name through the mud.
Seriously, Rick and Morty fanfags genuinely believed they were geniuses, all because they watch a cartoon that is a parody of back to the future.

ptvYx5.gif

Last edited:
Some allegations were flying around saying he groomed some underage foids online.
He's been let off, but his name and reputation has been absolutely fucking tarnished.
Oh so basically what happened to johnny depp, and how he lost some movie roles?
Honestly, Rick and Morty looked like one of those cartoons that was better off being short, but sweet, rather than going on for multiple seasons.
The extremely toxic, retarded fanbase and that mcdonalds szechuan sauce debacle also helped drag the series name through the mud.
Seriously, Rick and Morty fanfags genuinely believed they were geniuses, all because they watch a cartoon that is a parody of back to the future.
Yeah I think so, it seemed to do ok having a sort of over arching story to it though with the whole evil morty thing, it had an evil morty episode in season 7 but it was complete dogshit, the episode was just 2 ricks fighting, they kept killing each other over and over and coming back to life it was so fucking retarded and it was constant for several minutes on end, I almost encourage you watch it to see how fucking retarded it is.

I thought the whole rick and morty viewers having a high IQ thing was a meme that was not really real.

I guess I thought the whole rick killing his wife's killer would be the main arc of the show but for some reason they decided to do that mid season so there is not point of the show anymore

Third season was the last decent one. You can read what fans have to say about the new seasons. The show experienced a huge decline after Justin Roiland was fired.

Rick became overpowered. We felt a sense of insecurity when Rick was in danger. Now he can get away with anything. If his body is destroyed, his consciousness will be transferred to one of his many robotic bodies in the garage, so what is the point of worrying about his safety?

The first episodes had a moment of redemption for each character. While they fought and insulted each other, they somehow always found a way of reconciling. Now it seems that they hate each other for no reason. Hate just for the sake it. So Rick and Morty just became the most unlikeable versions of themselves, and their bond is close to non-existent.

Everyone is talking about Justin Roiland, but the show also depends on Dan Harmon, who is autistic and uses it to vent his political frustrations.

Rick became overpowered. We felt a sense of insecurity when Rick was in danger. Now he can get away with anything. If his body is destroyed, his consciousness will be transferred to one of his many robotic bodies in the garage, so what is the point of worrying about his safety?
There was an episode in the 7th season that was fucking HORRIBLE for this.

The episode spent 10-15 minutes of 2 ricks fighting, they constantly kept killing each other yet kept coming back to life, for 10 minutes straight it was so stupid.

Yeah I think so, it seemed to do ok having a sort of over arching story to it though with the whole evil morty thing, it had an evil morty episode in season 7 but it was complete dogshit, the episode was just 2 ricks fighting, they kept killing each other over and over and coming back to life it was so fucking retarded and it was constant for several minutes on end, I almost encourage you watch it to see how fucking retarded it is.
What was the name of that season 7 episode?

Roiland is probably a virgin.
They caught him DMing underage girls.
That almost proves he is virgin.
Because famous people dont dm people

What was the name of that season 7 episode?
It's season 7 episode 5

I just took a quick screenshot of the episode, this is basically half the episode them killing each other.

No
New seasons make my head hurt
Too much epilepsy fuel and too much stuff going on and more confusion

I recently watched s6 and s7 and the bong i bought has Rick and Morty design

Rick and Morty is Normie stuff

It was pretty good in its first seasons, though it got woke fast and that is before the creator got metoo-ed. pretty much tv sloppa.