Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Brutal John List: the man who killed his family because of brutal humilation and who successfully created a new identity

Gymcelled

Gymcelled

Genetically shackled to hell
★★★★★
John List is a man who murdered his wife, his 3 kids and his mother methodically when he snapped one day. He fled, created a new identity and lived his new life with a new wife for almost 2 decades. Why did he do such a thing? Let's look at the course of his life. Btw this isn't a "defense" ( :soy: ) of John List but rather an attempt to understand his mental state.

He was a veteran of the Korean war and married a widow whose husband died in that war. He worked as the vice president of a bank (status and moneymaxxing)
The Rev. Louis Grother, List’s pastor at Zion Lutheran Church in Kalamazoo, Mich., 10 years later, called List a ″hard-working, deeply moral″ man.

His wife had syphilis (supposedly from her 1st husband), which made her semi-invalid and made her blind in one eye. And you know what? She hid it from her husband and only admitted to it when her condition deteriorated. John List was a very religious, very conservative man, you can imagine how he felt when he found out. Plus rumor started spreading about his wife using drugs (which she also did) and having syphilis.

“To find his wife having a venereal disease was morally, ethically and religiously a very hard thing for him to accept,” Dr. Sheldon Miller, a psychiatrist who examined List, testified.

Dr. Henry Liss, a neurologist, testified that Helen drank four or five glasses of Scotch a day, and was addicted to tranquilizers.

And you know what else? She loved talking shit and humiliating her husband, making disparaging comments about him as a man.

Despite her frailty, she dominated List and taunted him, saying if he was “half the man her first husband was, the family wouldn’t have the troubles they were having,” according to the courtroom account of the Rev. Edward Saresky, who had been the Lists’ minister in Rochester.

So a drug addicted, STD ridden whore who doesn't do anything all day talks shit to her husband, blames him for everything and attracts shame to her rural town. :worryfeels: Brutal

There was also a bit about his daughter practicing witchcraft (you can imagine how this would shame him seeing as he was deeply religious) but i couldn't find any details on that.

But now now you might ask: "ok so why did it take him so many years to snap? What pushed him over the edge". Well he got fired from his job. He described his job as his "dream job". The humiliation was so great he tried to hide it from his wife and keep his routine.

“His degree of humiliation and embarrassment reached the point where he couldn’t tell his wife he had lost his job,” psychologist Alan M. Goldstein testified Monday. For a while, until Helen List discovered the truth, List would leave the house every morning in his suit and tie, and hide out all day at the railroad station.

He got another job but that job was shit and didn't pay well enough to maintain their quality of life.

He found work as an insurance salesman, but his was hardly the personality for it. He also did some independent accounting work, but did not earn much that way either. Gradually, he depleted his mother’s $200,000 savings, the last few thousand of which was withdrawn just before he fled, investigators have said.

That is when he decided to kill his family. He said he couldn't take the shame and knew they'd sink to poverty and would be "exposed to evil". In his mind the murders were a way to send them to heaven and spare them from "the evil of this world".

He methodically killed them one by one. First his wife, shot in the head while she was having her morning coffee and the kids were off to school. He then went up and shot his mom who was lying in bed. Then he killed the kids one by one as they came back from school. His last kid had a soccer game. John list went there to spectate and cheer him on like everything was normal despite the fact he had murdered the rest of his family :worryfeels:

He drove him home and shot him in the head, but his son survived (???) and started struggling so he shot him 9 more times (seems really excessive)

He placed all the bodies of his family on a sheet, covered their face and left a note to his pastor. He left the house with some lights and music on, sent a letter to the school saying he'd be on vacation for a few weeks and his children wouldn't be in school. It took a month for his neighbor to call the police to investigate.

In a five-page letter to his pastor, found on the desk in his study, List claimed that he saw too much evil in the world, and he had killed his family to save their souls. He then cleaned the various crime scenes, removed his own picture from family photographs in the house, tuned a radio to a religious station, and departed.

He moved to another state, used another name (Bob Clark), got a new job, joined a Lutharian congregation and married another woman.

In 1989, Fox's "America's Most Wanted" show aired an episode which included a clay bust of an aged version of John List, which actually turned out to be incredibly accurate :feelswow::feelswow::feelswow: That's how they caught him

In the second pic the bust is on the right, and the real John List is on the left.

Tbh John List was a deeply troubled individual desperate to religionmaxx, moneymaxx, statusmaxxed for the recognition of his family and his community. He wasn't an incel, though I'm sure that won't stop ITcels and soys from saying so :feelsseriously:

I think he's a good example of a guy trying to live a normal life who got mentally destroyed and soul crushed by both his wife and his loss of a dream job. Still his ability to carefully plan out such murders and live as if nothing happened is pretty unsettling. The part where he went to his kid's soccer game disturbs me the most :worryfeels:

Last edited:
Society & the behaviour of those supposed yo be in our corner just keep pushing on ya, some push back.

IF he was just good looking he won't ever bother copeMAXING by religion , country love , work ... . good looks will give you a high sense of good enoughness and worth that you won't bother to TRY to have or do something to prove yourself worthy . i sued to be a nerd , religiousmaxing , following the rules , being a perfect son , friend , ... . but i alwasy keep getting shit from everyone teacher , family , "friends" , bullied af by man and women . UNTIL i realized that i was doing all of this because of the deep sense of not good enoughness and unworthiness i used to have and if i was just good looking all of that will be cured because of more positive validation from people .
i waste my life trying to prove that i am worthy while chads just exist and get all the worth he needs . now after the black pilland discovering the truths of life , i am more at peace , confident and steady .
tbh i was john list in the making and i still fantasize about killing and harming everyone who harmed me or just bad .

IF he was just good looking he won't ever bother copeMAXING by religion , country love , work ... . good looks will give you a high sense of good enoughness and worth that you won't bother to TRY to have or do something to prove yourself worthy . i sued to be a nerd , religiousmaxing , following the rules , being a perfect son , friend , ... . but i alwasy keep getting shit from everyone teacher , family , "friends" , bullied af by man and women . UNTIL i realized that i was doing all of this because of the deep sense of not good enoughness and unworthiness i used to have and if i was just good looking all of that will be cured because of more positive validation from people .
i waste my life trying to prove that i am worthy while chads just exist and get all the worth he needs . now after the black pilland discovering the truths of life , i am more at peace , confident and steady .
tbh i was john list in the making and i still fantasize about killing and harming everyone who harmed me or just bad .
Yes this all stems from not feeling worthy and wanting to compensate, to make up for your short comings, to prove everyone wrong.

And sadly it rarely works so people get into this vicious spiral of trying harder and harder until they either snap or become numb. Most of the time people rope or rot/ldar. He snapped and went ERish on his family.

Good looking people don't worry like this and don't have to face such hardships

they just exist while all the TRY hard guys just hands them everything even without realizing . i used to help my chadlite friend even when he actually do not give a FUCK about me or care what so ever but he doesn't treat me badly , we used to go to school together . i used to try to help him in school without expecting and having nothing from him . on of course he had more fun life then i do and knew many girls (didn't fuck them becasue our country is religious ) , but his father told my incel father that some women asked my friend for marriage and he he is 22 JFL .

Should have just tedmaxxed in the woods.

I cant feel empathy for anyone who kills children even if he is fucked in head, why did he killed his kids to spare them of this vile world yet he chose to live in it. I will say the same things i say to foids in toxic/abusive relationships : just walk away, no one is holding you down.

I cant feel empathy for anyone who kills children even if he is fucked in head, why did he killed his kids to spare them of this vile world yet he chose to live in it.
Same, the part about killing the kids disturbs me. And even his mom. Though his mom was really old at least.

Yes this all stems from not feeling worthy and wanting to compensate, to make up for your short comings, to prove everyone wrong.

And sadly it rarely works so people get into this vicious spiral of trying harder and harder until they either snap or become numb. Most of the time people rope or rot/ldar. He snapped and went ERish on his family.

There is no internal need to prove oneself,there is just being validated and happily existing,but not for us :feelsrope: :feelsrope: :feelsrope:

John List is a man who murdered his wife, his 3 kids and his mother methodically when he snapped one day. He fled, created a new identity and lived his new life with a new wife for almost 2 decades. Why did he do such a thing? Let's look at the course of his life. Btw this isn't a "defense" ( :soy: ) of John List but rather an attempt to understand his mental state.

View attachment 334296

He was a veteran of the Korean war and married a widow whose husband died in that war. He worked as the vice president of a bank (status and moneymaxxing)

His wife had syphilis (supposedly from her 1st husband), which made her semi-invalid and made her blind in one eye. And you know what? She hid it from her husband and only admitted to it when her condition deteriorated. John List was a very religious, very conservative man, you can imagine how he felt when he found out. Plus rumor started spreading about his wife using drugs (which she also did) and having syphilis.

View attachment 334307

And you know what else? She loved talking shit and humiliating her husband, making disparaging comments about him as a man.

So a drug addicted, STD ridden whore who doesn't do anything all day talks shit to her husband, blames him for everything and attracts shame to her rural town. :worryfeels: Brutal

There was also a bit about his daughter practicing witchcraft (you can imagine how this would shame him seeing as he was deeply religious) but i couldn't find any details on that.

But now now you might ask: "ok so why did it take him so many years to snap? What pushed him over the edge". Well he got fired from his job. He described his job as his "dream job". The humiliation was so great he tried to hide it from his wife and keep his routine.

He got another job but that job was shit and didn't pay well enough to maintain their quality of life.

That is when he decided to kill his family. He said he couldn't take the shame and knew they'd sink to poverty and would be "exposed to evil". In his mind the murders were a way to send them to heaven and spare them from "the evil of this world".

He methodically killed them one by one. First his wife, shot in the head while she was having her morning coffee and the kids were off to school. He then went up and shot his mom who was lying in bed. Then he killed the kids one by one as they came back from school. His last kid had a soccer game. John list went there to spectate and cheer him on like everything was normal despite the fact he had murdered the rest of his family :worryfeels:

He drove him home and shot him in the head, but his son survived (???) and started struggling so he shot him 9 more times (seems really excessive)

He placed all the bodies of his family on a sheet, covered their face and left a note to his pastor. He left the house with some lights and music on, sent a letter to the school saying he'd be on vacation for a few weeks and his children wouldn't be in school. It took a month for his neighbor to call the police to investigate.

He moved to another state, used another name (Bob Clark), got a new job, joined a Lutharian congregation and married another woman.

In 1989, Fox's "America's Most Wanted" show aired an episode which included a clay bust of an aged version of John List, which actually turned out to be incredibly accurate :feelswow::feelswow::feelswow: That's how they caught him

In the second pic the bust is on the right, and the real John List is on the left.

View attachment 334315

View attachment 334314

Tbh John List was a deeply troubled individual desperate to religionmaxx, moneymaxx, statusmaxxed for the recognition of his family and his community. He wasn't an incel, though I'm sure that won't stop ITcels and soys from saying so :feelsseriously:

I think he's a good example of a guy trying to live a normal life who got mentally destroyed and soul crushed by both his wife and his loss of a dream job. Still his ability to carefully plan out such murders and live as if nothing happened is pretty unsettling. The part where he went to his kid's soccer game disturbs me the most :worryfeels:
He done what was needed with no hesitation. FUCK THE FBI AND FUCK IT

View attachment 334296

View attachment 334307

View attachment 334315

View attachment 334314

Sounds like a backstory of a Jojo villain

he's right to kill the whore i feel sorry for the kids but they shouldn't have existed in the first place
syphilis is congenital so if the mother had syphilis the children too, they would suffer a lot in life

Last edited:
he's right to kill the whore i feel sorry for the kids but they shouldn't have existed in the first place
syphilis is congenital so if the mother had syphilis the children too, they would suffer a lot in life
I didn't even know that :worryfeels:

Yet another argument against promiscuity

View attachment 334296

View attachment 334307

View attachment 334315

View attachment 334314

He did what needed to be done, ironically if there is a heaven he sent all of his children there (doubt the wife made it there though lol)