Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Its a myth that manlets are stronger than tall guys

Midwestcel

Midwestcel

Banned
-
I know many cope with "muh short guys are stronger than tall fags" but that is a cope. When I was a teenager, I went to this gym where the strongest guys were 6'2-6'5 frame maxxed Tyrones. They were bench pressing 450-500 pounds overhead pressing 225 and more squatting 500+ pounds and they weren't fat asses either. I only saw one short guy (but he was 5'8 or 5'9) come anywhere near that. He was a Mexican.

One Tyrone was an ex drug dealer who said he started lifting weights in prison. He was 6'4 and a solid 260 pounds and had a 500 pound 1 rep max on the bench and did a 315 pound overhead press.

It's a cope that manlets are stronger.

Depends on your definition of a manlet but I have knocked out a 6’3’ guy who was skinny, but to be fair I’m 5’8’ (at best) and I lift often.

look at the competition Arnold Strongman Classic, the last winners
2018,2019-Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson 206 cm (6 ft 9 in)
2017-Brian Shaw 6 ft 8 in (203 cm)
2016-Žydrūnas Savickas 191 cm (6 ft 3 in)
2015-Brian Shaw 6 ft 8 in (203 cm)

Even the laws of physics are against manlets.

Suifuel for manlet gymcels.
Even the laws of physics are against manlets.

yeah myth is imaginary history that alters the truths

A manlet could totally knock out a lanklet

Who cares, strength doesn't win a fight, it's about aggression and the ability to make good use of your physical advantages. Taller guys have more defense and hitting power due to their size, but they tire out faster and move slower than shorter guys.

Water is wet.

I hate being so weak

Fuck my genetics for making me a Manlet tbh

Who cares, strength doesn't win a fight, it's about aggression and the ability to make good use of your physical advantages. Taller guys have more defense and hitting power due to their size, but they tire out faster and move slower than shorter guys.
Add a knife to the manlet and the tall guy is over

I know many cope with "muh short guys are stronger than tall fags" but that is a cope.
6'2-6'5 frame maxxed Tyrones.
They were bench pressing 450-500 pounds
overhead pressing 225 and more
squatting 500+ pounds

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding the roots of this idea, or perhaps reacting to people who misunderstand it.

Small size is often more about RELATIVE strength. IE it's easier to squat 4x your bodyweight if you are 5 feet tall than if you are 7 feet tall. That doesn't make your ABSOLUTE strength any higher though. If the 5foot guy is 100 pounds and the 7foot guy is 200 pounds, the 5ft guy only needs to squat 400lbs and the 7ft guy needs to squat 800lbs. So despite having identical "relative" strength, the bigger guy has more ABSOLUTE strength. The 5ft guy could squat 500 and have MORE "relative" strength, but still be 300 pounds less "absolutely" strong.

Now, given identical bodyweights and different heights, the small guy has less bone and other tissue to account for his weight, so more of that weight can be muscle. Given different heights and both having the same % muscle, the taller guy will be stronger.

A third factor is the length of certain levers, which is more about the ratio of your body parts to each other than it has to do with absolute size.

Basically: if you have a long torso, if you're bending over with a bar on your back, that's a further distance from your hip joint so it takes more strength to hold it that way. This is why guys with short torsos do well in squats/good mornings/deadlifts.

Also: if you have long arms, you don't have to bend forward as far to get your shoulders close enough to the ground, so that's why short-torso long-arm guys do better tat this lift.

Short-arm thick-torso guys do better at bench press though, because they don't have to move the bar as far. That has nothing to do with their absolute size, of course, but more like their measurements relative to whatever weight class they're competing at.

Basically, if you take a pair of 200 pound guys each at 10% body fat and who have equally twiggy legs who focus only on arm developement... if one of them is 4ft tall with 2ft long arms, and the other is 6ft tall with 3ft long arms, the short-arm guy is going to kick ass at that bench press simply because of how that lift is designed: he doesn't have to do as much work, because he only has to move the bar 2/3 the distance.

Outside the design of the lift, the long-arm guy will function better in LIFE though, because he has more overall strength. He will punch harder, because his punches accelerate over a longer distance.

Who ever said that manlets are stronger?

Only these types of manlets are strong
Hank

But on average tallfags have a huge advantage.

Manlets (I'm a manlet) cope with gym not realizing that the only reason why they appear stronger is because of range of motion. Manlets don't have to push the bar up as much as tallfags and that's why they lift more. A tallfag has to work harder because he has to push the bar up further so he's probably stronger than you even if he benches less than you.

You're assuming that most people are trained fighters. Watch some YouTube street fights and you'll see otherwise. Also, all things being equal, the stronger guy wins.

Sure, you can put a 5'5 Asian martial arts master against a 6'5 oaf and say "see size and strength doesn't matter" but what if the 6'5 guy is also a martial arts master?

it's all about the mass. frame+height = max possible mass

the steroetype comes from the past as manlets gymcelled more in those days and we're more agressive which would allow them to win fights. but nowadays everyone hits the gym resulting in this no longer being a thing

You're assuming that most people are trained fighters. Watch some YouTube street fights and you'll see otherwise. Also, all things being equal, the stronger guy wins.

Sure, you can put a 5'5 Asian martial arts master against a 6'5 oaf and say "see size and strength doesn't matter" but what if the 6'5 guy is also a martial arts master?
True, i'm just coping hard

If a manlet wants to win a fight, he's gonna need healthy teeth and strong nails.

A manlet could totally knock out a lanklet
yea, but it’s game over if y’all guy gymmaxxes he will be at an advantage. in fact tall gymmaxxers are just taking the piss tbh

I know many cope with "muh short guys are stronger than tall fags" but that is a cope. When I was a teenager, I went to this gym where the strongest guys were 6'2-6'5 frame maxxed Tyrones. They were bench pressing 450-500 pounds overhead pressing 225 and more squatting 500+ pounds and they weren't fat asses either. I only saw one short guy (but he was 5'8 or 5'9) come anywhere near that. He was a Mexican.

One Tyrone was an ex drug dealer who said he started lifting weights in prison. He was 6'4 and a solid 260 pounds and had a 500 pound 1 rep max on the bench and did a 315 pound overhead press.

Let's be real though, those guys roid up a ton in prison.

Brutal thread ngl, tallfags just have to always win.

Brutal thread ngl, tallfags just have to always win.
Never began.
tbh most tall people are lanklets by nature, they are nimble hunter gatherers lmao, short men are natural farmers so they gain more muscle. steroids leveled the fields in a way so now tall men are ahead, since they’re now by science allowed to gain more mass than their biology is supposed to allow them

tbh most tall people are lanklets by nature, they are nimble hunter gatherers lmao, short men are natural farmers so they gain more muscle. steroids leveled the fields in a way so now tall men are ahead, since they’re now by science allowed to gain more mass than their biology is supposed to allow them
Taller men tend to have more impressive physiques when they gym maxx. Wasn't Arnold Swarzenneger like 6'3 or 6'4? Put prime Arnold next to a manlet bodybuilder and the mogging would be epic.

Taller men tend to have more impressive physiques when they gym maxx. Wasn't Arnold Swarzenneger like 6'3 or 6'4? Put prime Arnold next to a manlet bodybuilder and the mogging would be epic.
that’s what i meant to say. and franco columbo was pretty good tho ngl, but he stands out comparatively

Manlets just won't give up on this point. They think with enough steroids, gymcelling and mma training that they can mog these 6'4, 240 lb guys in physical dominance.

M-manlets are stronger bro!

???????????????????????? when has this even been a myth???????????????????? I have literally never heard of manlets being stronger than tall guys who tf are you talking to?

theres weight classes for a reason. most heavyweights are over 6ft unless theyre roided freaks like mike tyson

Being short is usually good for bodybuilding, not so much for being actually strong. Only thing manletism gives you an advantage in is bench press, because your t-rex arms have a smaller range of motion.

I think the OP is saying that it’s a myth that the avg manlet is stronger than the avg tall guy.. assuming the avg tall guy is a spaggettified version of the average short guy, which isn’t true. The myth probabaly comes from the possibility that manlets are maybe more likely to gymmax, and muscles are associated with strength.

those worlds strongest men are legit scaled up humans. The competition is based on absolute strength, like how many pounds u can lift, not how many pounds relative to body weight.. But I doubt they are stronger pound for pound than anyone else.

it’s prolly the same thing with sprinters. Usain bolt is 6’5” and th fastest man alive. Height + long limbs + African ancestry + he’s just a general genetic freak. But he probably isn’t the fastest person in terms of body length covered per second, which is how relative animal speed is measured.

The distinguishment ratio decreases the more the tall guy works, and at a faster rate because of height superiority.
Per every level of martial arts prowess (completely malleable on the average unless the guy is uncoordinated and retarded).
So height and muscle will give him power in situations even if he's done only about half the same labor work as the short chink. And the bell curve exists for people who are only motivated in accordance with ego. And you don't have to put your heart into it as a tall guy to catch up to most manlets, so you still have time to get laid, enjoy life, etc. Lmao, martial arts master, martial arts is just a euphemism for "the skillset of disadvantaged combatic desperation", and it makes sense asians would invent it, everything that's Chinks need OCD to survive. It's kind of funny tbh.

An Asian told me "me: dude why are you so insecure about shit, remembering everything, being sensitive, what the fuck". And he said "bro look at us we're short and all look the same, we need to be OCD to have a life".

lol at gigacopes with "pound for pound" comparison

it's like an incel saying he gets a similar amount of girls as chad on a "pound for pound" basis in relation to their PSL rating

in absolute strength a tallfag will always win.

only in powerlfiting where they have weight classes do short guys sometimes win and even then I think it is overrated to be short - john haack is 5'10 and holds the record in the 181 class where most guys are 5'6.

basically short people have no reason to live as the song says.

I think perhaps you are misunderstanding the roots of this idea, or perhaps reacting to people who misunderstand it.

Small size is often more about RELATIVE strength. IE it's easier to squat 4x your bodyweight if you are 5 feet tall than if you are 7 feet tall. That doesn't make your ABSOLUTE strength any higher though. If the 5foot guy is 100 pounds and the 7foot guy is 200 pounds, the 5ft guy only needs to squat 400lbs and the 7ft guy needs to squat 800lbs. So despite having identical "relative" strength, the bigger guy has more ABSOLUTE strength. The 5ft guy could squat 500 and have MORE "relative" strength, but still be 300 pounds less "absolutely" strong.

Now, given identical bodyweights and different heights, the small guy has less bone and other tissue to account for his weight, so more of that weight can be muscle. Given different heights and both having the same % muscle, the taller guy will be stronger.

A third factor is the length of certain levers, which is more about the ratio of your body parts to each other than it has to do with absolute size.

Basically: if you have a long torso, if you're bending over with a bar on your back, that's a further distance from your hip joint so it takes more strength to hold it that way. This is why guys with short torsos do well in squats/good mornings/deadlifts.

Also: if you have long arms, you don't have to bend forward as far to get your shoulders close enough to the ground, so that's why short-torso long-arm guys do better tat this lift.

Short-arm thick-torso guys do better at bench press though, because they don't have to move the bar as far. That has nothing to do with their absolute size, of course, but more like their measurements relative to whatever weight class they're competing at.

Basically, if you take a pair of 200 pound guys each at 10% body fat and who have equally twiggy legs who focus only on arm developement... if one of them is 4ft tall with 2ft long arms, and the other is 6ft tall with 3ft long arms, the short-arm guy is going to kick ass at that bench press simply because of how that lift is designed: he doesn't have to do as much work, because he only has to move the bar 2/3 the distance.

Outside the design of the lift, the long-arm guy will function better in LIFE though, because he has more overall strength. He will punch harder, because his punches accelerate over a longer distance.
/thread

I have seen tall blokes way stronger than me so I think its a myth

Yeah people confuse bodystrength to body weight ratios with absolute strength. A five foot seven gymlet can bust out pull-ups all day, a 6ft 5 ogre is always going to struggle because of his sheer mass. Doesn’t mean the ogre is less strong though.

And mass counts for everything, unless you have a large skill differential in a fight. I did bjj and routinely got blasted by bigger guys, they could have beaten me one handed. Likewise I remember dominating some really small guys (I was that mid range size where I could be paired high or loe depending on who was around).

Yeah people confuse bodystrength to body weight ratios with absolute strength. A five foot seven gymlet can bust out pull-ups all day, a 6ft 5 ogre is always going to struggle because of his sheer mass. Doesn’t mean the ogre is less strong though.
It means they're less relatively strong, but not less absolutely strong.

IE a squirrel is more relatively strong than any human when you look at how quickly they climb shit and how far they jump.

Ants/spiders even moreso.

And mass counts for everything, unless you have a large skill differential in a fight. I did bjj and routinely got blasted by bigger guys, they could have beaten me one handed. Likewise I remember dominating some really small guys (I was that mid range size where I could be paired high or loe depending on who was around).
Grappling sounds interesting. Untrained guys like me probably do have a huge skill difference from guys who have at least done a basic intro to grappling though, I'd probably go into a shocked panic if someone grabbed me or I had to grab them.

Probably the biggest hurdle in skill is actually just getting accustomed to doing that so you can keep your head. Drilling techniques as reflexes is just icing.

Grappling sounds interesting. Untrained guys like me probably do have a huge skill difference from guys who have at least done a basic intro to grappling though, I'd probably go into a shocked panic if someone grabbed me or I had to grab them.

Probably the biggest hurdle in skill is actually just getting accustomed to doing that so you can keep your head. Drilling techniques as reflexes is just icing.

If you had ~25lbs weight/muscle on me, we would be even back when I trained, now I would lose. General consensus was 20-30lbs was basically the equivalent to a belt in terms of skill, as a very rough yardstick. It can be very frustrating as a smaller beginner, because the way you get good is getting people into a position you can execute a technique, then practicing that technique over and over so you learn to apply it properly. If you aren't strong enough, you can't ever do that, so you can't ever learn good technique (in a real resistive situation). Against some guys I would have 3 minutes of rolling and spend the entire thing deadlocked unable to do anything, desperately trying to not get submitted myself. I ended up qutting because it was 2 hours of driving there and back, and some noob stripeless white belt decided to dumb me on my neck whilst trying to break my closed guard, then bear down with all his weight, because winning a move was more important than not possibly paralysing me. Fucking asshole.

It was fun though, I do kind of want to do it again. Extremely useful even knowing the basics of how to handle someone and how body mechanics work, I always laugh/cringe when I see videos of british police trying to take down people for an arrest. They have absolutely no idea what they are doing, often clinging onto someones arm like a dog with its favorite stick, and thinking they can somehow control someone with it.

Where the muscle is might matter too. 25 pounds extra muscle on the legs vs 25 pounds extra muscle on the arms, for example, would need to be used a little differently.

I always laugh/cringe when I see videos of british police trying to take down people for an arrest.
They have absolutely no idea what they are doing,
often clinging onto someones arm like a dog with its favorite stick,
and thinking they can somehow control someone with it.
Well I you can control them SOMEWHAT, really ANY kind of grappling will have them below 100%, but getting someone down to 10% is a lot better than getting them down to merely 90%.

It might be possible they're trying to get more than 1 limb but just aren't able to because the guy's good at resisting.