Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Isolating oneself: smart or cowardly?

Self-isolation or at least minimizing social interactions is…

• smart.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • cowardice.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • sometimes good and sometimes bad, it depends.

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
iblamemyself

iblamemyself

Overlord
★★★★★
What are your thoughts?

I read a bunch of philosophy, predominantly stoicism and zen Buddhism, and there are different opinions on the topic.

Many philosophers say that isolation is an advantage for different reasons. It allows you to think more clearly and to focus on yourself and what’s important to you rather than getting distracted by society.

But there are also philosophers who say that isolation is cowardice. They say that self-isolators try to avoid negative experiences, which are a certainty in life that should be faced with courage, and at the same time self-isolators miss out on interesting and positive experiences and life lessons.

My thoughts:

I tend to think it's smart.

When I look back, I almost always regretted being social. It usually led to disappointment, hostility, trauma, embarrassment, humiliation or simply to nothing at all. Sometimes it led to friendship, fun, kindness and constructive criticism, but this is rare.

A lot of interactions and social scenes seem artificial and there’s usually someone else that benefits. This is the case for the work place and school. Work is just there to benefit Jews, school was designed as an mk ultra program to traumatize you into becoming an NPC wage slave beta cuck who would willingly benefit Jews.

I tend to think that self-isolation is smart, because the world has nothing to offer. Social scenes are designed, engineered or at least heavily influenced in order to condition you to be a certain way. Good experiences come from conformity and the life lessons you receive in society are not for your benefit, but for the benefit of others. If I had listened to others, I would have become a depressed NPC wage slave who “respects women”.

Just go where the wind blows, being ignorant to other sides of life is not good

It can be good and bad sometimes.

If these 'interesting and positive experiences and life lessons' consist in others ignoring, mocking, belittling, humiliating you then they probably aren't worth experiencing.