Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Mentally i didn't live in the 2015-2020

Wastrel

Wastrel

Banned
-
Today I seriously thought about my current life and memories of the past. I feel like I'm mentally stuck in the past. For example, I remember the beginning of 2015 when I was 15 years old and I was in the 9th grade of the school. After that, the further years of my life passed very quickly, especially from the moment I entered the university in 2017. I have a feeling that my life is a complete emptiness, especially since 2015. The years of my life after 2015, I did not feel that I lived in them. This is normal?

I feel like there are two distinct periods in my life: pre-2016 and post-2016. Kind of weird.

I feel like there are two distinct periods in my life: pre-2016 and post-2016. Kind of weird.
For me it's pre 2012 and post 2012.

Feel like post 2020 will stand out because things are getting so much worse so fast
I'm also so out of the loop with current normie culture, I feel like a grandpa leaving in the past. I miss the pre 2010 internet

in more details pls, i want read about your story, feelings about this and reasons about why you feel this.

Weird. But true. Same for me. Second half of the 10's is a brand new chapter in my life : the period during which I lost all illusions and ideological poses.

Anyone else feels like the last couple of years have gone extremely fast? @anon1822
It's so disturbing.

in more details pls, i want read about your story, feelings about this and reasons about why you feel this.
I don't know how to describe it really. It's just that pre-2016 and post-2016 feel like different worlds. Pre-2016 is the distant past. 2016 feels like yesterday. Even looking at memes, pre-2016 memes are extremely outdated, post-2016 memes feel modern. And it's not just like 4 years is significant and next year I'll be saying 2017 is the significant year, or last year I was saying 2015 was the significant year. No, for the past few years now, I remember 2016 being the divide between the old and new world.

I don't know how to describe it really. It's just that pre-2016 and post-2016 feel like different worlds. Pre-2016 is the distant past. 2016 feels like yesterday. Even looking at memes, pre-2016 memes are extremely outdated, post-2016 memes feel modern. And it's not just like 4 years is significant and next year I'll be saying 2017 is the significant year, or last year I was saying 2015 was the significant year. No, for the past few years now, I remember 2016 being the divide between the old and new world.
I feel same.
According to my feelings, the world has been changed since 2016.

View: https://youtu.be/Vm0IEZ-gab0

me too after school i didnt had any real life experiences

No it’s not fucking normal dude, you’re posting on .co now. Something went really wrong

I feel the same way about having that mental break between two distinct periods of time. For me, it's pre-2012 vs post-2012 - I was around your age at the time, too. That was when I caught oneitis for the first time, and it was really really bad. I spent the entirety of high school chasing her, and then when I went to college, I became an alcoholic recluse. As a result, college was sort of a quick blur for me - even though meaningful things still happened during college, I just don't seem to be able to remember them as readily as I do high school.

I think I've successfully moved on from high school and I accept what happened, but it has kind of left me feeling emptier. I wonder if I just placed too much meaning and emphasis on that part of my life, or if it's just inherently more memorable because it happened early on in life. Maybe 15 is just that crucial age where if you don't start doing things right, they start going wrong?

Tbh same. My life sort of just stopped in 2010, I've practically been rotting on my computer 24/7 since then, and I can remember everything past then clear as day, because everything I did since then was meaningless and I achieved no milestones whatsoever, and barely any good memories. Pre-2010 was the happier life for me, when I had plenty of friends, a social life, peers who liked me, etc., a lot of which I have since forgotten or starting to forget. Everything's passed by so fast since then that it's ridiculous. I'm still mind boggled on how this forum is three years old. I don't watch TV at all, so I track the time passing through front page headlines, video games, and computer part updates.

I think back to 2003-2014 or so then see how it's 2020 now & it fills me with an uneasy despair. Time has ticked by & I am utterly alone.

Today I seriously thought about my current life and memories of the past. I feel like I'm mentally stuck in the past. For example, I remember the beginning of 2015 when I was 15 years old and I was in the 9th grade of the school. After that, the further years of my life passed very quickly, especially from the moment I entered the university in 2017. I have a feeling that my life is a complete emptiness, especially since 2015. The years of my life after 2015, I did not feel that I lived in them. This is normal?
you're too young to be stuck in the past

That was a tough time for me as well. I was extremely anxious and depressed.

My life was over by 2012. Since then I've been in a sort of living death. I should have killed myself back then

I think back to 2003-2014 or so then see how it's 2020 now & it fills me with an uneasy despair. Time has ticked by & I am utterly alone.
By 2014 it was obvious we weren't going to be able to go back to simpler times of the 80s and earlier tbh

Thank rap and hip hop culture in a way for that.
Imo rap and hip hop inadvertently redpilled a lot of people that were exposed to it and the more innocent times where this wasn't all in your face are gone.
@WØLF

By 2014 it was obvious we weren't going to be able to go back to simpler times of the 80s and earlier tbh

Thank rap and hip hop culture in a way for that.
Imo rap and hip hop inadvertently redpilled a lot of people that were exposed to it and the more innocent times where this wasn't all in your face are gone.
@WØLF
I remember it started going downhill a year before when everyone wanted to be famous on that vine app and twerking was in every high school That’s also the time my cystic acne was ruining my life

Last edited:
I remember it started going downhill a year before when everyone wanted to be famous on that vine app and twerking was in ever high school That’s also the time my cystic acne was ruining my life
imo anything past 2007 feelsdystopic.
2008 through 2012 sucked. 2013 sucked. 2014 and 2015 were in between but still not as good as pre 2007.

It's been an outlandish crapsack world since 2007 imo.
Not that 2006 was much better but it wasn't as weird as it is now.

Last edited:
imo anything past 2007 feelsdystopic.
2008 through 2012 sucked. 2013 sucked. 2014 and 2015 were in between but still not as good as pre 2007.

It's been an outlandish crapsack world since 2007 imo.
Not that 2006 was much better but it wasn't as weird as it is now.
I miss the wild west internet of basically when it started to say 2006.
Our time has passed John.

I miss the wild west internet of basically when it started to say 2006.
idk the internet of 2006 was pretty empty feeling compared to now.

Our time has passed John.
Cope tbh
It never began.
Yeah things were better in the past but it was still terrible. Maybe just marginally less so.
Nostalgia is a cope.

idk the internet of 2006 was pretty empty feeling compared to now.

Cope tbh
It never began.
Yeah things were better in the past but it was still terrible. Maybe just marginally less so.
Nostalgia is a cope.
You could get away with stuff back then you can't now (online).

You could get away with stuff back then you can't now (online).
Less copes back then tbh
You are looking it at with rose tinted glasses imo.
It wasn't really that great. It was just less weird and meme like than now.

Less copes back then tbh
You are looking it at with rose tinted glasses imo.
It wasn't really that great. It was just less weird and meme like than now.
At least it wasn't full of normie sjw types though.

the brain is a powerful thing dude
possible onset of a severe trauma eg swallowing of the blackpill has caused some form of ptsd event and ongoing tramua mentally, which can then cause ancillary effects like chronic depression, remember within the brain is an executive system in which modulates the passing or the perception of time, all of these areas of the brain are effected by disorders such as depression which also have a very real physical effect on the brain, eg depression actually makes you dumber it physically shrinks and atrophies the brain especially the memory centres hippocampus section of the brain.

As a side not you may also not even remember very well events between the period 2015 and 2020 due to this as your long and short term memory especially between these periods gets fucked up.

another really important effected area is the amigdala this gets shrunk as well and is critical in the feeling of emotions, pleasure memories, motivation , basically quality of life and the feeling of emotions.
this is why depression chronically is so devastating and part of the reason incels stay incels and rot, these centres are getting hammered while also being damaged over time, leading to severe inability to feel pleasure etc and emotional problems, eg cant relate to other people, dont even want to interact, furhter isolation etc etc

Yeah I stopped forming memories post 2014-2015 right when I started uni. The first thing I start seeing when I actively remember this period are my terrible commutes... Truly saddening

Within that span of 5 years millions of Chads were pump and dumping our crushes, having the time of their lives. Chads don’t rot, they build confidence and validity with every pump and dump.

life will only get worse much more especially in the last 20years have been shit and is going to get shittier

My whole life has been a void of experiences and wondering why I am in my situation. Then I found this site and the Blackpill on the internet, only then did I know.
inability to feel pleasure
Anhedonia.
the brain is a powerful thing dude
possible onset of a severe trauma eg swallowing of the blackpill has caused some form of ptsd event and ongoing tramua mentally, which can then cause ancillary effects like chronic depression, remember within the brain is an executive system in which modulates the passing or the perception of time, all of these areas of the brain are effected by disorders such as depression which also have a very real physical effect on the brain, eg depression actually makes you dumber it physically shrinks and atrophies the brain especially the memory centres hippocampus section of the brain.
This is why Anger and Hatred is important. At least you are feeling something as opposed to nothing. You just need to have a switch you can utilise to turn it off around others.

Last edited:
Anyone else feels like the last couple of years have gone extremely fast? @anon1822
It's so disturbing.
Nope tbh the beginning of this year doesn't feel the same as toward the end of this year.
I didn't get that kind of impression in 2019 or the previous year.

Madmax

My whole life has been a void of experiences and wondering why I am in my situation. Then I found this site and the Blackpill on the internet, only then did I know.

Anhedonia.

This is why Anger and Hatred is important. At least you are feeling something as opposed to nothing. You just need to have a switch you can utilise to turn it off around others.
Same. I don't remember much of anything past school and a couple of interviews that went horribly wrong (one time my shoes literally fell apart just before an interview - the soles of my shoes came off and I was walking around the city in my socks).

Yeah, I'm just a ghost in general. Those years were extremely lonely when they're supposed to be your most social

So it's like I don't even have any memories. Those years were just a bunch of depressive episodes for me back to back.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm just a ghost in general. Those years were extremely lonely when they're supposed to be your most social

So it's like I don't even have any memories. Those years were just a bunch of depressive episodes for me back to back.

If you're not having any particularly new or interesting experiences, especially those involving other people such as romantic relationships, there just isn't anything significant enough to stick in your memory and leave an impression. Just about everything you experience can be related to previous similar or identical experiences and safely forgotten.

Same. I don't remember much of anything past school and a couple of interviews that went horribly wrong (one time my shoes literally fell apart just before an interview - the soles of my shoes came off and I was walking around the city in my socks).
Man that is fucking brutal. I went to an interview and they thought I had a stroke from the way I look. Look similar to Sloth from the Goonies tbh.

I feel the same way about having that mental break between two distinct periods of time. For me, it's pre-2012 vs post-2012 - I was around your age at the time, too. That was when I caught oneitis for the first time, and it was really really bad. I spent the entirety of high school chasing her, and then when I went to college, I became an alcoholic recluse. As a result, college was sort of a quick blur for me - even though meaningful things still happened during college, I just don't seem to be able to remember them as readily as I do high school.

I think I've successfully moved on from high school and I accept what happened, but it has kind of left me feeling emptier. I wonder if I just placed too much meaning and emphasis on that part of my life, or if it's just inherently more memorable because it happened early on in life. Maybe 15 is just that crucial age where if you don't start doing things right, they start going wrong?
I too feel like 15/16 was some sort crucial point in how your social life will form

For me it's pre 2012 and post 2012.
Why does there seem to be a massive pattern of alot of online dwellers that same the same thing. 2012 felt like the last year that the world was "real" and I cant fundamentllly put into words as to why that is. A few other people on here are saying 2012 and Ive seen the same thing said for the past 4-5 years throughout various online sites/forums/boards where everyone unironically thinks that some sort of shift happened in 2012. Inb4 the meme of the Mayan calender and whatnot but Ive read theories about the world ending metaphysically in some fashion in 2012 and this is a dimension slid over from the previous one, causing massive cultural and physical properties to alter. I am the biggest skeptic out there and believe in very little conspiracy theories, but something about 2012 did seem to change and everyone knows this.

Why does there seem to be a massive pattern of alot of online dwellers that same the same thing. 2012 felt like the last year that the world was "real" and I cant fundamentllly put into words as to why that is. A few other people on here are saying 2012 and Ive seen the same thing said for the past 4-5 years throughout various online sites/forums/boards where everyone unironically thinks that some sort of shift happened in 2012. Inb4 the meme of the Mayan calender and whatnot but Ive read theories about the world ending metaphysically in some fashion in 2012 and this is a dimension slid over from the previous one, causing massive cultural and physical properties to alter. I am the biggest skeptic out there and believe in very little conspiracy theories, but something about 2012 did seem to change and everyone knows this.
I feel there was more than one such period like this tbh
2008 ended the widedspread bluepilled optimistic outlook and ype of behavior most people in western countries had.
2012 marked the turn of darker and weirder events but let up a bit in 2013 and 2014.
2016 felt just as weird as 2012.

But in 2012 it definitely seems like a shift of some sort was occurring. It was like the real transition point between the 2000s and 2010s culture tbhngl

Can relate but for me it started in 2014