Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel Just ran 10 miles

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Any other long-distance runner here? What are your personal records? Do you run in countryside or cities? What is your favorite shoes brand?

wtf r u lying?
It's a good but not particularly exceptional performance. My all-time record is 20km (12.4 miles).

It's all about the regularity of your training. You just have to run at least two times a week to see rapid progress. When I was a beginner, 300 meters would fuck me bad, now I'm still breathing calmly after 3000 meters.

Any other long-distance runner here? What are your personal records? Do you run in countryside or cities? What is your favorite shoes brand?
Every honour to you, my guy.
:feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman:

It's a good but not particularly exceptional performance. My all-time record is 20km (12.4 miles).

It's all about the regularity of your training. You just have to run at least two times a week to see rapid progress. When I was a beginner, 300 meters would fuck me bad, now I'm still breathing calmly after 3000 meters.
lol wtf i once ran to work which was like a quarter mile away and i almost threw up

Every honour to you, my guy.
:feelsokman::feelsokman::feelsokman:
Thanks but there's no real merit in it, running is the simplest sport, almost no technique (you just have to run in good shoes and be careful not to land on the heel). You just have to motivate your ass about it every once in a while. After some point it actually becomes an addiction, when I haven't run in a week I now feel bad.

How fast is running? I used to "run" at the gym but then I found out I was doing slow jogging speed with zero incline and running in the real world would give me a heart attack after 10 metres :feelskek:

Also I have a treadmill but its confusing as fuck. It SEEMS to work in kilometres for distance run and speed, yet it was trying to tell me I ran 1.6km in 15 or 16 minutes which I can easily walk, and I was doing a speed that was a reasonable jog.

How fast is running? I used to "run" at the gym but then I found out I was doing slow jogging speed with zero incline and running in the real world would give me a heart attack after 10 metres :feelskek:

Also I have a treadmill but its confusing as fuck. It SEEMS to work in kilometres for distance run and speed, yet it was trying to tell me I ran 1.6km in 15 or 16 minutes which I can easily walk, and I was doing a speed that was a reasonable jog.
I've calculated that sets you at 6.40 km/h, which kinda sucks.

My usual running speed is 10 to 11 km/h. Very trained runners run at 14km/h, pro athletes can reach even higher speeds.

ive been doing HIIT lately but I should do some long-distance running, It can kind of be hypnotic and it certainly takes your mind off your dogshit life. I wish I could run barefoot on the beach, breathe in all that sea air...

What is your mile time OP? I haven’t run in forever. I think I ran a mile in 6:36 in freshman year high school, but my asthma always fucks me up when I try to run very long distances.

I can't even run half a mile without nearly passing out so tons of respect man!

Adidas is the best brand.

Don't you think you're going to destroy your knees over time?

I've always heard long distance running and cycling wasn't good for men.

Screen Shot 2018 08 09 at 41845 PM

https://www.fitmole.org/sprinters-vs-marathon-runners/

Props man that's quite an accomplishment but I agree with the sentiment that long distance will shape you like a twig over time

Started running a while ago, got my resting heart rate from around ~60bpm to 54bpm, and was managing to run a 5K every few nights.
But I got fucking ill. Now my resting heart rate is 73bpm and I'm not allowed to do any physical activity until I'm healthy again. I miss running.

What is your mile time OP? I haven’t run in forever. I think I ran a mile in 6:36 in freshman year high school, but my asthma always fucks me up when I try to run very long distances.
6:30 on average. I'm not a very fast runner because it can take a toll on your health (esp. your back) if you run fast too often.
Don't you think you're going to destroy your knees over time?
This is a myth (srs. I've looked up dozens of articles on this): runners have actually healthier and stronger knees than other people. Cartilage gets repaired and reinforced by the organism when damaged. Join damage is due to these repair subroutines failing with the aging process. When you hear that "someone can't run anymore because of his knees", it's always an old guy.

If you're worried about joint damage anyway, well you can do shorter running sessions with high-intensity intervals.